WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera Development News

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yep, little birdie says there’s a future for you there. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have some great grapevine skills! I have kept this deal pretty private with the exception of a few friends

Taboma

Reaction score
Ramps pushed in the water yesterday.

Where's the pushing part ? Before pushed, after pushed, but no pushing --- arghhh, but at least I get the concept and I've certainly never seen it done that way. Thanks !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Where's the pushing part ? Before pushed, after pushed, but no pushing --- arghhh, but at least I get the concept and I've certainly never seen it done that way. Thanks !! :D
I'm sure it went really slooooooww. :D

Andy01

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing the video Boddy, I think he's a active realtor here in Havasu, I believe I just wrote his pontoon insurance. Nice video, I was wondering if it was done.

Taboma

Reaction score
OK found this video of the same type of construction done in Kentucky. Few others on the page too, so this seems to be the popular way of building launch ramps.

Pushing the ramp.JPG

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of the phase 1 residential lot's?

Joker

Reaction score
That’s not a bad deal. I should look into one.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
This project will be pretty interesting as it plays out. It looks pretty cool and I would imagine they are going to keep it high end. Places in my neighborhood have been selling pretty high. So I cannot imagine this would be any less of a buy in. You are going to be in easy 1.2 - 1.5 on a basic home. Like it or not that is what it is lining up to be there.

Reactions: DWC

Raffit78

Reaction score
Houses near the lake in Havasu built for 700k+? Highly doubt it. Unless everyone that lives out of town and owns a house in town, is planning on banking all kinds of money to buy these lots? I don't think that number is sustainable. If so, I guess ill be around, when we hit a recession one day.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I remember the developer saying $400k (undeveloped lot) when we talked at the boat show.

I think he was just talking ballpark.

I can assure you the phase 1 lots won’t be 400. Trent was working the boatshow and wouldn’t discuss pricing with anyone because they do not have a public report yet.

You can’t quote prices, or take deposits until that happens.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To answer some of the questions that have been asked of me lately..

Yes I hung my Real Estate license with DLRE which is the in house Real Estate brokerage for DLG (Desert Land Group). Desert Land Group is the developer of the Havasu Riviera.

I have been very quiet regarding the project because as with anything there is always a lot of things going on behind the scenes. One of those things will likely be resolved tomorrow at some point.

Because it is an extremely large development they are extremely sensitive to how things are released and marketed. Being that I technically work there, I figured it would probably be best not to say anything until we can all get on the same page with how that should be done... and particular how it should be done with regard to RDP and FB pages etc.

I was there when they pushed it in, and this is a video I shot with my phone that shows it all. This video is for educational purposes only and isn’t representative of any DLG or DLRE marketing.

HighRoller

Mr. All or Nothing
Reaction score
Always thought the town was planned weird with a lot of the nice up close lake views being industrial and commercial. It seems this is the natural place for nice lake homes.

Guess I'm old school as I hate to see the town get so big. It was just right at 17,000 when I lived there, but things move on. Glad Parker is closed.

X2. Strange that there is no "Havasu lake front" property.

As I clicked on this thread I was wondering how long it will be until Havasu is officially "ruined". I guess for me it will be when they start building high rise condos on the Island and completely redecorate the bridge area to look more "modern" instead of staying with the English theme. I feel like it will happen. I have nightmares that one day in the future the London Bridge will be refinished to look more "modern". Call me sentimental, but as someone who started visiting Havasu in the 70's, the allure of Havasu was that it was less classy than California. The old school gas stations, marinas and campgrounds made it what it was; A desert oasis.

I was born and raised in SoCal...but it breaks my heart to see Havasu becoming "Californicated". A lot of people Love Orange County, but I don't want Havi to turn into the O.C. in the Desert. Let it be what it has always been. Something different from where you live. Simpler. Quieter. A little bit trashy. A place where you can shop for cheesy T-shirts at a gas station or take a photo next to an English phone booth. A place where old-school boats still cruise the channel and sit on street corners wearing For Sale signs.

