WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Marine Specialties Review

desrtrat256

Reaction score
After spending some time reading on RDP, I liked what I read about these guys. I am also a huge fan of supporting small local business when possible but I know that is a challenge in this town as a lot of small business are not what they say they are. I pulled my 1993 236 Eliminator Eagle out that has a small block and a alpha 1 in it to prep it for the season. I figured I would drop it off and have them go through it to make sure it was sound. Shane gave me a quote and we set a date to drop it off. I effed up and missed the date but still got it down there. They did there best and weaseled it in. Shane is not a salesman, he is actually far from it, I freakin loved that about him! He was blunt and straight to the point. As he started going through the boat he made a list of things wrong, one phone call later he was approved for the work and I knew the extra cost involved. I just picked up the boat, he took the time to show me all the junk parts he replaced and walked me through the bill which was spot on to the quotes.

The boat will be for sale shortly as I am moving back to CA and going back to lower river jet boat stuff but I will happily drag any boat back to Havasu to have Havasu Marine Specialties work on my junk if needed.

Thank you for the great work! I look forward to 1-2 more lake days in her before she goes to a new home.

Attachments

• 1BC6278D-2F3A-42F9-A5A0-6855DD409369.jpeg
    1BC6278D-2F3A-42F9-A5A0-6855DD409369.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 342

checkrd past

Reaction score
Great to hear a happy boater with a good relationship with his mechanic.I know I wouldn't trade mine for world.

cole_skier

Reaction score
Shane is the man. Never a question about what he thinks needs to be done.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
After spending some time reading on RDP, I liked what I read about these guys. I am also a huge fan of supporting small local business when possible but I know that is a challenge in this town as a lot of small business are not what they say they are. I pulled my 1993 236 Eliminator Eagle out that has a small block and a alpha 1 in it to prep it for the season. I figured I would drop it off and have them go through it to make sure it was sound. Shane gave me a quote and we set a date to drop it off. I effed up and missed the date but still got it down there. They did there best and weaseled it in. Shane is not a salesman, he is actually far from it, I freakin loved that about him! He was blunt and straight to the point. As he started going through the boat he made a list of things wrong, one phone call later he was approved for the work and I knew the extra cost involved. I just picked up the boat, he took the time to show me all the junk parts he replaced and walked me through the bill which was spot on to the quotes.

The boat will be for sale shortly as I am moving back to CA and going back to lower river jet boat stuff but I will happily drag any boat back to Havasu to have Havasu Marine Specialties work on my junk if needed.

Thank you for the great work! I look forward to 1-2 more lake days in her before she goes to a new home.
Shane has taken great care of our Hallett. Great customer service as well.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I had a good experience with Shane as well. A mistake was made on the repair, and he promptly fixed it.

desrtrat256

Reaction score
I had a good experience with Shane as well. A mistake was made on the repair, and he promptly fixed it.

What people don't want realize is mistakes happen for everyone, all the time, no matter who you are. We shoot for perfection but lets be honest, rarely achieve it. Its how the situation is handled that makes all the difference in the world.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
What people don't want realize is mistakes happen for everyone, all the time, no matter who you are. We shoot for perfection but lets be honest, rarely achieve it. Its how the situation is handled that makes all the difference in the world.

and kudos to clients who understand this and give people a chance to make it right. Seems like so many people fly off the handle at the first sign of a problem these days.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Shane was great helping fix my dads boat. It had some questionable issues at a different shop, and I called Shane and had it dropped off at his shop. He figured out what was wrong with it and got it back working right. Very glad I made the decision to send the boat to him. And, now will always have the boat worked on by Shane.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Gotta bump this one to the top. Shane got me in for service a month ahead of anyone else, and did it for a super reasonable rate. Accommodated a couple of requests I thought of after I dropped the boat off without issue. Had my old parts in hand for me too look at when I arrived. 5 stars, will be my go-to from now on. Thanks again!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Touched base with Shane over a year ago to get my bote serviced. Life got in the way, and even though the market is through the roof his price did not change. Boat was done in a day and runs perfectly. And didn’t do anything I didn’t need. Thought my fuel would need to be drained, he tested and said it was good to go. Burned it all out today. And was able to get a readout of engine codes and hours. Great shop. I was expecting a bill double of what I received.

LC925

Reaction score
Just to revive this shout out:

Thanks to Shane @namba860 once again for the great service. Have been on a wait list with Shockwave for some time as I know shops are busy. The Damn Dam run put me at the 25 hour mark I usually service at and didn’t want to run over for this holiday weekend. Gave him a call last week and ask how he looked. I usually come into town Thursday evening but he said if I make it in Thursday early morning, he could squeeze me in. I arrived at 10:00 A.M. for drop off and he was all done by 2:30 P.M.

Greatly appreciated as usual Shane! 👌

yz450mm

Reaction score
I love this thread, makes me feel good about picking up a very purple Advantage 21 from him in a few days (that I've never seen in person).

He has already gone above and beyond, so I look forward to giving him a nice tip on Thursday when I pick up the boat.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I love this thread, makes me feel good about picking up a very purple Advantage 21 from him in a few days (that I've never seen in person).

He has already gone above and beyond, so I look forward to giving him a nice tip on Thursday when I pick up the boat.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Don't give him the tip, give him the whole thing!

GN107

Reaction score
Shane can work on pretty much any type of boat and always takes care of his customers

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
What happened to Shane? I was gonna give him a call to setup some service. Looks like he is no longer active on here.

wzuber

Reaction score
What happened to Shane? I was gonna give him a call to setup some service. Looks like he is no longer active on here.
I spoke to him yesterday. He's very busy in his shop and has little time left to come on here. Give him a call and I'm sure he will do everything he can to accomodate you. That's his style and bus. Model. All the above comments are real....he's a solid dude with a deep history and knowledge in the industry.