WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu house inventory

guest hs

Reaction score
Driving around I see very few for sale signs. What’s going on anyone know?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Stuff is selling the day it hits the market. I sold my home and never put a sign in the front. The house we bought was listed for several months and we were the first offer.

I have a coworker looking right now for his first home, 250K range and everything he goes to look at after work already has multiple offers by the time he gets there. One home he made an offer on, the seller didnt accept because of another offer that was half cash

RVR_RCN

Reaction score
??

I’ve only started watching the market for the last six months but seems like listing volumes have stayed steady prices are up unfortunately for buyers!

Attachments

• 00537E94-C39E-4868-B4A8-8B4B9ECFF082.png
    00537E94-C39E-4868-B4A8-8B4B9ECFF082.png
    733.1 KB · Views: 133

Tank

Reaction score
Anything decent for under 500k is getting snatched up quick. Pool and / or RV garage? Sold in days with multiple offers. A buddy just bought the house across the street from the house he's building with out it going on the market and the dude had 3 other offers as well. NEVER LISTED! I think there's a lot of that going on like Warpt71 said.

PlanB

Reaction score
Two houses next to our's sold recently. One was a 1800 sqft. 3/2 1/3 acre with a small pool. Built a couple of years ago and went for $680k. This was with zero landscaping and only a small barrier just around the pool. The house next to it that was built in the 60's sold for 350K right when it hit the market. Nothing special about the house or lot.

We have thought about selling our house (just like we thought about it in 06) and sitting on the money, but we like our large corner lot and our neighborhood too much. Really tempting to sell both the house and the boat and just sit back and wait.

Tank

Reaction score
Two houses next to our's sold recently. One was a 1800 sqft. 3/2 1/3 acre with a small pool. Built a couple of years ago and went for $680k. This was with zero landscaping and only a small barrier just around the pool. The house next to it that was built in the 60's sold for 350K right when it hit the market. Nothing special about the house or lot.

We have thought about selling our house (just like we thought about it in 06) and sitting on the money, but we like our large corner lot and our neighborhood too much. Really tempting to sell both the house and the boat and just sit back and wait.
I've tossed around that idea with our beach house but we're prop 36'd in. Too much of a gamble.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Stuff is selling the day it hits the market. I sold my home and never put a sign in the front. The house we bought was listed for several months and we were the first offer.

I have a coworker looking right now for his first home, 250K range and everything he goes to look at after work already has multiple offers by the time he gets there. One home he made an offer on, the seller didnt accept because of another offer that was half cash
I’ve gone through that deal and still don’t really understand it. I’ve had offers chosen over mine because it was a cash offer? What’s the main difference? Probably a dumb question but an honest one.

cofooter

Reaction score
I’ve gone through that deal and still don’t really understand it. I’ve had offers chosen over mine because it was a cash offer? What’s the main difference? Probably a dumb question but an honest one.
Maybe less chance for it to fall out of escrow due to buyer not being able to obtain a loan.......

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
I've tossed around that idea with our beach house but we're prop 36'd in. Too much of a gamble.

Anything on the beach has got to be pricey now. We had a chance to buy a place on the sand in North San Diego County in 96 for 100k. HOA was too high IMO, and the parking sucked. Looking back, not buying that place was a HUGE mistake.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Cash is quick. Think how long it takes to get a mortgage, and all of the outs you have as the purchaser, then you may not even get approved and the seller starts the process over again.

Would you rather sell your car to the guy that shows up with cash and drives it away 30 mins later, or the guy that has to meet you at the bank with the car in 3 days to get you your money?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Cash is quick. Think how long it takes to get a mortgage, and all of the outs you have as the purchaser, then you may not even get approved and the seller starts the process over again.

Would you rather sell your car to the guy that shows up with cash and drives it away 30 mins later, or the guy that has to meet you at the bank with the car in 3 days to get you your money?
I get it now. We had a hell of a time with the chino house closing. Makes a whole lot of sense.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Damned if you do 🤔 Damned if you don't🤔

Something about the Saying = Cash Is King. :cool:

Tank

Reaction score
Anything on the beach has got to be pricey now. We had a chance to buy a place on the sand in North San Diego County in 96 for 100k. HOA was too high IMO, and the parking sucked. Looking back, not buying that place was a HUGE mistake.
It's out of control here. Worse (or better, however you look at it) than 07.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
It's out of control here. Worse (or better, however you look at it) than 07.

