WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Real Estate Folks....... Question

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
As is means know how it is before offering. I am not an expert by any means but right around $250K is my guess where it will sell.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I'd knock off another $30K for the amount of bullshit you'll have to deal with since it's a foreclosure. Unless I find myself extremely bored some day, I'll never deal with one again.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'd think the $250k is an accurate number. There are needed renovations so I could see dumping $35k in it for aesthetics. If it was completely renovated to modern aesthetics, I'd guess it would be a $325k home.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think this is $250k $260K ish, if it was cleaned up and the interior cleaned up/modernized.

Looks like it needs $20K of work to polish it up, budget another $10k to $15K of fixing problems you can't see.

If you can get it for under $220k I'd call it a deal if you were gonna keep it for yourself. Above $230K.. it is up to you if it makes sense or not.

Or clean it up, fix whatever problems there are and make it nicer later.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The bathrooms, kitchen and flooring need to be gutted, and the entire interior & exterior could use a paint job. Without any structural, plumbing, hvac, or roofing issues your probably looking at ballpark $60K in reno costs. I wouldn't pay over $210K if your trying to flip it and make a profit? Personally if your just looking for a river vacation house, I would just go look for something turnkey in the 250-300 range and save yourself a lot of risk and headaches!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm not a baller like many on here, and I'm not there full time, so I don't need a mansion.

This interests me! 45' deep garage, very simple, walled back yard, etc. Looks like a little bit of updating and it could be a nice place. What would you expect to pay for this?

https://www.homesearchlakehavasu.com/property/1007146/#

Hold on a few minutes and I can give you a pretty good idea of what it will go for.

Stacy is driving right now but trying to show me how to run comps on this house.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The bathrooms, kitchen and flooring need to be gutted, and the entire interior & exterior could use a paint job. Without any structural, plumbing, hvac, or roofing issues your probably looking at ballpark $60K in reno costs. I wouldn't pay over $210K if your trying to flip it and make a profit? Personally if your just looking for a river vacation house, I would just go look for something turnkey in the 250-300 range and save yourself a lot of risk and headaches!
Do you have x-ray vision or have you been through this house??? Why would it need a bathroom and kitchen gut?? What's wrong with the way it is?? Throw some paint on it and live in it. Jeez!!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Do you have x-ray vision or have you been through this house??? Why would it need a bathroom and kitchen gut?? What's wrong with the way it is?? Throw some paint on it and live in it. Jeez!!!

Same reason you need a $50k SXS, $200k deckboat and $75k truck to have fun and tow safely.

If you were gonna dump $60K into "fixing" it, you can build your own equivalent house that is brand new for that total cost LOL. Older houses in Havasu are cheaper than the new equivalent for that reason.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lol just had this conversation with the wife. Yes our kitchen and bathrooms are dated... but everything works!!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Most of the homes in that 250-300 range have comp roofs, and no boat deep garage. I look (a lot) at house trying to find the one that best fits the needs and budget. This house would work well for me. I don't need fancy shit. Paint, flooring, and a few simple updates and Id be happy for quite some time. Biggest thing is to get a boat deep garage so I can get rid of my storage when the time comes.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Same reason you need a $50k SXS, $200k deckboat and $75k truck to have fun and tow safely.

If you were gonna dump $60K into "fixing" it, you can build your own equivalent house that is brand new for that total cost LOL. Older houses in Havasu are cheaper than the new equivalent for that reason.
Yep. the SoCal way!!!! Impress, Impress, Impress!!! LAM LAM LAM!! Being in my mid 60's (old Fart to most RDPer's), who gives a frick about updates!! All I give a rat's ass about is if I own it free and clear!!!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

Some things just need to stay in the 90's! Mauve Tile Countertops being one of them, lol.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yep. the SoCal way!!!! Impress, Impress, Impress!!! LAM LAM LAM!! Being in my mid 60's (old Fart to most RDPer's), who gives a frick about updates!! All I give a rat's ass about is if I own it free and clear!!!
Right. Do what makes you happy. Idgaf if others are impressed or not, it's not for them.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Agreed, but if the house is live able, your kids or friends that go to the river with you aren’t going to remember or care about mauve countertops..
That’s what I tell my wife. Huge beautiful lot, giant yard, awesome pool, petting zoo... but I’m sure everyone goes home and talks shit about our kitchen cabinets :rolleyes:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Is it a foreclosure or BK?
Reason I ask is a BK property out there was set up where you could have phone in cash bids up to the last second. Kind of a PITA for that scenario bidding wise.
Asking price of home I’m talking about went for $20k over asking price of $410k.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
I ain't no expert, IMO....from the pics, decent sized lot, the front of the house looks good, big backyard, big garage, big side yard. Have an inspection done so you know everything is structurally ok, gotta change out that nasty carpet (lord knows what's in those fibers) clean & paint.

Throw an offer at least your in the game, it's an investment. Unlike my dumbass who has way too much OCD & always wants everything perfect, then stresses when it's not.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
That’s what I tell my wife. Huge beautiful lot, giant yard, awesome pool, petting zoo... but I’m sure everyone goes home and talks shit about our kitchen cabinets :rolleyes:
I know I would, first thing out of my mouth, "did you see Vic's cabinets", just Kidding Vic!! Take the money for those new cabinets and throw it on your principle. Vic, there's NO feeling in the world like owning your own home free and clear, well maybe two or three!!:D:D

Let It Ride

Reaction score
Very nice House, just a little down by me. There is a lot you can do to that home. Good luck. You could even add or modify the garage to make it bigger.

DLC

Reaction score
If you look you can find some smoken deals for about $250. I look for the ability to expand - rv garage and a pool maybe casita.... and also access. Side yard corner lot etc

Problem is at that price point you can’t really pick which area you like. You have to go to the house location...

Sign up for Zillow they will e mail / send you homes automatically, some have great potential