WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Home Building

jailbird141

Reaction score
I know that up until recently, the home building market in Havasu has been through the roof. How are the recent worldly events effecting that? Construction still going strong? Prices still incredibly inflated? Is now the time to start building or wait it out a little longer?

TCHB

Reaction score
I know that up until recently, the home building market in Havasu has been through the roof. How are the recent worldly events effecting that? Construction still going strong? Prices still incredibly inflated? Is now the time to start building or wait it out a little longer?
Seems to be normal on the build side. Most of these new homes were sold or built as speck homes many months ago.

franky

Reaction score
Seems to be normal on the build side. Most of these new homes were sold or built as speck homes many months ago.
Lots of specs still going up!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The majority of Havasu has not accepted the fact that’s what is going on is real....yet. As always they are behind the curve but it will hit very soon. They will also recover the slowest. If I were selling a property in Havana I would be pushing to offload now. If I were looking to buy (like I am) I’m waiting a bit.

Last edited:

franky

Reaction score
Havasu has not accepted the fact that’s what is going on is real....yet. As always they are behind the curve but it will hit very soon. They will also recover the slowest. If I were selling a property in Havana I would be pushing to offload now. If I were looking to buy (like I am) I’m waiting a bit.
Very general and miopic view. I live here and have accepted what is going on, so have my friends. What is supposed to happen, stop construction that started 3 months ago? Throw up our arms and run away? Life goes on, Havasu will continue to grow...and houses will sell. This too shall pass......I have lived here 20 years and have seen the cycles before.

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Havasu has not accepted the fact that’s what is going on is real....yet. As always they are behind the curve but it will hit very soon. They will also recover the slowest. If I were selling a property in Havana I would be pushing to offload now. If I were looking to buy (like I am) I’m waiting a bit.
It’s crazy how many people from California have came here thinking it’s just another vacation.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Steve , 2FF to the white courtesy phone please ...

sirbob

Reaction score
I am guessing they are still busy with what they have had going. However lots of builders will be looking for work in 6 months and will be very hungry for work in 1 year.

IMO

Heylam

Reaction score
Lake Havasu City is no different then any other area with a high secondary home market. When money gets tight, they will feel the impact more.

Reactions: DWC

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It’s crazy how many people from California have came here thinking it’s just another vacation.

Exactly. My social media feed is filled with people hanging out bar the sandbar, boating, going to bars, etc. they are using this as an excuse to have an extended vacation.

Sadly when (not if) it hits Havasu/Parker it’s going to be ugly. They do not have the medical resources. We were going to “bug out” to Parker but after weighing everything we felt safer being quarantined at home (wife is immuno compromised) and having access to real hospitals (even if overwhelmed).

We still have our remote bug out spot set up in the desert if need be.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Most people that have second homes in Parker or Havasu only live 3 or 4 hours away, I would think if they started to feel sick (cold or flu like symptoms) they would drive home to where their doctors are that they know and trust.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
About 30 homes underway in the Foothills.
We just took a drive out there yesterday with some family visiting from the mid-west. The wife and I hadn't been out there in 4 years, HOLY CRAP, has that place changed!!!!!!! Is it still called Havasu out there or are they going to rename this NEW town??

franky

Reaction score
About 30 homes underway in the Foothills.
That place is going crazy, wood everywhere. We have a lot in there but holding off building (before this pandemic). It will be a spec because that place is way too sterile for me. I like to start my boat in the driveway...

riverroyal

Reaction score
I would hold off until after this summer. No construction workers available anyways right now

jailbird141

Reaction score
I would hold off until after this summer. No construction workers available anyways right now

Ya, we have been pushing back building for this very reason. Hoping that changes and prices become more reasonable. Some of the quotes we got are unreal.

westair

Reaction score
Most people that have second homes in Parker or Havasu only live 3 or 4 hours away, I would think if they started to feel sick (cold or flu like symptoms) they would drive home to where their doctors are that they know and trust.
yes exactly, I don't think the thought of going to a havasu doctor would even enter my mind .... not because of being capable but I have my own I go to in San Diego

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Retirement homes, locals or 2nd homes? If 2nd homes I have seen some walk away. Budweiser Rd. Up in Needles is a prime example.

It’s a mix, most of the homes in the estates are local business owners, doctors, etc., our neighbor on one side is a local radiologist, behinds is oncologist, and the other side is a retired couple from Idaho that spend the winters here. The new homes up the hill are I’d say very similar to the Havasu demographic which my guess is 50/50 locals versus weekenders.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We just took a drive out there yesterday with some family visiting from the mid-west. The wife and I hadn't been out there in 4 years, HOLY CRAP, has that place changed!!!!!!! Is it still called Havasu out there or are they going to rename this NEW town??
We love it, very peaceful, stars at night away from the city are amazing and we have a bit more than a acre so plenty of room, but it’s remote and you can’t leave your pets unattended, this guy apparently lives in the wash behind the house, he’s been seen often, was drinking from our neighbors pool a few mornings ago.
1E0079EA-2422-42A7-913F-054D2A0950F1.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
this guy apparently lives in the wash behind the house, he’s been seen often, was drinking from our neighbors pool a few mornings ago.
View attachment 857090

EEEeeeekkkKKK!!!!!

Dang that’s a big kitty. What part of town are you in? We have a wash in the back of our house on the south side Of town.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lake Havasu City is no different then any other area with a high secondary home market. When money gets tight, they will feel the impact more.

It won’t be as bad as last time.. It used to all be secondary homes.. With Cal Exit we have a lot more permanent residences then before.

With how things are going in Cali it could be argued the prices here might even go up? Lol

We won’t know until we know..

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
EEEeeeekkkKKK!!!!!

Dang that’s a big kitty. What part of town are you in? We have a wash in the back of our house on the south side Of town.

Havasu Foothills, top of McCulloch then up Cherry Tree about a mile, basically the Eastern edge of town. That pic was taken in member Noah and Jeannettes house a few doors up the street. Another neighbor saw him leap a 11 foot retaining wall to get into their back yard.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Havasu Foothills, top of McCulloch then up Cherry Tree about a mile, basically the Eastern edge of town. That pic was taken in member Noah and Jeannettes house a few doors up the street. Another neighbor saw him leap a 11 foot retaining wall to get into their back yard.

Awesome pic of the feline. Good thing that we did not pull the trigger up in the area. I have issues for the wife in the desert with snakes alone. LOL