We went to visit a friend on Sunday and had lunch at Brophy's in the harbor. We then went to Mandalay Shores to look at some real estate. We're seriously thinking about moving to that area once the kids are done with high school. We've been going to Ventura a lot this summer. Love that area.

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score

My husband has mentioned doing this same thing, but I love our neighborhood too much, as well as we built the pool just how we wanted it. Plus, we don’t want to pay to store the boat while we wait for the bubble to pop... So instead I’m trying to talk him into building an RV garage at the street level and just stay lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530RL

Reaction score
Be careful when looking at housing prices as opposed to housing payments.

As long as rates keep going down and money keeps flowing, housing can keep going up in absolute pricing as it is not going up in monthly cost due to the lower interest rates.

A majority of people are not that concerned about the absolute car price, they are concerned about the car payment. Same thing goes for most in housing also. A buyer can fix that payment for 30 years with very little down.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Three houses for sale on my street here in Havasu by the golf corse, one listed for $500,000 is a fixer upper, one for $925,000 and another one for $1.2.

traquer

Reaction score
If I wanted to buy in Havasu now, I'd be asking everyone here to ask people they know. By the time it hits the market it's too late lol. Happy to give a few grand finder's fee too.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Market here is insane. We listed ours (3/2 RV garage, pool, new build a year and a half old) to try and upgrade to one specific home in town , in hopes they’d take our contingency... 15 showings in 24 hours between a Tuesday and Wednesday. The house we wanted refused our contingency so we pulled our house off... and theirs still hasn’t sold after having 2 buyers back out.. [emoji2371]

Tank

Reaction score
We went to visit a friend on Sunday and had lunch at Brophy's in the harbor. We then went to Mandalay Shores to look at some real estate. We're seriously thinking about moving to that area once the kids are done with high school. We've been going to Ventura a lot this summer. Love that area.

Oh snap, we'll be neighbors bro! Hope you guys are ready to party - Dat Beach Life 😁

Mandalay Shores is nice if you're going to live on the water front. Problem is those house start around 3-3.5 mil. The side streets have a lot of rentals so you kind've have to be careful where you buy. Silver Strand Beach has always been a bit eh, less desirable. Check out our beach, Hollywood Beach. No bad areas, street are set up parallel to the beach instead of at a 90 degree so you're never too far away from the sand if you can't afford to live water front.

And don't be scared to get ahold of me next time you're out. Especially on the weekend. Get a few beers / drinks and fire up the BBQ. Give you the nickle golf cart tour of the area. ;) 👍

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Less chance of it all getting fucking up. We were supposed to close escrow on the house I'm selling last Thursday. It didn't fund until today...supposed to record later today, and hopefully I'll have my money tomorrow...we'll see. The lender's excuse was "oh, the underwriter was on vacation last week". All cash is easier because fewer idiots involved in the deal.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Oh snap, we'll be neighbors bro! Hope you guys are ready to party - Dat Beach Life 😁

Mandalay Shores is nice if you're going to live on the water front. Problem is those house start around 3-3.5 mil. The side streets have a lot of rentals so you kind've have to be careful where you buy. Silver Strand Beach has always been a bit eh, less desirable. Check out our beach, Hollywood Beach. No bad areas, street are set up parallel to the beach instead of at a 90 degree so you're never too far away from the sand if you can't afford to live water front.

And don't be scared to get ahold of me next time you're out. Especially on the weekend. Get a few beers / drinks and fire up the BBQ. Give you the nickle golf cart tour of the area. ;) 👍

We're looking at Hollywood beach as well. My buddy owns Barrel 101 if you've ever been there.

Tank

Reaction score
We're looking at Hollywood beach as well. My buddy owns Barrel 101 if you've ever been there.
Yep. We don't venture much up to Ventura, for multiple reasons but I have been in there a few times over the years. They do well and the food is good.

