WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu NOT closed

hallett3

Reaction score
wow . Crazy never ever have seen it like that.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Everyone has been at home because of CV19. Weather has been unseasonably cold last couple months. Most lakes are closed.

Havasu is one of few that are open. Weather is supposed to be 100's this week. Talk about a perfect storm. #nodesertstorm

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Everyone has been at home because of CV19. Weather has been unseasonably cold last couple months. Most lakes are closed.

Havasu is one of few that are open. Weather is supposed to be 100's this week. Talk about a perfect storm. #nodesertstorm

For sure..

CobraDave

Reaction score
Yup I would be turning around and making night boating plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Wonder how many will set in line for hours only to get there and see the Closed Parking lot Full sign

DWC

Reaction score
I see lots of social distancing...and a line I would never wait in. Lol

I’d be at the house in the pool versus that.

Yep, plan b for us. This is the first season with the Havasu place. We‘ve been staying at the Nautical or Heat most trips. Usually have a cove spot or slip at the Marina. In my mind i was going to throw the boat on the charger, grab some drinks and head out. Saw the lines and realized that was a no go. We may give it a shot tomorrow morning. Depends how today goes.
015C9C0D-D721-4262-842E-DC74C7073F38.jpeg

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Yep, plan b for us. This is the first season with the Havasu place. We‘ve been staying at the Nautical or Heat most trips. Usually have a cove spot or slip at the Marina. In my mind i was going to throw the boat on the charger, grab some drinks and head out. Saw the lines and realized that was a no go. We may give it a shot tomorrow morning. Depends how today goes.
View attachment 870052
Either way you win!!! Looks great!!

Reactions: DWC

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
View attachment 870052

I wonder how it would be at 3 PM? Launch, go for a cruise, hang out somewhere, have dinner on the boat and put it back on the trailer at 8 or even 9.

WATERDOG

Reaction score
Havasu is definitely busy, but the main reason the road to the island is like that, is Windsor shut down before it was really full.
I don't know. It was full last Sat. when shut down for sure. Then last Monday I read they started parking in every other space. Not sure how they would even enforce that.

Taboma

Reaction score
I just realized a negative for buying one of the new house's they started building on the Island, one way in one way out no matter the traffic...

Oh, you don't recall the city promising a secondary bridge to the island when they approved these developments ? Typical Havasu City, forgotten promises, letting developers slide in the name of progress. One way on and off that island with the large number of residents and visitors, holds the potential for endangering lives should
emergency vehicles not be able to respond. Not to mention the circle jerk when the traffic gets grid locked.
You could write a book on this shit. :mad:

WATERDOG

Reaction score
Oh, you don't recall the city promising a secondary bridge to the island when they approved these developments ? Typical Havasu City, forgotten promises, letting developers slide in the name of progress. One way on and off that island with the large number of residents and visitors, holds the potential for endangering lives should
emergency vehicles not be able to respond. Not to mention the circle jerk when the traffic gets grid locked.
You could write a book on this shit. :mad:
The Freedom Bridge. I always hoped it would happen. I really liked the idea of making it a Toll bridge too. For cars on it and boats under it. LOL

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I’m in line with squirt guns and water ballon launchers

boatnam2

Reaction score
I must be the only one who has a family who will not go against shelter in place order, i have tried everything to get them to go to our river spot.

4Waters

Reaction score
What's the water temp at Havasu? The lakes here are still in the high 50's to low 60's

WATERDOG

Reaction score
That should reduce bent trailer fenders and ripped front truck bumpers
LOL Ziggy. I can't count how many times Karl has repaired my trailer from being hit while parked there.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I must be the only one who has a family who will not go against shelter in place order, i have tried everything to get them to go to our river spot.
It's the Kool-Aide television dispensary.
Having a sip or two is ok but guzzling is not recommended by any means.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I hear you Zig, 7 weeks they have set on couch watching this shit.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I hear you Zig, 7 weeks they have set on couch watching this shit.
My wife has finally seen how fuk'd up network news operates. She recently watched POTUS do his talk then saw each network come up with polar opposite "breaking news" reports about it......and not one actually reported what he said just reported their opinions of it.....sorta.😏

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Good for them!! They must realize that if this shit comes back, even if it's not gone all the way, EVERYBODY'S summer will be over before it starts.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Crazy lines, wow! I bet the local businesses are happy though.

I just went out and drove around town some.
I’ll tell you what, if I was a restaurant owner I’d be REAL tempted to open the doors.
I don’t know what the fine would be, but the revenue would be fast and furious while it lasted.
This town is packed.
Im sure a lot of “stormers” stuck with their plans for the weekend.

Windsor has been shut down at capacity for a while now. (Well, 1/2 capacity anyway)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I was there on Mon and Tues evenings. I did not see any cones.

There weren’t enough people to put them out I guess. Later in the week they were blocking a few sections in the lot with cones.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't know. It was full last Sat. when shut down for sure. Then last Monday I read they started parking in every other space. Not sure how they would even enforce that.
I'm not 100%, was just told that they cut it off before site 4 was full or the jet boat lot, and even the the main lot, they're supposedly using a predetermined number.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I just went out and drove around town some.
I’ll tell you what, if I was a restaurant owner I’d be REAL tempted to open the doors.
I don’t know what the fine would be, but the revenue would be fast and furious while it lasted.
This town is packed.
Im sure a lot of “stormers” stuck with their plans for the weekend.

Windsor has been shut down at capacity for a while now. (Well, 1/2 capacity anyway)

I’d wager most “stormers” kept their plans.

I told my friend to get to Windsor early but he was turned away just before 10 AM.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I guess the city missed the press conference Friday that said the virus doesn’t live long in temperatures above 80°. 😁