WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Pizza ?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
There's about 3 places we prefer. La Vita Dolce has good pizza, but no delivery. Papa Leone's is good and delivers. Believe they also deliver to the channel. Recently tried Ken's Pizza and liked that. They also deliver. We like the crust fresh, hand tossed and not thick. So, what other good pizzas are we missing in LHC?

Captain Dan

Reaction score
There's about 3 places we prefer. La Vita Dolce has good pizza, but no delivery. Papa Leon's is good and delivers. Believe they also deliver to the channel. Recently tried Ken's Pizza and liked that. They also deliver. We like the crust fresh, hand tossed and not thick. So, what other good pizzas are we missing in LHC?

Rosati's - In-n-Out parking lot

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We went to "The Spot" off of Jamaica last time we were in town.
We enjoyed their combo and meat lovers pizza.
They have an arcade for the younger kids.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. They have great pizza there.
Holy hell this is amazing. I was effing pissed when they closed down their Corona location. I'll be sure to add this to my pit stop list 🤘

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yep, we also like Rosati's. Forgot to include them. Haven't been there in a while.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We went to "The Spot" off of Jamaica last time we were in town.
We enjoyed their combo and meat lovers pizza.
They have an arcade for the younger kids.

I take my kids there because they go to MMA right next door.. I can't believe someone would actually recommend the food there! LOL I eat it only if I'm starving and they want to play games.

RD

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I take my kids there because they go to MMA right next door.. I can't believe someone would actually recommend the food there! LOL I eat it only if I'm starving and they want to play games.

RD

LOL ...my daughter requested that we go there. We used to take the kids there when they were little.
It's on par with a Shakeys. And the pitchers of beer were cold.

but yeah its no Chicago bros :)

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Rosati's will deliver to the Channel too...

Yep , you can't beat Rosati's delivered to the channel while you're relaxing on your boat ! A lot of times we might have a slice or two left over , and I'm too lazy to dispose of the box , so I just ask the people parked next to me if they'd like some pizza ? Hell yea ! bingo , problem solved .

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

RD

LOL ...my daughter requested that we go there. We used to take the kids there when they were little.
It's on par with a Shakeys. And the pitchers of beer were cold.

but yeah its no Chicago bros :)
Used to go there quite a bit and honestly never had a bad pizza. Not flashy or specialized but satisfying none the less.
Have no clue if still the same but ironically lately I've been wanting to try it again.
Somewhere we have a big kitchen bag full of game tickets our daughter collected from there and never redeemed....lol Wonder if they're still good[emoji23]

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Used to go there quite a bit and honestly never had a bad pizza. Not flashy or specialized but satisfying none the less.
Have no clue if still the same but ironically lately I've been wanting to try it again.
Somewhere we have a big kitchen bag full of game tickets our daughter collected from there and never redeemed....lol Wonder if they're still good[emoji23]

I spoke with the lady working there and she said she took over the business from her Dad.
She said they have owned it since around 2003

so yeah...redeem those tickets :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I half considered the idea of buying "The Spot" and completely revamping it with all new video games, and real deal pinball machines etc.. If they had modern games, and games for adults like pinball, I think that place could be a winner.

RD

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I half considered the idea of buying "The Spot" and completely revamping it with all new video games, and real deal pinball machines etc.. If they had modern games, and games for adults like pinball, I think that place could be a winner.

RD
That shit is trending right now like you wouldn't believe. Booze + nostalgic games = $$$$$$

RodnJen

Reaction score
Havasu Pizza in the Safeway parking lot. Not big pizzas but always fresh ingredients and have been outstanding every time.

Meaney77

Reaction score

RD

I ate there a few times when my buddy had a house around the corner. It was close to the house when we stayed out there. The pizza was so so, but they had cold beer.

I think half the problem with making that place successful is the location. Its almost at the very top of McCulloch and nobody goes up there to eat.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't know that..

RD
Don't know how well it would work in Havasu due to the demographic but from what I've seen, its very successful. You have to have it in a very hipsterish almost gentrified area where you know people will wait in line to get in. The arcade bars I've been to in bend, Salt lake, LV, LA and even Downtown Santa Ana have all been packed.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Have you tried the individual pizza's in Chabones? Really good and also Mudsharks on Mesquite is not bad.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Havasu Pizza in the Safeway parking lot. Not big pizzas but always fresh ingredients and have been outstanding every time.

Agree. The Vampire Killer pizza is great. Also their salads are very fresh, and pretty big.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
We do mesquite Mudsharks most often I'd say, but never, ever without getting their antipasta salad.

This^
Mudsharks is a must whenever we're in town. My wife and daughter get the antipasta salad and cheese bread. The boy and i get the chicken alfredo pizza, so good!

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
This thread gives me cold feet on leaving the Chicagoland area... I feel I would starve out there :p

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Holy hell this is amazing. I was effing pissed when they closed down their Corona location. I'll be sure to add this to my pit stop list 🤘
They deliver to the boat in the channel

the510

Reaction score
As a long time pizza connoisseur I have tried many pizza places but only a couple of places in Havasu. Unfortunately none of the options in Havasu are satisfying. What is it that you think makes a good Pizza? The crust? the cheese? the sauce? I have considered opening a pizza place in Havasu, but the food industry does not seem to do well there. Who knows maybe one day...

sirbob

Reaction score
Dolce - all day long !

I love their pizza!

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Rosati's all day. It's a must have when I am in town. If you eat in they have freezing cold beer for $2 bucks.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Rosati's is great, They also serve a Gluten free that my wife claims if the best shes ever had... Beers cold and food is great..

TexasJet

Reaction score

That place has great pizzas and the owner is a hoot. We eat there every time we are in Havasu.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Did anyone mention College St.? I had one after DS and it was damn good. I made it to order, And the waitress came out and said they screwed up and added bacon which I did not order. I told her that I would be ok with that.

havasunuts

Reaction score
The Spot meat lover (bacon wrapped jalape?o 👍🏻)
Kenny's combo is great

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Ate there tonight. ended up getting spaghetti, meatball sandwich and everything but the pizza! Lol. I do like that place.

Honestly the best pizza in town is probably cha-bones sausage and peppers deal.. 'aybe barley bros with their wood fired ones.

For general actual pizza places though that deliver we typically order from papa leones or kens.

There's no such thing as "bad pizza". But there are better pizza than others.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Have you tried the individual pizza's in Chabones? Really good and also Mudsharks on Mesquite is not bad.

Glad to see Mudsharks is still around. They used to have the best calzones in town. That was 20+ years ago though.

Scott E

Reaction score
The problem with The Spot is the spotty service.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Ate there tonight. ended up getting spaghetti, meatball sandwich and everything but the pizza! Lol. I do like that place.

Honestly the best pizza in town is probably cha-bones sausage and peppers deal.. 'aybe barley bros with their wood fired ones.

For general actual pizza places though that deliver we typically order from papa leones or kens.

There's no such thing as "bad pizza". But there are better pizza than others.

Yep and Chabones Marguerite is really good also