Let me know if you guys want to talk to a real estate agent. We're good friends with a few out here. And before you buy anything or get dead set on anything, lets sit down and have some beers and talk. I grew up here. Know the do's and dont's

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
No. That is laughable.

I don't understand why everyone says "wait for the bubble to pop, its coming!" My family is in construction so we are the first to lose business if the economy goes south so we are always paying attention. People have been saying its going to pop for the last three years and every year has been better and better for us. We are having one of our best years this year! There is no inventory for housing and rates are the lowest they have ever been. I don't see a pop coming any time soon. I see it going crazier once all businesses go back to normal working environments

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone says "wait for the bubble to pop, its coming!" My family is in construction so we are the first to lose business if the economy goes south so we are always paying attention. People have been saying its going to pop for the last three years and every year has been better and better for us. We are having one of our best years this year! There is no inventory for housing and rates are the lowest they have ever been. I don't see a pop coming any time soon. I see it going crazier once all businesses go back to normal working environments

Exactly. There have been people claiming financial armageddon in “18 months” for the last 5 years. Rates won’t be going any higher for awhile. Construction isn’t stopping. There are plenty of canaries in the coal mine for housing prices, and they aren’t going to drop 40% in a handful of months. In fact the foreclosure moratoriums are likely keeping people in their homes, lowering supply and are helping drive up prices.

Yes there are people hurting without work, but many many people making good money in the upper middle to upper class have not been affected much.

But yea the “bubble” is going to pop in 3 months, and every car, home, boat, RV and toy purchase in the last 4 months is from PPP funds. 🙄

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
I don't remember new homes slowing down much at all during last crash at least in the Norco, or eastvale area, as a matter of fact I bought a new one is was just a lot cheaper.

Turnup

Reaction score
They didn't slow down last go around. This time isn't about Covid, its about the shadow inventory of REO properties the banks have been holding for years waiting to let em loose...this time around will be compounded by the new ones that will go into default. The problem will be with the government being asked to let the old foreclose & evict and let the Covid hardships slide...attorneys will have a field day with that.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Been
Exactly. There have been people claiming financial armageddon in “18 months” for the last 5 years. Rates won’t be going any higher for awhile. Construction isn’t stopping. There are plenty of canaries in the coal mine for housing prices, and they aren’t going to drop 40% in a handful of months. In fact the foreclosure moratoriums are likely keeping people in their homes, lowering supply and are helping drive up prices.

Yes there are people hurting without work, but many many people making good money in the upper middle to upper class have not been affected much.

But yea the “bubble” is going to pop in 3 months, and every car, home, boat, RV and toy purchase in the last 4 months is from PPP funds.
Been actively watching the last 18 months.
I agree, the Ca. Retirement effect will stop any major free fall like 09’
It might level off but no way it’s dropping over 11 percent in the next year.

Ca. Govt, stupidity has helped Havasu tremendously in many leaving Ca for good.

My buddy I rent from paid $300k two years ago.
South side sub 1600’
Getting $4-5k a month in rentals summer months, $3800 a month Oct to April froM snow birds

He picked up a mobile on island and the rental pays for it and his deck boat on top of the rental house.
I laugh at people thinking the next down turn is going to be anywhere near 2010.
The retirees moving in now have way more $ to not let their purchase affect any downturn.

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
A couple who we know very well sold their San Diego house in two hours, to an out of state buyer. Never hit the market. They turned around a bought a house outside Denver, sight unseen. They had their daughter do a walkaround, and looked at some pictures.

Their San Diego house is a smallish 4/2, probably 1400 SF, 5000 lot, 25 minutes from the beach, it sold for $849. Denver house is like 4800 sf, three car garage, huge lot and cost $625,000.

All done without walk throughs, open houses, or much more than internet info. Times are changing.

Foreclosures are still few and far between. That infamous "Shadow Inventory" has trickled out and is not a thing anymore. Bulk purchasers made a killing on their investments. The foreclosure moratorium is likely to hold until the end of the year. Values are up so much, homes can sell and victims can pocket equity. Any courthouse steps auction deals will get snapped up.

guest hs

Reaction score
This will happen for sure if Biden gets in!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Been

Been actively watching the last 18 months.
I agree, the Ca. Retirement effect will stop any major free fall like 09’
It might level off but no way it’s dropping over 11 in the next year.

