WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu New Internet Service?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Havasu News reports an internet service provider known as Allo Communications is planning on bringing 10G fiber to LHC. Does anybody know anything about them. They claim there was a nation wide survey of 63 communities for their satisfaction level of affordable high speed Internet. Reports indicated LHC scored the lowest of all 63. Therefore, Allo Communications was coming to LHC first. Is this true? Havasu News is known to not always be correct. . . .

DMF

Reaction score
I would definitely try them if it is true. We have SuddenLink and the internet looses signal all day long. Very annoying when trying to work from home!

dspracing

Reaction score
Havasu News reports an internet service provider known as Allo Communications is planning on bringing 10G fiber to LHC. Does anybody know anything about them. They claim there was a nation wide survey of 63 communities for their satisfaction level of affordable high speed Internet. Reports indicated LHC scored the lowest of all 63. Therefore, Allo Communications was coming to LHC first. Is this true? Havasu News is known to not always be correct. . . .
Yes it is true. Applied for a job with them in LHC last week. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will be interested to see what the construction timeline will be.

Joker

Reaction score
Mohave Electric is now offering fiber in Bullhead and surrounding areas. Ditching Suddenlink as soon as we can.

Groper

Reaction score
I would definitely try them if it is true. We have SuddenLink and the internet looses signal all day long. Very annoying when trying to work from home!
Ohh I thought I was the only one :rolleyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

We lose internet anytime it gets windy.. weird.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Mohave Electric is now offering fiber in Bullhead and surrounding areas. Ditching Suddenlink as soon as we can.
do you know if anyone has got it yet??? waiting in mohave valley

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Ours used to go out all the time. Cable guys kept saying it was a bad line from the utility box to the and that they would need to get in touch with the neighbor where the box was. I never felt real comfortable with their diagnosis so I bought a cable tracer and went to work.
found loose connections coming into the house then traced every wall connection. Opened up where the cable distribution box was and found several cables from different sources grounded together.
Since I cleaned up all the wiring mess we have been trouble free.

Singleton

Reaction score
I have WireFree @ the Islander. Need another option.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We lose internet anytime it gets windy.. weird.

Same with us at our house on Jamaica S. It sucks because for some reason even with full bars/LTE signal our phones will not work at the house. Walk to the road and it may work or in one corner of the yard....so we depend on the wifi signal for phone calls/texts etc.

Fiber is great...BUT they butcher the shit out of the roads to do it...

I've been meaning to look into starlink for out there.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Suddenloss goes down multiple times a day, and the prices keep going up. I signed up for Starlink four or five months ago and have not heard back from them. I am considering trying T-Mobile home 5G internet service since it is available in north Havasu for $60 mo all in. The 10G fiber option sounds interesting if it comes here.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Allo is the new company. They are advertising a bit early. They have to build the infrastructure first. It will be FTTH.

Brobee

Reaction score
Fiber is great...BUT they butcher the shit out of the roads to do it...

The majority of Havasu has overhead utilities, the infrastructure is already in place to string a fiber bundle pole to pole. In the areas that are underground then yes they will have to tear up the road. I would expect they would set up the overhead first before investing in trenching new conduits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
The majority of Havasu has overhead utilities, the infrastructure is already in place to string a fiber bundle pole to pole. In the areas that are underground then yes they will have to tear up the road. I would expect they would set up the overhead first before investing in trenching new conduits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The did overhead in hawaii...it was interesting to see it done... In Texas they cut lines dropped the fiber in, and tarred it closed. It looks like shit all over San Antonio. Didn't matter whether the neighborhoods were overhead or not. A lot of Havasu built after 1990 is underground...including our house. Time will tell what they do, but the competition is desperately needed.