WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu home prices????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
whats the market like right now???? and how do you figure out a fair asking price??? comps seem all over the place....

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Havasu is such a Hodge Podge of houses and areas I'm amazed anybody can come up with a cost. Your probably better off just throwing some bones on the floor, lol.
Seriously though, I would get a broker to provide comps.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
whats the market like right now???? and how do you figure out a fair asking price??? comps seem all over the place....

RE is one fire right now in LHC.. Stacy just hired two new (experienced) agents to keep up with demand.

The numbers she is putting up are insane. Sold another house this morning.

I think she has 13 listings right now as well.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
We JUST bought our lot in the foothills. Found a smoking deal on one we looked at 2 years ago.

The question for us is do we sell our current house with a year long lease back or sit on it for a year and hope the market doesn’t crash. [emoji2359]

DWC

Reaction score
“Mr Rhetorical”back at it again.:D I’d be willing to bet that 2FF has never bought or sold anything without knowing the right price or market.
PS. Home looks incredible. I’m sure it’ll go quick.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
We JUST bought our lot in the foothills. Found a smoking deal on one we looked at 2 years ago.

The question for us is do we sell our current house with a year long lease back or sit on it for a year and hope the market doesn’t crash. [emoji2359]

Congrats. A couple of other members live up here. Stop by and say hello.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
finding a house that checks all the boxes in havasu is tough....the comps on new houses are all over the place...the " on you level lot prices make people think they can buy a home for that,... the builders that just scrape a level spot and build come in cheep... then you move in and have 10's of thousand to finish it,,, landscape, big paver driveways, block retaining walls and privacy walls,..so far I can't find a comp that has every thing...

I've always said... the best place we ever owned in havasu was the little mobile we had.... you could go months with out going there.... having a nice home in havasu with the idea of someday moving there full time makes sense.... but having a half million tied up for a place to go a couple times a year is way out of my league....I have out of pocket over a million tied up there,and I don't even like going there.... we just got back from a road trip... went to beaver utah for a few days,... then back across to Pismo....in the 60's both places...with the rv ac on auto, the roof ac on came on when we were driving across the desert...IMO... prime time for havasu starts in sept...guess I'm getting old,.. but vacation for me means going somewhere new...and leaving the heat to go some where where it's cool..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Stacy knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not ever seen one comp to our home...sure... you can find them with RV garages...but what about huge 40 x 60 plus paver drive ways with parking for 5 or 6 boats hooked to trucks...big lake view... 3 br 3 bth..high ceilings... and most important house facing north....
people try to buy off price per foot which hasn't worked for over 50 years. being less than a mile from the boat ramp, in a nice clean neighbor hood is more key to me...I spent a few years on top of the hill in havasu…. pain in the ass...get of the lake and have an hour to drive around in the 120 degree heat to go put the boat away, then have to turn around and drive back to go eat..being 2 min.s from every where you would want to go at some point should have some value... that and being close enough to the lake for the view.... but far enough away to not get the nat ' swarms...clean quiet neighbors, wheres the value there???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think some people buy with the idea to get the most house they can.....then do all the work to finish it...and never put a pencil to what it's gonna cost to finish it out.... finding a turn key, ready to go , do nothing home is gonna be tough IMO..that and owner carry option...
qualifying is pretty easy, tell me how you are gonna pay me, and I say yes or no..buy today move in tomorrow..I sold a house on the hill that the guy moved stuff in the same day....took a few days to close.... but he was able to move his stuff out of storage while he was in town...I only have 4 contracts out right now....all are members here, so easy to find out how I am to deal with....:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Havasu is such a Hodge Podge of houses and areas I'm amazed anybody can come up with a cost. Your probably better off just throwing some bones on the floor, lol.
Seriously though, I would get a broker to provide comps.
that's the million dollar question with no answer....I've done 6 homes in havasu...all were a challenge...but, I did get them done..

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We are looking but are seeing the same thing values are all over the place. It’s like people use a big spinning wheel to kick the price they are going to list it. we aren’t ready yet hopefully things settle down a bit before we pull the trigger.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I was looking pretty hard up there April to June. Prices went up for the most part about $5-10K in a couple months in the $450-525K range. That range has evened out with homes on the high end of that parameter coming down to around the 490's, a couple going up slightly.

Each buyer, as written above, has to see the neighborhood and decide what they can deal with as for views across the street/next door from each property. I can't help but notice a lot of former Ca. govt. workers/private biz owners are moving in with money and buying nice homes.
The available lots are shrinking up but there ones to be found.

