WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera Build

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Framer's are kicking ass. All walls are framed and they are starting to roll roof trusses.

Front of house.
IMG_20230420_144447211.jpg

Side view

IMG_20230420_144520992.jpg

RV Boat garage below

IMG_20230420_144553288.jpg

Back of house at the pool deck

IMG_20230420_144352800.jpg

IMG_20230420_144348362.jpg

Views from my pool deck/patio

IMG_20230420_144341495.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Damn, that’s looking good!!

Great seeing you guys at DS. Looking forward to that home tour when it’s done! 😁👍

MooreMoney

Reaction score
What an awesome place you are building!

Do you have elevation plans you can share? Curious what the final product is going to look like.

Just spectacular location and home you are building!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
What an awesome place you are building!

Do you have elevation plans you can share? Curious what the final product is going to look like.

Just spectacular location and home you are building!
Thank you, we are very excited. We are revising the exterior finish materials and will be doing new color renderings here in the next month or so. I will share once I have them.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Had a framing walkthrough meeting with my general contractor and architect Sunday afternoon after boating. Framer's have been kicking ass and will be substantially completed the end of this week. Next big challenge is going to be HVAC. There is no attic and there are steel or wood beams all over the place blocking where ducts need to be. HVAC contractor has already run his calcs and will be walking the job tomorrow morning with my general contractor to try and figure the system out. 🤞

1st floor walkthrough

Mezzanine bunk room

IMG_9973.JPEG

Lower garage

IMG_9970.JPEG

Hammer

Reaction score
Had a framing walkthrough meeting with my general contractor and architect Sunday afternoon after boating. Framer's have been kicking ass and will be substantially completed the end of this week. Next big challenge is going to be HVAC. There is no attic and there are steel or wood beams all over the place blocking where ducts need to be. HVAC contractor has already run his calcs and will be walking the job tomorrow morning with my general contractor to try and figure the system out. 🤞

1st floor walkthrough
View attachment 1228704

Mezzanine bunk room

View attachment 1228708

Lower garage

View attachment 1228707
Rectangular HVAC duct will be the way to go I think, not spiral or flex. It's going to be more costly though.I'm assuming you want high ceilings?

Has the system been specificied? Split system or package units somewhere?

You might have to think about going with several mini splits looking at all those truss'

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Code inspector must be some sort of genius keeping up with what you guys design & build these days. Inspector gotta know what he doing signing off keeping that project moving on schedule. Incredible,thanks for the thread. 👍

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Rectangular HVAC duct will be the way to go I think, not spiral or flex. It's going to be more costly though.I'm assuming you want high ceilings?

You might have to think about going with several mini splits looking at all those truss'

I have high ceilings down the center of the house and they are lower on the sides. Most of the exterior doors and windows go floor to ceiling so I am not able to drop any of the ceilings. Custom rigid duct is our only option and most will be 4 1/2" x 14". HVAC contractor is calculating the flow of the custom ducts with a few 90's.

I need about 11 tons for the first floor. More than likely I am going to use a ducted mini split in the attached guest bedroom and that will leave two conventional systems for the balance of the 1st floor.

Hammer

Reaction score
I have high ceilings down the center of the house and they are lower on the sides. Most of the exterior doors and windows go floor to ceiling so I am not able to drop any of the ceilings. Custom rigid duct is our only option and most will be 4 1/2" x 14". HVAC contractor is calculating the flow of the custom ducts with a few 90's.

I need about 11 tons for the first floor. More than likely I am going to use a ducted mini split in the attached guest bedroom and that will leave two conventional systems for the balance of the 1st floor.
You could always go with exposed spiral(or rectangular) for an industrial look. It depends on your finishes/decor and the look you are going for.

That’s a lot of air on the 1st floor.

Fleendog

Reaction score
Had the same problem on my Riviera build. There were wood beams and steels beams in the way. I used a Trane hi velocity system with multiple blower units and smaller ductwork . It was a little more pricey but it worked out. Also you can control each section of your house separately

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Had the same problem on my Riviera build. There were wood beams and steels beams in the way. I used a Trane hi velocity system with multiple blower units and smaller ductwork . It was a little more pricey but it worked out. Also you can control each section of your house separately
You have any pictures or specs you care to share?

Fleendog

Reaction score
Let me get a copy of my invoice so I can use the proper terminology on what they did. Essentially they placed these smaller fan units with separate temperature controls throughout the house which you control the quadrant or rooms as you want. These units are hi velocity so smaller ductwork is used. And they can avoid all the beams.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Let me get a copy of my invoice so I can use the proper terminology on what they did. Essentially they placed these smaller fan units with separate temperature controls throughout the house which you control the quadrant or rooms as you want. These units are hi velocity so smaller ductwork is used. And they can avoid all the beams.
Thank you very much! Which house are you?

