WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu lock down?

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Updated Info.
Nautical Inn extended its closure to May 20.
@RiverDiva shared it on FB

Thanks for posting, even though I’m from Nor Cal and visit Havasu for the boat show, DS and our ten day trip in mid September I appreciate the updates.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
you haven’t even been “quarantined” yet. Open houses, hanging out at the store, going off roading, etc...

LOL.. Ok Billdo.

Going offloading and staying away from people isn't "dangerous".
Going boating and staying away from people isn't "dangerous".

We haven't had any "open houses". Stacy has gone and shown some houses, all of which she wipes everything down opens it up, and watches from afar with the instructions of "don't touch anything".

Granted we haven't been locked in the house or anything like a true "quarantine", but to say we've been overtly cautious and proactive about this thing is an understatement.

I just want to give you a big hug right now and I can't. :(

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m not making any judgements on your or your families actions, but none of us have been “quarantined”. We have been asked to distance socially and stay at home when possible.

If business are still closed May 20, you (we) are not really going to have a ton of control in the matter. You can’t go to a bar or go out to dinner if the restaurant is closed. If you want to throw a house party in a month I’m not sure how that will work out lol.

The virus isn’t goin away in a month. If you are that concerned about it now and taking all these precautions, what is going to make you stop taking said precautions in a month and just head out into the infected world for dinner and drinks?

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I told my wife about 3-4 days ago that people aren't going to put up with this much longer.

Yesterday I had to take stuff to the dump. (very different going to the dump in west TN than San Diego) Anyway, I have to drive through a town that is our county seat. There was a bunch of traffic. Walmart parking lot was full. A bunch of businesses had a lot of cars in their parking lots. There is a restaurant there the has not closed at all and won't.

I talk to the wife and tell her how busy it is. She said well that may be but the city we usually go to is locked down. This town has double the population. Well I decided to go to that city to get the truck washed. I pay a set amount per month for unlimited washes. Drive through that city and the same thing. Busy as hell. That walmart is packed. Line for McDonald drive through wrapped around the building. Lowes packed.

West Tennessee is starting to say fuck you to the gov.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Been looking as a place to possibly move to..
Do u know how is out of Springfield area? Say milan...
Lots of houses with there own lakes and no close neighbors..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m not making any judgements on your or your families actions, but none of us have been “quarantined”. We have been asked to distance socially and stay at home when possible.

If business are still closed May 20, you (we) are not really going to have a ton of control in the matter. You can’t go to a bar or go out to dinner if the restaurant is closed. If you want to throw a house party in a month I’m not sure how that will work out lol.

The virus isn’t goin away in a month. If you are that concerned about it now and taking all these precautions, what is going to make you stop taking said precautions in a month and just head out into the infected world for dinner and drinks?

In a single word sanity..

I’m not sure if you are talking to me or to someone else.. but in a month from now if this is still going on I’ll probably just drink a bottle
Of hand sanitizer.. lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
In a single word sanity..

I’m not sure if you are talking to me or to someone else.. but in a month from now if this is still going on I’ll probably just drink a bottle
Of hand sanitizer.. lol.

Is it the kids being home? Not being able to go out and grab a meal? All of the above?

It is different for sure, but I'm not going crazy. Feels kinda like "down days" during Summer vacation.

I'm back in CA for a few days, and in Havasu I felt 10X more freedom than I do here at home LOL. It is a lot easier to connect with others in Havasu.

In the 10 days I was there I just went to Home Depot once and Smiths once. We didn't do any take out. We did a a couple socially distanced boat and off road rides though. Also many more just as a family. It really helped.

PlanB

Reaction score
I told my wife about 3-4 days ago that people aren't going to put up with this much longer.

Yesterday I had to take stuff to the dump. (very different going to the dump in west TN than San Diego) Anyway, I have to drive through a town that is our county seat. There was a bunch of traffic. Walmart parking lot was full. A bunch of businesses had a lot of cars in their parking lots. There is a restaurant there the has not closed at all and won't.

I talk to the wife and tell her how busy it is. She said well that may be but the city we usually go to is locked down. This town has double the population. Well I decided to go to that city to get the truck washed. I pay a set amount per month for unlimited washes. Drive through that city and the same thing. Busy as hell. That walmart is packed. Line for McDonald drive through wrapped around the building. Lowes packed.

West Tennessee is starting to say fuck you to the gov.

People in San Diego are starting to go out more. A few weeks ago I could drive through town and there was almost zero traffic. I went out a few days ago and there was traffic. Not like normal, but much more than there was. The Starbucks I drove by had 13 cars in the drive through line. I have friends that are taking their Harley's out for rides.

I think people are getting to the point of saying fuck this! At least here in San Diego where we have been locked down for a while.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is it the kids being home? Not being able to go out and grab a meal? All of the above?

It is different for sure, but I'm not going crazy. Feels kinda like "down days" during Summer vacation.

I'm back in CA for a few days, and in Havasu I felt 10X more freedom than I do here at home LOL. It is a lot easier to connect with others in Havasu.

In the 10 days I was there I just went to Home Depot once and Smiths once. We didn't do any take out. We did a a couple socially distanced boat and off road rides though. Also many more just as a family. It really helped.

All of the above.. lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
People in San Diego are starting to go out more. A few weeks ago I could drive through town and there was almost zero traffic. I went out a few days ago and there was traffic. Not like normal, but much more than there was. The Starbucks I drove by had 13 cars in the drive through line. I have friends that are taking their Harley's out for rides.

I think people are getting to the point of saying fuck this! At least here in San Diego where we have been locked down for a while.

That's what happens when you tell people they are gonna die in 2 weeks for 6 weeks straight.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Exactly did anyone else notice how Gavin’s chart showed hospitalizations not deaths during his press conference ? They continuing to bait this along in another two weeks he’ll tell us things aren’t there yet but we’ll re evaluate in 2-3 weeks. This is what they been doing this whole time.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The tipping point is coming (sooner than later) where the risk of flu is less a concern than financial and social (or actual) suicide.

Most of the things that can kill us are avoidable if we hide in our homes.
Come May 1st if the numbers are steady I am done hiding.
I will add this flu to the list of life’s risks and will patronize any local business that chooses to reopen...If any are fucking left by then.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I'm still working (construction) we just started a project in Costa Mesa but haven't had to have any inspections yet which may be a sticking point when that comes around. I was at a job site this morning (high desert) and was thinking that the people around here aren't going to put with this much longer and I'm glad we have the sheriff that we do (SBC).

Reactions: DWC

Advantage 1

Reaction score
We are ready to get back out, but what sucks is the bars and restaurants will still be closed. We can roll to Parker, but what will be open? Places to stay? Places to eat, drink?

The weather will be getting nicer... should make for a good time :rolleyes: Turn around trip from So Cal to Parker would make for a long day.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I wrote this a few days ago in response to someone on FB.

I am beginning to think the cure is going to be worse than the disease. Imagine all of the small mom and pop businesses that are going to fail. People will lose everything. Will the suicide rates go way up? I don’t know. Average is 47000 suicides a year.