As for rental properties, I found out another friend is doing so well on his rental, he bought a mobile at one of the island parks because he couldn't book time for his family to use it! The rental is paying for itself and the mobile/space rent. I'm sure that isn't the norm, but obviously he picked the right home to rent out for popularity, lol.

I decided to wait for the elections, it's a second home for me and either the tide will turn and a deal will be had, or I will be getting less of a home if prices rise, lol. I can wait.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
We are looking but are seeing the same thing values are all over the place. It’s like people use a big spinning wheel to kick the price they are going to list it. we aren’t ready yet hopefully things settle down a bit before we pull the trigger.
I THINK THERE IS A BIG PUSH FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF CALIFORNIA.. I was just there... over 4 bucks for fuel....under 3 in Utah on the same trip...gotta say this... roads are a mess in cal...they keep taxing higher and higher there, but putting the money in there pockets instead of road repair....working for the government in cal seems to be the way to go.... big big pay days... then if you can get into politic there... lear jet paydays.. workin people are fleeing,..born free, taxed to death..poverty level every where... people driving old clunkers... stopping and getting 5 bucks worth of fuel,..I stopped in Maricopa to get some fuel on the way to Pismo.... gave the guy 100 dollar bill to fill up....he spent a couple minutes looking at it...and looking at me...the place looked straight mexico...poor everywhere..I only got 56 bucks of fuel.... but the change he gave me was all 1's and 5's...all of it all crumpeled up and dirty....street people taking over everywhere...climate is good there so you can live with out heat and ac...

Mikes56

Reaction score
Anyone looked at the new area off Cherrytree? We were just there looking last weekend. Jesus they are nice. Anyone know if we can just purchase the lot now and build in a few years when my wife retires?

We also went to look to look at The Refuge, but the guard said we had to have a realtor with us.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was looking pretty hard up there April to June. Prices went up for the most part about $5-10K in a couple months in the $450-525K range. That range has evened out with homes on the high end of that parameter coming down to around the 490's, a couple going up slightly.

Each buyer, as written above, has to see the neighborhood and decide what they can deal with as for views across the street/next door from each property. I can't help but notice a lot of former Ca. govt. workers/private biz owners are moving in with money and buying nice homes.
The available lots are shrinking up but there ones to be found.

As for rental properties, I found out another friend is doing so well on his rental, he bought a mobile at one of the island parks because he couldn't book time for his family to use it! The rental is paying for itself and the mobile/space rent. I'm sure that isn't the norm, but obviously he picked the right home to rent out for popularity, lol.

I decided to wait for the elections, it's a second home for me and either the tide will turn and a deal will be had, or I will be getting less of a home if prices rise, lol. I can wait.
If you check back on my history of posts,you will read that I advised people to get there name on a deed over a year ago...pro's say it's gonna keep going up..lots that you can scrape and build are very scarce..developing a lot is sky high there...and that's if you can get it done... most contractors are way to busy to do owner builds, and if they do it's x's 2...and who knows when it will get done...

Meaney77

Reaction score
I THINK THERE IS A BIG PUSH FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF CALIFORNIA.. I was just there... over 4 bucks for fuel....under 3 in Utah on the same trip...gotta say this... roads are a mess in cal...they keep taxing higher and higher there, but putting the money in there pockets instead of road repair....working for the government in cal seems to be the way to go.... big big pay days... then if you can get into politic there... lear jet paydays.. workin people are fleeing,..born free, taxed to death..poverty level every where... people driving old clunkers... stopping and getting 5 bucks worth of fuel,..I stopped in Maricopa to get some fuel on the way to Pismo.... gave the guy 100 dollar bill to fill up....he spent a couple minutes looking at it...and looking at me...the place looked straight mexico...poor everywhere..I only got 56 bucks of fuel.... but the change he gave me was all 1's and 5's...all of it all crumpeled up and dirty....street people taking over everywhere...climate is good there so you can live with out heat and ac...
Welcome to CA!!! You pretty much hit the nail on the head of the pain most of us feel everyday!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Anyone looked at the new area off Cherrytree? We were just there looking last weekend. Jesus they are nice. Anyone know if we can just purchase the lot now and build in a few years when my wife retires?