Ca. Govt, stupidity has helped Havasu tremendously in many leaving Ca for good.

My buddy I rent from paid $300k two years ago.
South side sub 1600’
Getting $4-5k a month in rentals summer months, $3800 a month Oct to April froM snow birds

He picked up a mobile on island and the rental pays for it and his deck boat on top of the rental house.
I laugh at people thinking the next down turn is going to be anywhere near 2010.
The retirees moving in now have way more $ to not let their purchase affect any downturn.

Lol I’m doing it wrong... but I like going to Havasu whenever we feel like it so I don’t rent our place in summer.

I’m assuming you meant $1800/month Oct-April for Snowbirds? Maybe more if it has a pool, etc?

But the summer rental income seems about right. The Havasu prices aren’t going to drop with so many people taking their CA money there.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A couple who we know very well sold their San Diego house in two hours, to an out of state buyer. Never hit the market. They turned around a bought a house outside Denver, sight unseen. They had their daughter do a walkaround, and looked at some pictures.

Their San Diego house is a smallish 4/2, probably 1400 SF, 5000 lot, 25 minutes from the beach, it sold for $849. Denver house is like 4800 sf, three car garage, huge lot and cost $625,000.

All done without walk throughs, open houses, or much more than internet info. Times are changing.

Foreclosures are still few and far between. That infamous "Shadow Inventory" has trickled out and is not a thing anymore. Bulk purchasers made a killing on their investments. The foreclosure moratorium is likely to hold until the end of the year. Values are up so much, homes can sell and victims can pocket equity. Any courthouse steps auction deals will get snapped up.

Yea.. people are really going to start wondering why realtors get 6% in a post covid world.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Lol I’m doing it wrong... but I like going to Havasu whenever we feel like it so I don’t rent our place in summer.

I’m assuming you meant $1800/month Oct-April for Snowbirds? Maybe more if it has a pool, etc?

But the summer rental income seems about right. The Havasu prices aren’t going to drop with so many people taking their CA money there.
It’s $3800
Seen the checks

nice pool and the couple loves the place
Crazy

All summer renters are Cops and FF’s so place doesn’t get trashed

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Thats why my buddy bought the mobile:
He’s close to water and never has to stay at the rental
Total win for him

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It’s $3800
Seen the checks

Crazy

Nice, good for him. If it’s a higher end place with a nice pool, could totally see that.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Prop 36 requires that eligible non-violent drug offenders serve their time in a drug treatment program instead of in jail or prison.

Not too bad of a place to be locked down in. ;)

just_floatin

Reaction score
It’s $3800
Seen the checks

Crazy

Damn. I am not charging my snowbirds enough. I need to rethink my four month rental rates. Pool, spa, workout room, internet, entertainment recreation room and a 45’ enclosed RV garage on the premises with an electric garage door.

PlanB

Reaction score
Damn. I am not charging my snowbirds enough. I need to rethink my four month rental rates. Pool, spa, workout room, internet, entertainment recreation room and a 45’ enclosed RV garage on the premises with an electric garage door.

We were undercharging our's, but they had been with us for along time. If I were to rent again (never going to happen), the rates would be much higher.

petie6464

Reaction score
Selling some single family props. LHC and 1031 into multi family. The slumb lord is rollin and I belive its the right choice going forward.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Just bought some more today hopefully you bought Mgm and mgp on my way to Fargo nd to look at properties

franky

Reaction score
There are about 150 single family residences on the market today in Havasu, used to be 400-500.

just_floatin

Reaction score
We were undercharging our's, but they had been with us for along time. If I were to rent again (never going to happen), the rates would be much higher.
Yep - 10 year tenants that treat the place like it is their own. I even store their winter goods. Mr lush the landlord. That’s me!

PlanB

Reaction score
Yep - 10 year tenants that treat the place like it is their own. I even store their winter goods. Mr lush the landlord. That’s me!

Same. Our's were 12 years and they kept stuff in our place year round.