WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu home prices????

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I was talking the one year gain...the amount if I sit on it another yr... so if you take 550k and sell,... then a year latter look at the same home that is now 605k...the 550k homes right now could have been bought in the 400's 2 yrs ago,..@ 12% gain puts it +- 500k plus...

so again,

Fair enough... I am to simple minded to understand!... I guess that's why I still live in the first house I bought 25 years ago.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So here's the thought process....the claim is havasu is still going up 12%...so lets say it's current value is 550k...it's free and clear, so year cost to sit ,taxes,insurance,power and other utilitys estimated at about $3600.... gonna use 10% gain...so 55k gain....-$3600, leaves 51,400 total gain... I'm in a real high tax bracket, so lets say 30% capital gain tax...so about $15.500.00 tax due...so net 36k....I like to say around 10% gain on investments...so 55k would be good to net, so the short come would only be the $3600.00 for yr, costs....real safe investment..gross about 9.5% gain before tax........but that's if there's a 10% gain... personally, I think it'll go 20%.... there's way more buyers than house's, (talking new rv garage 3br-3bth lake view nice hood homes)

I don’t think there will be another 20% jump in a year.. I think it will be single digit, but it sounds like you just talked yourself into holding.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I don’t think there will be another 20% jump in a year.. I think it will be single digit, but it sounds like you just talked yourself into holding.

Until the evacuation in California is over I could easily see another 20%-30% appreciation over the next 5 years, especially with interest rates on the retreat. But I agree, I don't see it increasing above single digits in the next year, but who knows? The Havasu Market is different than the rest of the nation - that's for sure!

Slick

Reaction score

HavaToon

Reaction score
Well we got two offers within the first hour of the first open house on day two of being listed. I think we are priced just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outboardrick

Reaction score
Well we got two offers within the first hour of the first open house on day two of being listed. I think we are priced just fine.

I got an informal appraisal of my house, which is a lot like yours, and I think you're priced a bit low. But I thought my appraisal was a bit low too.... And I was just hoping for more :)

HavaToon

Reaction score
I got an informal appraisal of my house, which is a lot like yours, and I think you're priced a bit low. But I thought my appraisal was a bit low too.... And I was just hoping for more :)

We wondered that as well, but I’ll just hold out for the $$$. Don’t have to or need to sell.

outboardrick

Reaction score
We wondered that as well, but I’ll just hold out for the $$$. Don’t have to or need to sell.

I still think the prices will go up some with everyone bailing out of California.

guest hs

Reaction score
I was talking the one year gain...the amount if I sit on it another yr... so if you take 550k and sell,... then a year latter look at the same home that is now 605k...the 550k homes right now could have been bought in the 400's 2 yrs ago,..@ 12% gain puts it +- 500k plus...

so again,
Why not hold on to the house for 2 years to prevent the Capital Gains Tax

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We JUST bought our lot in the foothills. Found a smoking deal on one we looked at 2 years ago.

The question for us is do we sell our current house with a year long lease back or sit on it for a year and hope the market doesn’t crash. [emoji2359]

Damn, should have bought ours :) Welcome to the neighborhood, great place to live.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Damn, should have bought ours :) Welcome to the neighborhood, great place to live.

Vacant lot or built house? We are super excited. Wanted to be up there for a while now. Lot fell in our lap. And with the additional ‘authorized’ builders recently the prices to build have stayed competitive.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Third offer in, now for the bid war. [emoji857]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Four offers in total, over ask and now we are pending in 3 days. That was the fastest and most fun I’ve had selling a home.

Congrats! That’s how I felt about the chino home but it quickly went south and almost put me in the hospital. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing for you

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Market is topped out here in California.

That’s because anyone nearing retirement is leaving Taxifornia, where in the past most people would just downsize in their local area. This is another reason why Havasu is still a Boomtown while Taxifornia is in nearing recession !

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Comps are comparable sales that must be looked out in relation to the subject property...you add for additional features, amenities, condition and location or subtract pending on the superior property. Personally, I think zillow/zestimate does a better job than most appraisers, but at the end of the day your home is what someone is willing to pay for it at that moment in time.

I get it wrong on occasion myself. I have a newly renovated property listed in a very hot area of SD and it's been crickets. I have two model match comp's that justified my list price and have had no activity. Pulled it off the market, went back on $25k less with a fresh new listing...nothing. I'm having all new marketing, photos, etc. being done this week and hoping that will bring my number.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

The way that I see it is you priced it 14.95 too low and any more that that you would have priced yourself right out of the market! :D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
more what I wondering is prediction, the perceived value of 525 to 550k...and guesstimate of a 10% increase in one year would put the homes value over 600k in 12 months....and would only cost all in $3500 for a year, so even if you never used the property, it would make money....as some say, havasu is gonna level off....my question is are we there??? most say no... even though they are very busy... and lots are hard to find..homes that have view, 3 bths,ample parking, and easy to use location see to move fast...what about turn key homes where all you do is move in???? that has to be worth something..that and no bank qualifying???

outboardrick

Reaction score
Four offers in total, over ask and now we are pending in 3 days. That was the fastest and most fun I’ve had selling a home.

Awesome, very encouraging!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
more what I wondering is prediction, the perceived value of 525 to 550k...and guesstimate of a 10% increase in one year would put the homes value over 600k in 12 months....and would only cost all in $3500 for a year, so even if you never used the property, it would make money....as some say, havasu is gonna level off....my question is are we there??? most say no... even though they are very busy... and lots are hard to find..homes that have view, 3 bths,ample parking, and easy to use location see to move fast...what about turn key homes where all you do is move in???? that has to be worth something..that and no bank qualifying???

Throw it on the market and see if someone will pay yore number.