WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu House Fire

cooler guy

Reaction score
On Thanksgiving while everyone was enjoying family and friends, our friend Lacrecia and her family watched their house burn down. I met Lacrecia about 5 years ago when she asked me to sponsor her. She is one of only a few female racers that competes in professional off-road racing. We hit it off immediately and started a friendship. She races her pink UTV in support for Breast cancer. She has won many of the top races, and really kicks ass...
With both my mom and mother in law dying from breast Cancer it was a special connection. Lacrecia even put my mothers name on her UTV, so she can be with her as she races through the desert. (my mom would be yelling the whole time) Lacrecia and her family lost just about everything in the fire, including her race vehicle. We're trying to help out and get them back on their feet. Anything you can contribute will help to get Lacrecia back to what she loves doing, racing and bringing awareness to breast cancer...
The Link to donate is
https://www.gofundme.com/f/hdg2u-10..._vyomiQSSQUtjfh83Kh3WWY-y2n8EXSWWQTsosymjdSkU
Thanks, Brian Hatch
AO Coolers

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Was it Friday night/sat morning around midnight? North side of town?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thursday night, they live about a mile from the fire station. Not sure if that's the North side of town..

the fire station on mcculoch? That’s right in the middle of town about three blocks from my house.
Very sorry to hear about her house. :(. Any idea on what caused the fire yet? Will insurance help to cover additional items like the race car etc?

we will donate tomorrow when the wife wakes up. If she needs any local resources let me know

boatpi

Reaction score
There Insurance carrier will cut them a check on the spot once an adjuster gets out for some living expenses and immediately put them into a rental house or a large hotel.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Lacrecia and her family are some of the nicest people in off-road. They go out of their way to help others any chance they get. They lost pretty much everything in the fire including their race car.

p3311315666-6.jpg

p2905915957-6.jpg

p3750673859-6.jpg

cooler guy

Reaction score
the fire station on mcculoch? That’s right in the middle of town about three blocks from my house.
Very sorry to hear about her house. :(. Any idea on what caused the fire yet? Will insurance help to cover additional items like the race car etc?

we will donate tomorrow when the wife wakes up. If she needs any local resources let me know
Still not sure how it started investigation still going on. They are living in their trailer now, but will be in a rental soon. House will be torn down and they will have to rebuild a new one. Looks like they won't be in their new house for a good year. They had insurance, but just like any insurance it's not going to pay for everything.. Thanks for the donation...

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

Fire station 4 is the closest on the corner of South Palo Verde and Amberwood

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Just wanted to revisit this thread because of some of the asinine things I’ve heard said in other house fire threads lately.

The fire is believed To have started from an exploding lithium battery from an RC car that their son had just put on the charger before dinner.
The family heard an explosion and went outside to look around the neighborhood, by the time they realized it was in there own attached garage. It was too late.
Eric emptied 2 20 pound fire extinguisher’s to no avail. He also sustained some pretty good burns fighting the fire. By the time Havasu fire showed things were pretty much fully involved.
This is a good family and there was nothing nefarious about this incident.

no exploding meth house here like some of you assclowns in other threads have implied.:rolleyes: