WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Marina reservations

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just reserved(pending confirmation) a slip for memorial weekend as there might be a bunch of little kids that weekend on the boat. Thursday to Sunday. I might be the only boat driver for Friday unless my dad is able to come earlier than Friday night. Didn't want to deal with launch and retrieval on a holiday weekend with 3 little ones bouncing around. Read some stories before about slipping the boat, any recommendations? Never slipped the boat Thanks!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just reserved(pending confirmation) a slip for memorial weekend as there might be a bunch of little kids that weekend on the boat. Thursday to Sunday. I might be the only boat driver for Friday unless my dad is able to come earlier than Friday night. Didn't want to deal with launch and retrieval on a holiday weekend with 3 little ones bouncing around. Read some stories before about slipping the boat, any recommendations? Never slipped the boat Thanks!
I've never had a problem there, we slip every year for Desert Storm. Kind of a long haul from the parking lot(s) to your slip, one of those folding wagons or carts would be super helpful. Other than taking everything to and from the boat, its a sweet setup.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Is backing in the slip recommended? I think I read last year that boats got beat up during a monsoon on the docks, but wasn’t sure if that’s just a chance you take or not properly preparing the boat over night.

Dont keep food on the boat while its slipped. The birds and ants will get it!

Thanks for that tip. The boat has two built in coolers so that would have been tempting to leave everything in the boat and just refill with ice the next morning.

I've never had a problem there, we slip every year for Desert Storm. Kind of a long haul from the parking lot(s) to your slip, one of those folding wagons or carts would be super helpful. Other than taking everything to and from the boat, its a sweet setup.

Is there a drop off area to the docks where you can load up the cart and take it to your boats real quick before you park?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Is backing in the slip recommended? I think I read last year that boats got beat up during a monsoon on the docks, but wasn’t sure if that’s just a chance you take or not properly preparing the boat over night.

Thanks for that tip. The boat has two built in coolers so that would have been tempting to leave everything in the boat and just refill with ice the next morning.

Is there a drop off area to the docks where you can load up the cart and take it to your boats real quick before you park?
You can pull straight in. The marina docks are pretty protected from the wind. Yes there is a drop off area. Depends on what slip you get for how long a walk it is.

RodnJen

Reaction score
We’ve used the marina for 15 years, it’s been great for us. You need to plan ahead for parking, loading etc. Been through many storms there, never an issue.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
We’ve used the marina for 15 years, it’s been great for us. You need to plan ahead for parking, loading etc. Been through many storms there, never an issue.

It is very protected from thompsons bay.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Thanks! I guess I never realized just how big the marina is. Only had to stop by the convenience store once or twice. Do you guys leave the trailer there or park it back at the house/hotel? Hopefully tomorrow the slip will be confirmed.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
They take reservations now? Straight in works fine, just tie it off correctly. Only issue I ever had was a shit ton of rain soaked my boat pretty bad. It's the only time in my life I wish I had pulled out.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just read on yelp that they require the registered owner to be present on check in. Didn’t read that anywhere on their website. Can understand why for liability, but that’s going to be a problem in my situation. I was hoping I could slip the boat off early morning as I read the launch was 24 hours. I’ll find out Thursday when I call in. Sure wish they had their policies on their website before you made a reservation.

They take reservations now? Straight in works fine, just tie it off correctly. Only issue I ever had was a shit ton of rain soaked my boat pretty bad. It's the only time in my life I wish I had pulled out.

Yep, I went online to their website and reserved it. They take it up to 90 days advanced.

fmo24

Reaction score
Just read on yelp that they require the registered owner to be present on check in. Didn’t read that anywhere on their website. Can understand why for liability, but that’s going to be a problem in my situation. I was hoping I could slip the boat off early morning as I read the launch was 24 hours. I’ll find out Thursday when I call in. Sure wish they had their policies on their website before you made a reservation.

Yep, I went online to their website and reserved it. They take it up to 90 days advanced.
And don’t forget proof of insurance

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I get a slip every time we go now. Pulling the boat everyday is a hassle. So much easier. No dealing with crowds too. Usually pull on Sunday. No crowd. I bring an old beat up radio flyer to carry stuff. I leave it at the slip and have never had a problem with anybody messing with it.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You can leave your trailer for an extra $5/day. You dont need your proof of insurance.
Store opens at 8am and you have to check in to get your slip assignment and tag.
I always back in.
Buy a collapsible dolly to tote your stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
they only check registration one time after that you just drive in and enjoy perfect location

Socalx09

Reaction score
Got it confirmed! Was sent the rules with the email. Didn’t realize launching was a separate fee from the boat slip. I can understand the trailer storage fee. I’m going to call when I have time today to see what’s the deal with that.

