WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Plumber

DWC

Reaction score
Looking for a plumber in Havasu to install a remote shut off valve. PM or reply to the thread works..

6DBB9503-75E8-442B-ABB3-692B3E86DFDD.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Look at you on natural gas :)

Pro tip:

Once you get that valve swapped, make sure you turn the shut off valve off and back on a few times a year. They get sticky fast.

Reactions: DWC

Magic1

Reaction score
My father in law owns Mike Price Plumbing, he is a great guy to use. 928-7685900
Im sure there are many good ones in the area as well.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Lately I've been using Van Rooy. That's kind of a small job and probably be hard to avoid the minimum 1 hr labor, but in general I avoid companies with preset pricing for changing different items. For example, my neighbor just paid $78.00 for each of three hose bibs to be replaced. It took all of 10 minutes. $90.00 labor and $10.00 for each hose bib, although high would have still been a much better way to go. BTW he didn't ask me or I would have done that for him.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Why do you have 3 inlets?
2 with pressure regulator and one without
The one without you need to shut off water at the meter

Singleton

Reaction score

looks like a shut off buried in rock below the line without the regulator.
A few things need to be cleaned up on that setup

DWC

Reaction score
looks like a shut off buried in rock below the line without the regulator.
A few things need to be cleaned up on that setup
A few things definitely need to be cleaned up. Overall, the house was pretty much turn-key. Just trying to get everything 100% and on autopilot.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
A few things definitely need to be cleaned up. Overall, the house was pretty much turn-key. Just trying to get everything 100% and on autopilot.
Are you back in town?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You might want them to change / check the regulators while there cleaning it up. Havasu has bad water and they need to be changed more often then some other areas. I had Carey install the union type regulator on my house like yours, so I could do it myself without having to solder it.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
You might want them to change / check the regulators while there cleaning it up. Havasu has bad water and they need to be changed more often then some other areas. I had Carey install the union type regulator on my house like yours, so I could do it myself without having to solder it.
Great advice. Thank you

jbird

Reaction score
Shoreline just redid some piping at my house on a service call. Pool guy found the existing shitty PVC work blowing water while I was away. They did good work and very fair price.

I am having them do work inside now, adding a shower to what was a half bath.
AED3CD1F-1497-4D22-92BF-CC2AB86D4A75.jpeg
662990CF-5DB9-4D6D-98CF-7C2046EDCEF1.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
right? That’s the most bizarre setup I have ever seen...

If there is a casita I'd guess pre-plumbed for separate metering. The 3rd one is weird for sureo_O

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Could the pipe without the regulator be for irrigation?
Many of the houses are plumbed this way so they can shut the water off to the house when they leave but not kill all the plants. Pretty common out here at least.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Many of the houses are plumbed this way so they can shut the water off to the house when they leave but not kill all the plants. Pretty common out here at least.
That’s how my house is plumbed. Just one regulator though. :)

rrrr

Reaction score
Shoreline just redid some piping at my house on a service call. Pool guy found the existing shitty PVC work blowing water while I was away. They did good work and very fair price.

I am having them do work inside now, adding a shower to what was a half bath. View attachment 842918 View attachment 842919

Home Depot PVC compression repair fittings! The installer found a way to do a worse job than the average unqualified "contractor".

:D

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Home Depot PVC compression repair fittings! The installer found a way to do a worse job than the average unqualified "contractor".

Where do you see compression fittings? I don’t know maybe cause I’m looking on my phone

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score

And paint the freaking gas lines once every few years. :)

rrrr

Reaction score
Where do you see compression fittings? I don’t know maybe cause I’m looking on my phone

They are also known as repair fittings. No glue needed, they have Buna-N gaskets and threaded compression collars. Look at the tee and the long coupling near the ground.

jbird

Reaction score

2 year old Kelco built home that I moved into 8 months ago. Not the only unqualified work put into this place.