WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu lock down?

welldigger00

Reaction score
I called the havasu springs resort. She said that they’re open, and taking reservations. Some people are cancelling, some are making new ones. She said the ramp is open, the restaurant is making food to go, and to please come and stay. She’s pissed that things are closing, and wants to stay in business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I hope not..

Me too, but it’s shaping up to head that way.

The way I see it, based on the conversations I’ve read over the last 2 weeks or so, You have a few different demographics coming together in a few days.

The people/ families who just want to run their boat and enjoy a day or 2 and not factor into the equation at all.

Then you have those who just see it as another weekend at Havasu, with little regard or awareness of any virus. They haven’t been affected in any way and are mostly just pissed because they can’t find any toilet paper anywhere.

But...then you have the justice league of America warriors...and judging from the things I’m hearing about on FB and whips, they are mounting an assault to prove that they have the right to do it. They have a point to prove and by God they’re gonna prove it.

We are seeing bleed-over onto RDP from this.
Lots of new or very rare posters magically showing up lately. Names I’ve never seen.

Now throw in the pop up shade beach sitters and we have the perfect shit storm...all during a pandemic...all in the channel starting Saturday...predicted to be the hottest day of the year so far.

No mooring...think that’ll happen?
I can easily imagine Steroid Stu, fueled by alcohol, challenging that!

Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s an uneventful 90* Saturday!

F1343E19-B203-4DA2-AB09-5560359B9CB2.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Me too, but it’s shaping up to head that way.

The way I see it, based on the conversations I’ve read over the last 2 weeks or so, You have a few different demographics coming together in a few days.

The people/ families who just want to run their boat and enjoy a day or 2 and not factor into the equation at all.

Then you have those who just see it as another weekend at Havasu, with little regard or awareness of any virus. They haven’t been affected in any way and are mostly just pissed because they can’t find any toilet paper anywhere.

But...then you have the justice league of America warriors...and judging from the things I’m hearing about on FB and whips, they are mounting an assault to prove that they have the right to do it. They have a point to prove and by God they’re gonna prove it.

We are seeing bleed-over onto RDP from this.
Lots of new or very rare posters magically showing up lately. Names I’ve never seen.

Now throw in the pop up shade beach sitters and we have the perfect shit storm...all during a pandemic...all in the channel starting Saturday...predicted to be the hottest day of the year so far.

No mooring...think that’ll happen?
I can easily imagine Steroid Stu, fueled by alcohol, challenging that!

Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s an uneventful 90* Saturday!

View attachment 861317

channel is closed?

Boat 405

Reaction score
It was waaay down yesterday, vessel assist was making bank.
Was on the water sunday. It was LOW..... Never seen it that low. Churned a little mud attempting to go up river, so f... it and went down to three dunes. Had a great day on the water.

PlanB

Reaction score

...and the people that run that POS page are cheerleading it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Was on the water sunday. It was LOW..... Never seen it that low. Churned a little mud attempting to go up river, so f... it and went down to three dunes. Had a great day on the water.

Yeah we hit coming out of the far south windsor ramp, we were well within the buoy line as well.

DWC

Reaction score
So if somebody launches at there own private ramp Tuesday you lose?
Didn’t know they had private ramps on the lake. If they pull the water down low enough it won’t really matter! We may have to find a new bet to pass the time @was thatguy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah we hit coming out of the far south windsor ramp, we were well within the buoy line as well.

Well that sucks.. my Hallett drafts a lot of water and I’m guessing it would be hard to even launch it right now

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Didn’t know they had private ramps on the lake. If they pull the water down low enough it won’t really matter! We may have to find a new bet to pass the time @was thatguy

They do up river.. The marina is technically private as well.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
They do up river.. The marina is technically private as well.
The Marina, Islander and Nautical is what i was banking the $5 on. Figured they’d close Windsor and anything else the government staffs.
Doesn’t really befront me either way. I’m not heading out anytime soon. I am looking forward to getting out there at some point this season. Boats dialed in and ready to go. River pad is ready for the house warming party that keeps getting bigger by the week.

Singleton

Reaction score
The Marina, Islander and Nautical is what i was banking the $5 on. Figured they’d close Windsor and anything else the government staffs.
Doesn’t really befront me either way. I’m not heading out anytime soon. I am looking forward to getting out there at some point this season. Boats dialed in and ready to go. River pad is ready for the house warming party that keeps getting bigger by the week.