A47D705F-0811-4D26-8AB4-C0C35D9B03EE.png

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Got it confirmed! Was sent the rules with the email. Didn’t realize launching was a separate fee from the boat slip. I can understand the trailer storage fee. I’m going to call when I have time today to see what’s the deal with that.

View attachment 733789

They will charge for launch no matter what, separate from the slip fee. They wont budge on the rules either - owner of boat must be present at check-in, have a copy of the boats registration (in the owners name!) and a copy of the current proof of insurance (also in the owners name). They are sticklers

Socalx09

Reaction score
They will charge for launch no matter what, separate from the slip fee. They wont budge on the rules either - owner of boat must be present at check-in, have a copy of the boats registration (in the owners name!) and a copy of the current proof of insurance (also in the owners name). They are sticklers

Thank you! Don’t really have a problem paying extra for something that is going to make life a lot easier. I just wish they had the rules or policies on their website for people who are unaware and not just send them when the reservation is confirmed.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Good to know. It always sucked trying to make plans on possibly being able to get a slip. I've always had storage in town, so it wasn't the end of the world if i couldn't get one.

sirbob

Reaction score

View attachment 733789

I always pay the 5 and leave the trailer.

If you do that be sure to park along the property (area in red circle you can trailers back in along the fence) line to the right as you pull out of the water and head up to the parking lot. They will move your trailer if you leave it in the day use parking. They like the trailers parked along the property line next to the hotel next door if they are staying over night.

Most of the time I end up in the green circle - as I said earlier if you are towards the back of the harbor, I would park in the blue circle for a shorter walk.

IMG_0047.jpg

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Good to know. It always sucked trying to make plans on possibly being able to get a slip. I've always had storage in town, so it wasn't the end of the world if i couldn't get one.

They started using Dockwella (or something like that) which is a national marina reservation system about a year ago - its much nicer to make a res now and have comfort knowing you don't need to show up on Tuesday to get a slip!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
They started using Dockwella (or something like that) which is a national marina reservation system about a year ago - its much nicer to make a res now and have comfort knowing you don't need to show up on Tuesday to get a slip!
Yeah, that was always a crock.

Socalx09

Reaction score
I always pay the 5 and leave the trailer.

If you do that be sure to park along the property (area in red circle you can trailers backed in along the fence) line to the right as you pull out of the water and head up to the parking lot. They will move your trailer if you leave it in the day use parking. They like the trailers parked along the property line next to the hotel next door if they are staying over night.

Most of the time I end upon the green circle - as I said earlier if you are towards the back of the harbor, I would park int blue circle for a shorter walk.

View attachment 733809
Thanks for the map! That is helpful. Can’t believe I know nothing about the marina even though I have been going to Havasu all my life. I’m going to get spoiled and always want a slip now! Going to bring the cart to leave at the dock

Not sure if I’m going to launch early Friday out of Windsor(annual pass) and go to the channel to wait for the rest of the the group to wake up. Can’t check into the slip until 1. The group won’t show up until 11! My cousin could just drive the trailer back to the house after launch or I’ll just pay the launch fee for Friday and leave it there. Definitely going to pay to retrieve the boat Sunday night from the marina.

I let my dad know about the boat owner registration. If he really can’t take that Friday off, he is going to go to AAA and add my name to the title/registration. I’m already on the insurance.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Wait a minute...I reserved for Desert Storm and guess I didn't read. Along with the $90 I paid for two days, I also have to pay the $20 to launch? How lame!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Wait a minute...I reserved for Desert Storm and guess I didn't read. Along with the $90 I paid for two days, I also have to pay the $20 to launch? How lame!

Yep. That was a surprise to me. But, I’m not famialir at all with boat slips so it could just be the norm. The brochure just said the rates and listed the amenties which included the launch ramp. I assumed it was included until the confirmation came. And, if I’m not mistaken, $20 to retrieve the boat. Could be wrong, but when I called they said every time you use the launch.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yep. That was a surprise to me. But, I’m not famialir at all with boat slips so it could just be the norm. The brochure just said the rates and listed the amenties which included the launch ramp. I assumed it was included until the confirmation came. And, if I’m not mistaken, $20 to retrieve the boat. Could be wrong, but when I called they said every time you use the launch.
The rules for the slips have been the same for years. Before they went online you had to get there about 5 in the morning on a Friday and wait until the guy at the guard shack would start giving out numbers at 6am. Then you had to come back at 8am to get your slip. The launch is $10- $20 and you need the card they give you to retrieve at no cost.

Singleton

Reaction score
The rules for the slips have been the same for years. Before they went online you had to get there about 5 in the morning on a Friday and wait until the guy at the guard shack would start giving out numbers at 6am. Then you had to come back at 8am to get your slip. The launch is $10- $20 and you need the card they give you to retrieve at no cost.