We also went to look to look at The Refuge, but the guard said we had to have a realtor with us.
theres some good lots in the refuge right now for 50k... wish I was younger.....the place I really like is the lots in willow valley...cimmoron lake....

boatpi

Reaction score
The money is coming from CA, and as it has for years drives Havasu pricing. In a way like Vegas, but here more investors although higher prices have stopped that for the most part. Vegas is till 10% per year+. more on new houses in the right areas purchased in the past 3 years. My 1 year old house is up about 150K in 1 year, large lot in 89113 Southwest that brings a higher pricing than Northwest. Pinnacle is about to build 10 more near me, all at 800G+ plus options, all single story as we are in rural zone.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If you check back on my history of posts,you will read that I advised people to get there name on a deed over a year ago...pro's say it's gonna keep going up..lots that you can scrape and build are very scarce..developing a lot is sky high there...and that's if you can get it done... most contractors are way to busy to do owner builds, and if they do it's x's 2...and who knows when it will get done...

You were right. I am considering buying a lot and waiting for a downturn, then locking in a contractor when their biz dries up. I personally think the overall personal wealth level of Havasu residents is changing with the influx of Baby Boomers/Gen Xer's that are pro motorsports/firearms/larger bank accounts vs the solely snow bird/golf crowd/more modest incomes of retirees of years past in that area.

There are lots to be had, but the only way to find them is to get out there and drive, the ones listed on the net are either too high for builders to scoop up for their own spec homes, or are passed on by the RE agents/builders because of the issues to develop said lots as you posted.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

It is a big spinning wheel, people are throwing up a number and seeing what sticks.

You have a lot of questions - location, new vs old, finishes, sizes, garages, etc.

Why would you pay the same for an older house when you can get a new one, all other things being equal?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You were right. I am considering buying a lot and waiting for a downturn, then locking in a contractor when their biz dries up. I personally think the overall personal wealth level of Havasu residents is changing with the influx of Baby Boomers/Gen Xer's that are pro motorsports/firearms/larger bank accounts vs the solely snow bird/golf crowd/more modest incomes of retirees of years past in that area.

There are lots to be had, but the only way to find them is to get out there and drive, the ones listed on the net are either too high for builders to scoop up for their own spec homes, or are passed on by the RE agents/builders because of the issues to develop said lots as you posted.

As more retirees move there, the RE market is going to stabilize more than it has in the past. You have more residents with stable incomes moving into town, propping up the local economy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The money is coming from CA, and as it has for years drives Havasu pricing. In a way like Vegas, but here more investors although higher prices have stopped that for the most part. Vegas is till 10% per year+. more on new houses in the right areas purchased in the past 3 years. My 1 year old house is up about 150K in 1 year, large lot in 89113 Southwest that brings a higher pricing than Northwest. Pinnacle is about to build 10 more near me, all at 800G+ plus options, all single story as we are in rural zone.

I really need to look at getting into the Vegas market at some point.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Just bought a lot. Splitting it and putting up two 3/2's with RV garages and both with room for a pool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Where did you find that?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It is a big spinning wheel, people are throwing up a number and seeing what sticks.

You have a lot of questions - location, new vs old, finishes, sizes, garages, etc.

Why would you pay the same for an older house when you can get a new one, all other things being equal?
location, location, location....now throw in neighbors..and duplexes everywhere...south side has more of a cal feel,and they seem to floc there..pink tile roofs everywhere...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Old school Havasu was cool... "Mind your business" was the way of life....now it's,.. "whats that guy doing...he can't do that!,I'm calling the authorities !!!!!"

Englewood

Reaction score
RE is one fire right now in LHC.. Stacy just hired two new (experienced) agents to keep up with demand.

The numbers she is putting up are insane. Sold another house this morning.

I think she has 13 listings right now as well.

Well done. The best thing you could've done was tap your resources on here by getting her in RE. Keep in touch with all her past clients and she wont even have to work in 5 years!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
location, location, location....now throw in neighbors..and duplexes everywhere...south side has more of a cal feel,and they seem to floc there..pink tile roofs everywhere...

Correct. It’s all over the map.

gqchris

Reaction score
Well done. The best thing you could've done was tap your resources on here by getting her in RE. Keep in touch with all her past clients and she wont even have to work in 5 years!

Between that and the new RDP Boat Brokerage, he is on the path of early retirement!:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I believe you can purchase a lot and then build later. If you ever want to go look around or have RE questions call Stacy! 928-706-4200.

boatpi

Reaction score
Let me add this, if you have a business that grosses anywhere close to $1 million or more you’re unlikely to set that up in Lake Havasu unless there is some special needs right there in the city, more likely you would move to Nevada.

Although the personal income tax is around 5% for Arizona for those I don’t know in Nevada it is a big ZERO$$!!

Corporate tax, ZERO again!!

Corporate inventory tax ,...yes, ZERO again!

Just a month and a half ago another for fullfilment center was created on a half 1,000,000 ft.² in the north end of town.
Amazon hired 2000 people full-time in one day to manage this latest warehouse

not to mention the north end of Vegas will be the new tech capital of Nevada. It’s already happening.