Islander is going to follow what state parks due IMO.
Nautical Ramp is closed already - entire Nautical closed until May 1
Islander will follow Windsor

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Islander is going to follow what state parks due IMO.
Nautical Ramo is closed already - entire Nautical closed until May 1
Islander will follow Windsor
Damn, scrolled through Nautical’s IG posts but didn’t see they were closed. That’s gotta be painful for them.

Singleton

Reaction score
Damn, scrolled through Nautical’s IG posts but didn’t see they were closed. That’s gotta be painful for them.

The Nautical Beachfront Resort is closing from 3/23-4/17. Found on website when you try to book reservations

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I still got a shot at that beer!!

C-2

Reaction score

DWC Thorogood 👍 :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So is AZ allowing travel from CA?

yep..

My friends down in Parker day it looks like a holiday weekend down there.. and it’s Thursday.

I can’t imagine what it is going to be like this weekend

Singleton

Reaction score
yep..

My friends down in Parker day it looks like a holiday weekend down there.. and it’s Thursday.

I can’t imagine what it is going to be like this weekend

closed on Monday until May 1

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
if huge crowds are on Parker water this weekend like RD said, I am saying watch access to ramps closed off Monday

The camp grounds are full. Seems like every water front house has people in it. Thx Keys are packed. Everyone is here. Parker is busy as fuck. No wonder the stores can’t keep up.

Singleton

Reaction score
The camp grounds are full. Seems like every water front house has people in it. Thx Keys are packed. Everyone is here. Parker is busy as fuck. No wonder the stores can’t keep up.

i am trying to avoid small town hospitals more. Break anything and end up in a small town hospital with corona around and IMO you are increasing your risk and the risks of your boating home community

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

I just flew over from Laughlin along the river / lake over to Dam / Dam . It is pretty busy out there. Lots of activity. Will be pretty interesting to see what the weekend holds but I have a feeling it is going to be pretty crowded.

DWC

Reaction score
if huge crowds are on Parker water this weekend like RD said, I am saying watch access to ramps closed off Monday
Yeah, people are definitely pushing it across all areas of the river. Not sure what I’d do if my wife wasn’t hiding out in the Havasu place. It’s tempting for sure.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
just a heads up for anyone that plans to launch at the marina, earlier this week they started asking for exact change for launch fees.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Just went out to test some props, Windsor was weekday normal busy, lake was night and day more busy than yesterday. Lots of wake surfers fucking shit up and sea doo and toon rentals all over. Lake was messy for a weekday, really couldn’t take it past 106. Yesterday the lake was empty.

C-2

Reaction score
An immediate family member of mine tested positive yesterday in Havi. They are okay. Event started Sunday, they were knocked on their ass Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed, but getting better now. Isolating at home, remaining family members quarantined and one more test pending. Family member lives a healthy lifestyle, works out daily and no sickness ever, and thought no way would it ever get them...

The deal is, Havi is already critically (shockingly) low on its testing capability. That's all I will say about that...

And, as a 20-year resident of Havi, the family member said tell the CF'ers to STFH!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Double or nothing for another week? I read somewhere that everything fun will be banned by then.

Sure if you want to!
Might as well make it worth a few beers!

I hope to hell I lose, and this shit is reversing within 2-3 weeks.
I believe that, barring an extreme curve spike, the populace will say enough is enough by then.

DLC

Reaction score
Anyone know how many positive tests are in havasu?

Mojave county says 20

WildWilly

Reaction score
I think as of this morning its up to 12 with 1 death in Havasu. But its also been said, Havasu is dangerously low on PPE, and since they were burning alot of PPE to test people and throwing it away after, they've stopped testing to save all PPE for the hospitals out of neccessity. But there was still like 100 pending results last I heard so numbers could still go up

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Just confirmed from local md in our neighborhood 63 cases 1 fatality as of yesterday expecting double today

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Az neighborhood golf course area all sent home to recover with the flu like symptoms

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
It’s a small town pretty sure this shit would of passed thru quickly if the would of shut down the bars be safe you know they don’t have health ins and worried about the experience

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
It’s a small town pretty sure this shit would of passed thru quickly if the would of shut down the bars be safe you know they don’t have health ins and worried about the experience
Not as long as our small town is open for anybody to come in and visit.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
If COVID-19 hits Havasu/Parker hard that's going to be a real scary deal for the little town, small health care system and the people living there. Stay home everyone and be safe and healthy. Its serious.