Fleendog

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Which house are you?
Harbor way on the corner of front row

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
This week's update. Fireplace manufacturer did their measure up last Friday, will get shop drawings and approve this week for production. It's 8' long and will be the focal point of the main living area. My general contractor did final walkthrough with framing contractor this morning. They have some pickup work and will be done tomorrow. Made some design changes from our last framing walkthrough meeting and the results are awesome. Final exterior door and window measure up tomorrow morning and order will be placed this week. Plumbing and electric to start in the next few weeks.

71026.jpeg
71027.jpeg
71028.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I did some jobs in San Pedro and Huntington Harbor that were the type that even if the work sucked, when you stood up to wipe the sweat away, you had a view that helped the chore. Your house looks like one of those rare birds. When your eyes sting and then clear, the view puts just enough wind back in your sails.
Some projects are much better to work on than others. Probably the reason you can have something like this is because you've seen a lot of both! It looks great!

Fleendog

Reaction score
Harbor way on the corner of front row
House is about 9300 SF, garage is about 4000 SF. We installed 1 Trane XV18 split air pump for our great room. 4 NTXMSM VRF heat pumps and 12 air handlers throughtout the house. 3 each 3 ton ductless heat pump systems for the garage. Everything is WIFI controlled so you don't have to run everthing at the same time.

DWC

Reaction score
House is about 9300 SF, garage is about 4000 SF. We installed 1 Trane XV18 split air pump for our great room. 4 NTXMSM VRF heat pumps and 12 air handlers throughtout the house. 3 each 3 ton ductless heat pump systems for the garage. Everything is WIFI controlled so you don't have to run everthing at the same time.
Sounds pretty badass. Would love to see some pics.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
House is about 9300 SF, garage is about 4000 SF. We installed 1 Trane XV18 split air pump for our great room. 4 NTXMSM VRF heat pumps and 12 air handlers throughtout the house. 3 each 3 ton ductless heat pump systems for the garage. Everything is WIFI controlled so you don't have to run everthing at the same
We would all love another build thread and to see some pics. It sounds pretty awesome.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Neighbor?
Looks like out your front door to the right?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Its been progressing pretty quick actually, drove by it twice this week. Looking forward to him posting updates
Agree 100%, had a bit of a hiccup with his misc metal guy otherwise pretty smooth.
Some HVAC challenges it appeared with the floor framing above the garage but seen worse!

Tank

Reaction score
Is the pool on top of the RV garages? How’s that work?

DLC

Reaction score
@Racer56

Thank You for bringing us all along !

Going to Be Beautiful Home and a Bad Ass Garage !

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We are making progress slowly but surely. Plumber's have been great! They have had a full crew every day and finished all of the rough plumbing and water service.

We brought the Framer's back to finish all door and window openings, tub and showers and all soffits with recessed pockets for motorized shade's.

HVAC has been another story, between the contractor not performing and a really difficult install, it has been holding us up big time. We can't let the electrician start until all of the HVAC ductwork is installed, however they finished the mezzanine level. Hopefully we finally have everything worked out and he finally finishes his rough in the next three weeks.

We hit a little snag with the pool plans and Blue Stake (dig alert). We should be starting pool foundation walls and pool equipment enclosure walls in the next few weeks.

My wife and I picked out all of our appliances. We decided on Thermador and can't wait to see them installed.

I ordered all of interior doors from a custom door guy here in the SFV. They are 8' tall solid core slab doors with quarter sawn and book matched African Mahogany veneers both sides. They will have matching 1 3/4" jambs that are flush to drywall.

We are still about 6 weeks out for all of our exterior doors and windows.

Roofing contractor received all of the custom cut and sloped foam for the roof and is waiting on us to complete our roof penetrations and skylights before he starts.

IMG_20230630_155506215.jpg
IMG_20230630_155451926.jpg
IMG_20230630_155356538_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230630_155727224_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230630_155715312_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230630_155543791_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230630_155537295_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230630_155956360.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Is the pool on top of the RV garages? How’s that work?
The pool abuts the RV/boat garage at side/corner of the house where I circled in red in the picture below. The garage foundation walls are engineered to take the surcharge from the pool. The pool is flush to the 1st floor exterior patios and is about 16' tall at it's highest point. We have a large spa outside our master bedroom, then a Baja shelf and the rest is 4-5' deep pool. The pool has an infinity edge on three sides with water cascading down to a lower trough.

Screenshot_20230606-233651~2.png

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I cant wait to see this finished, I can only imagine how excited you and your wife are getting!!
Having our boat in the marina and seeing other residents that have finished with their golf carts parked at the docks, made us super excited to get the house finished.

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
The pool abuts the RV/boat garage at side/corner of the house where I circled in red in the picture below. The garage foundation walls are engineered to take the surcharge from the pool. The pool is flush to the 1st floor exterior patios and is about 16' tall at it's highest point. We have a large spa outside our master bedroom, then a Baja shelf and the rest is 4-5' deep pool. The pool has an infinity edge on three sides with water cascading down to a lower trough.

View attachment 1249680
So bad ass.

Sooooo, too late to do a change order and put windows from the RV garage to the pool?! 😁😁👍

IMG_2976.jpeg
IMG_2975.jpeg