This is not even a city it was two years ago.

this place is Poppin at the seams now with the Raiders, a new baseball stadium in the west end, and even discussions recently about a soccer team and maybe even major-league baseball.

Last edited:

Slick

Reaction score
theres some good lots in the refuge right now for 50k... wish I was younger.....the place I really like is the lots in willow valley...cimmoron lake....
The Refuge lots are the cheapest in town alright. But have an HOA of $420 a month. And it is in Deserted Hills

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

The items on my list are more revolved around things you CANT buy. view is important, location, etc.. obvisouly we want everything but there are certain things we are willing to give up and do later if it means getting something we cant get later. for example, give up RV garage for a house that has a view or prime location.

guest hs

Reaction score
I plan on put my Havasu house back on the market as soon as it cools down maybe end of October. I will have had it a little over 2 years and I will make a little profit but nothing like I did on my Henderson house!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The items on my list are more revolved around things you CANT buy. view is important, location, etc.. obvisouly we want everything but there are certain things we are willing to give up and do later if it means getting something we cant get later. for example, give up RV garage for a house that has a view or prime location.

You are are the mercy of the asking price on that deal :)

Cobalt232

Reaction score

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Planning on putting my house on market soon top dollar take it or leave it

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

This is what we did. Put in a very low bid on a bank owned lot during the housing recession back in 2008. Then selected our contractor and house was completed 5 months later. Of course the advantage to building is you can go as custom as you want. 10 years later and house is worth well over twice what I invested. Neighbors across the street just listed their s for 720k.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I plan on put my Havasu house back on the market as soon as it cools down maybe end of October. I will have had it a little over 2 years and I will make a little profit but nothing like I did on my Henderson house!

Let me know when you want to sell it!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Let me add this, if you have a business that grosses anywhere close to $1 million or more you’re unlikely to set that up in Lake Havasu unless there is some special needs right there in the city, more likely you would move to Nevada.

Although the personal income tax is around 5% for Arizona for those I don’t know in Nevada it is a big ZERO$$!!

Corporate tax, ZERO again!!

Corporate inventory tax ,...yes, ZERO again!

Just a month and a half ago another for fullfilment center was created on a half 1,000,000 ft.² in the north end of town.
Amazon hired 2000 people full-time in one day to manage this latest warehouse

not to mention the north end of Vegas will be the new tech capital of Nevada. It’s already happening.

This is not even a city it was two years ago.

this place is Poppin at the seams now with the Raiders, a new baseball stadium in the west end, and even discussions recently about a soccer team and maybe even major-league baseball.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So here's the thought process....the claim is havasu is still going up 12%...so lets say it's current value is 550k...it's free and clear, so year cost to sit ,taxes,insurance,power and other utilitys estimated at about $3600.... gonna use 10% gain...so 55k gain....-$3600, leaves 51,400 total gain... I'm in a real high tax bracket, so lets say 30% capital gain tax...so about $15.500.00 tax due...so net 36k....I like to say around 10% gain on investments...so 55k would be good to net, so the short come would only be the $3600.00 for yr, costs....real safe investment..gross about 9.5% gain before tax........but that's if there's a 10% gain... personally, I think it'll go 20%.... there's way more buyers than house's, (talking new rv garage 3br-3bth lake view nice hood homes)

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
So here's the thought process....the claim is havasu is still going up 12%...so lets say it's current value is 550k...it's free and clear, so year cost to sit ,taxes,insurance,power and other utilitys estimated at about $3600.... gonna use 10% gain...so 55k gain....-$3600, leaves 51,400 total gain... I'm in a real high tax bracket, so lets say 30% capital gain tax...so about $15.500.00 tax due...so net 36k....I like to say around 10% gain on investments...so 55k would be good to net, so the short come would only be the $3600.00 for yr, costs....real safe investment..gross about 9.5% gain before tax........but that's if there's a 10% gain... personally, I think it'll go 20%.... there's way more buyers than house's, (talking new rv garage 3br-3bth lake view nice hood homes)

Where is the Real Estate Commision and closing costs in your numbers?

550K at 12% grosses 616K... minus 6% nets 579K... I only see 29K "gain"....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Where is the Real Estate Commision and closing costs in your numbers?

550K at 12% grosses 616K... minus 6% nets 579K... I only see 29K "gain"....
I was talking the one year gain...the amount if I sit on it another yr... so if you take 550k and sell,... then a year latter look at the same home that is now 605k...the 550k homes right now could have been bought in the 400's 2 yrs ago,..@ 12% gain puts it +- 500k plus...

so again,