WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu mini split install

guest hs

Reaction score
Anyone know who I could get to install one in my shop if I supplied the unit? Thinking about a 30000 btu 20 seer unit found them for around 2K

stoker22405

Reaction score
Anyone know who I could get to install one in my shop if I supplied the unit? Thinking about a 30000 btu 20 seer unit found them for around 2K

Call Eric from ER refrigeration...They were a CA company for the last 30 plus years... Recently moved to Havasu full time and started business here...

909 518 3444

jailbird141

Reaction score
Also looking for an AC installer for a new build in Havasu. Residential. Two systems, one for the garage one for the house.

WildWilly

Reaction score
The Weatherman has done a few mini's and a full house system for me as well as multiple other friends. Good prices, quick turn arounds, no issues.

joecfd1

Reaction score
What brand unit are you using?

guest hs

Reaction score
Haven’t bought one yet was thinking LG

Boat 405

Reaction score
I just installed two mini in my garage. Super easy installs. Did both of them in a day and a garage door opener. Had to make best use of time with the lift I rented. Lol. The garage was setup for the install. Conduit to outside and a drain lines as already run. Plus the wiring for 220 to the panel. The largest chore was feeding the line sets down the 4” conduit in the wall then cutting to length and flaring the ends. The rest was easy. A vacuum pump to evacuate the lines is necessary. I got one from amazon for $150 with the gauges and hoses.

Attachments

• 6C73D1F5-7FC2-450A-9520-95CE0601F0D9.jpeg
    6C73D1F5-7FC2-450A-9520-95CE0601F0D9.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 325B58D7-E841-41EE-B9E9-07A4C931821B.jpeg
    325B58D7-E841-41EE-B9E9-07A4C931821B.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 134
  • AC742247-BA6F-4DDB-BF6D-C66CEA343DF2.jpeg
    AC742247-BA6F-4DDB-BF6D-C66CEA343DF2.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I just installed two mini in my garage. Super easy installs. Did both of them in a day and a garage door opener. Had to make best use of time with the lift I rented. Lol. The garage was setup for the install. Conduit to outside and a drain lines as already run. Plus the wiring for 220 to the panel. The largest chore was feeding the line sets down the 4” conduit in the wall then cutting to length and flaring the ends. The rest was easy. A vacuum pump to evacuate the lines is necessary. I got one from amazon for $150 with the gauges and hoses.
Did you use any oil on the backside of the flare, between the copper flare and the nut? If not there is a HIGH probability that you'll end up with what we call a "microleak" where it will leak VERY slowly until it won't rundue to being low on charge and then you'll have to call someone. Just a FYI for yourself and anyone else thinking about installing one themselves.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Did you use any oil on the backside of the flare, between the copper flare and the nut? If not there is a HIGH probability that you'll end up with what we call a "microleak" where it will leak VERY slowly until it won't rundue to being low on charge and then you'll have to call someone. Just a FYI for yourself and anyone else thinking about installing one themselves.

I used some stuff called "Nylog Blue". Came recommended from an old A/C friend. Any one in Havasu installing there own, I've got plenty, just PM me. Say's it's compatible with all refrigerants and will not contaminate the system.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I used some stuff called "Nylog Blue". Came recommended from an old A/C friend. Any one in Havasu installing there own, I've got plenty, just PM me. Say's it's compatible with all refrigerants and will not contaminate the system.
That's actually a thread sealer designed for refrigerant use. Not sure how much lubricity it has in it but I'm sure it'll be just fine.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I need a couple as well for my garage, will start calling around

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Haven’t bought one yet was thinking LG

If you are wanting to control the unit remotely with your phone you are going to run into issues with LG. I had a 2 1/2 ton mini split installed in my garage almost a year ago and connected it myself using the LG ThinQ app and all was good. A friend had two units installed in his garage the next day so I tried to get his connected to through the app and had some WiFi connectivity issues in his garage due to signal strength which was fixed with a booster. We tried to start the process over with the improved signal but could not get units to connect. I went home and deleted my unit from the app to troubleshoot his issue and now mine will not reconnect damn it! Problem is you can only connect each unit once to a network, if you need to change your WiFi router, power down your LG unit, or any other changes causing it do disconnect it will never connect again. This is a known issue within the NIC (network interface card) portion of the LG units that contains the MAC address, only one connect and its locked. LG has no support for this and no fix is planned as far as I can read on their support library. Pathetic design, have never seen a piece of network hardware without a reset or backdoor, lots of pissed off people on the LG site.
Company here in Havasu that did our sale/installs got the local (AZ) LG rep to get us Honeywell wireless thermostats which are easy to install and connect right up with Honeywell app.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Dakin or LG seem to last

Another vote for Carey AC

Reactions: ssc

Boat 405

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got all the tools to handle this. Oil on the flare seat is a good trick. It helps lube when seating the flare for the first time.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If you are wanting to control the unit remotely with your phone you are going to run into issues with LG. I had a 2 1/2 ton mini split installed in my garage almost a year ago and connected it myself using the LG ThinQ app and all was good. A friend had two units installed in his garage the next day so I tried to get his connected to through the app and had some WiFi connectivity issues in his garage due to signal strength which was fixed with a booster. We tried to start the process over with the improved signal but could not get units to connect. I went home and deleted my unit from the app to troubleshoot his issue and now mine will not reconnect damn it! Problem is you can only connect each unit once to a network, if you need to change your WiFi router, power down your LG unit, or any other changes causing it do disconnect it will never connect again. This is a known issue within the NIC (network interface card) portion of the LG units that contains the MAC address, only one connect and its locked. LG has no support for this and no fix is planned as far as I can read on their support library. Pathetic design, have never seen a piece of network hardware without a reset or backdoor, lots of pissed off people on the LG site.
Company here in Havasu that did our sale/installs got the local (AZ) LG rep to get us Honeywell wireless thermostats which are easy to install and connect right up with Honeywell app.
The fix that the company got you, going ti the Honeywell t'stats is what I would have suggested. The Honeywell system is great. Super easy to use and very easy to expand and customize.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I honestly could give two shits about about WiFi and remote I’m old skool I just want my shop cool
Same here Shane, but most come with a remote now. WiFi, what the frick is that?????????????

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
The fix that the company got you, going ti the Honeywell t'stats is what I would have suggested. The Honeywell system is great. Super easy to use and very easy to expand and customize.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah, couldn't be much easier to connect them once we got them. Jake @ Below Zero did the AC installs. With the Honeywell t-stat you can geofence, if I get to Needles or Parker its usually because I am heading back to CA and it will change temp setting up to where ever I want it and turn it back down on my way back when I get close.