The good old days :)

Socalx09

Reaction score
I don’t really have an issue with the rules and policies. I’m sure this system is so much easier than what you stated above with the prior process of showing up. That sounds like a huge waste of time and a lot of coordination. I just have never used the slips so I was unfamiliar with all of this. I only am stating that it would be nice to have the rules and what’s included on the website under FAQs or just when you are making the confirmation. Not when they send the confirmation after you paid. I’m perfectly ok with paying for convenience, just wish it as more upfront with it.
I’m very much looking forward to using the slips!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I don’t really have an issue with the rules and policies. I’m sure this system is so much easier than what you stated above with the prior process of showing up. That sounds like a huge waste of time and a lot of coordination. I just have never used the slips so I was unfamiliar with all of this. I only am stating that it would be nice to have the rules and what’s included on the website under FAQs or just when you are making the confirmation. Not when they send the confirmation after you paid. I’m perfectly ok with paying for convenience, just wish it as more upfront with it.
I’m very much looking forward to using the slips!
Yes I agree. It was difficult to know all the rules when you had to deal with the office. lol :) Having a slip changes a lot of things when you don't have to get up early to launch and worry about retrieving. If the winds pick up just get to your slip and wait it out or leave. If you have a boat cover you may want to put it in the truck if a storm does kick up.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Yes I agree. It was difficult to know all the rules when you had to deal with the office. lol :) Having a slip changes a lot of things when you don't have to get up early to launch and worry about retrieving. If the winds pick up just get to your slip and wait it out or leave. If you have a boat cover you may want to put it in the truck if a storm does kick up.
Yep, last year we were up at 4 am every day to eat breakfast and heading out to get a decent spot! Those were long days!

Thanks for tip about the boat cover! And, also about retrieving the boat. I was going in expecting to pay $40! :)

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We used to slip a lot. Now we are so close to Windsor, it doesn't make sense.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yep, last year we were up at 4 am every day to eat breakfast and heading out to get a decent spot! Those were long days!

Thanks for tip about the boat cover! And, also about retrieving the boat. I was going in expecting to pay $40! :)
4am?!?! Man... You guys are sure making Havasu sound like a shit ton of work. Doesn't sound like much of a vacation really.

Here at Naci we're rarely on the water before noon. It's nice to just get up and go at your own pace and relax. Not have to rush to beat the crowds.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
4am?!?! Man... You guys are sure making Havasu sound like a shit ton of work. Doesn't sound like much of a vacation really.

Here at Naci we're rarely on the water before noon. It's nice to just get up and go at your own pace and relax. Not have to rush to beat the crowds.

4am was for Memorial Weekend. You don't have to get up that early on a normal weekend. I usually launch at 9am and go down to the Springs for breakfast.

Socalx09

Reaction score

Haha it’s a vacation when it’s not a holiday weekend. Most other days we are on the water by 10 and take our time. But, the holiday weekend is when some family members are able to come. The most frustrating part is I’m heading straight to the channel to park it for hours until they all get up and drive over to board the boat. The channel is really the best access point to board people who weren’t ready at launch times. It helps avoid the crowds at launch and dealing with family members who don’t know what to do besides somehow make things harder because they don’t know how to just wait at the dock haha.

Now with the slip, we can get up later and hopefully find a good cove or beach somewhere at a decent hour.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
You better post a thread about this excursion. Looking forward to seeing the new interior also. :cool::D

Good luck!

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
After reading this thread I still think just launch retrieve at Windsor is easier. :D

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
After reading this thread I still think just launch retrieve at Windsor is easier. :D
Same here. Being so close to Windsor now, it is tough to pass up. If it's a busy day, I will just use the new ramp, as it is always a ghost town over there.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
No way! Launching and retrieving every day is a PITA. This thread is making it seem way harder than it is. You should have your registration and insurance anyways......as long as you have that - you just show up, check in at the marina store, dump the boat in the water, and you have a slip. Come and go as you please. IMHO it's the only way to fly. The only thing better....is just using my dock lol

Socalx09

Reaction score
Same here. Being so close to Windsor now, it is tough to pass up. If it's a busy day, I will just use the new ramp, as it is always a ghost town over there.

It probably seems harder since I’m not the legal boat owner so there are some rules I have to deal with on the first day and I have never slipped a boat overnight. And as confident as I am with the boat, there is slight anxiety as I am responsible for my family’s good time and safety for the first day.

The river house is 5 mins from Windsor-we are in and out of the Windsor in less than 10 mins. No stress, any of us can back in the trailer or put the boat on the trailer without issues.

Getting up at 4am every day got old last Memorial Day. Launching was easy because it wasn’t busy that early. But, retrieving sucked. Especially when you are with people who don’t boat often and the kids are done. Now we just have to go to the slip and walk to the car. I’m sure it will be a lot easier than this is making it all sound.