I feel very connected to Havasu. My first trip to Havasu was actually while my Mom was pregnant with me in 1971. I wouldn't find out until later that London Bridge was dedicated on my Mom's Birthday of that very year when I was born. We went every year from then until early 1980's. Back then you could roll through the channel any time of the day, any day of the week and be lucky to see another boat. We were actually staying at the Nautical Inn the very week that MTV's "Amuck in America" visited and subsequently decreed Havasu as the Spring Break Party Capital of the West Coast. I had no idea that I was witnessing the moment that would transform the place I loved from paradise into a complete shit show.

Not to worry. My destiny is to own the Ultra Custom Boat company and return in to prominence before being elected Mayor of LHC and preserving the heritage of the place that I Love.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
X2. Strange that there is no "Havasu lake front" property.

As I clicked on this thread I was wondering how long it will be until Havasu is officially "ruined". I guess for me it will be when they start building high rise condos on the Island and completely redecorate the bridge area to look more "modern" instead of staying with the English theme. I feel like it will happen. I have nightmares that one day in the future the London Bridge will be refinished to look more "modern". Call me sentimental, but as someone who started visiting Havasu in the 70's, the allure of Havasu was that it was less classy than California. The old school gas stations, marinas and campgrounds made it what it was; A desert oasis.

I was born and raised in SoCal...but it breaks my heart to see Havasu becoming "Californicated". A lot of people Love Orange County, but I don't want Havi to turn into the O.C. in the Desert. Let it be what it has always been. Something different from where you live. Simpler. Quieter. A little bit trashy. A place where you can shop for cheesy T-shirts at a gas station or take a photo next to an English phone booth. A place where old-school boats still cruise the channel and sit on street corners wearing For Sale signs.

I feel very connected to Havasu. My first trip to Havasu was actually while my Mom was pregnant with me in 1971. I wouldn't find out until later that London Bridge was dedicated on my Mom's Birthday of that very year when I was born. We went every year from then until early 1980's. Back then you could roll through the channel any time of the day, any day of the week and be lucky to see another boat. We were actually staying at the Nautical Inn the very week that MTV's "Amuck in America" visited and subsequently decreed Havasu as the Spring Break Party Capital of the West Coast. I had no idea that I was witnessing the moment that would transform the place I loved from paradise into a complete shit show.

Not to worry. My destiny is to own the Ultra Custom Boat company and return in to prominence before being elected Mayor of LHC and preserving the heritage of the place that I Love.

I’m with you on that, for both Parker and Havasu! That said the town had already changed tremendously just in the six years I have lived here. The amount of cars driving through town has already doubled if not tripled in that time. Just in the last couple years dirt lots that were 40-50 grand are now 80-90 if you can find one at all.. Something desirable even more. Foothills or sailing hawks? 2-3+

The change is inevitable at this point. Unfortunately not all for the good.. I.E. one of the most prime pieces of property in LHC they are now putting a Holiday in Express on? Lol.. c’mon guys really? Couldn’t have put a hard rock in there? Nice steak house attached? Anything?

I’m really hoping that the Riviera offers something town has never had before. Which is basically the lifestyle that Parker offers. Boating directly from your house with restaurants and bars etc.

Add that in with what Craig is doing down at Cat Tail and this place will be on a whole different level.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
To answer some of the questions that have been asked of me lately..

Yes I hung my Real Estate license with DLRE which is the in house Real Estate brokerage for DLG (Desert Land Group). Desert Land Group is the developer of the Havasu Riviera.

I have been very quiet regarding the project because as with anything there is always a lot of things going on behind the scenes. One of those things will likely be resolved tomorrow at some point.

Because it is an extremely large development they are extremely sensitive to how things are released and marketed. Being that I technically work there, I figured it would probably be best not to say anything until we can all get on the same page with how that should be done... and particular how it should be done with regard to RDP and FB pages etc.

I was there when they pushed it in, and this is a video I shot with my phone that shows it all. This video is for educational purposes only and isn’t representative of any DLG or DLRE marketing.

Post some pictures of the phase 1 lots. Quit holding out on us!

rvrrun

Reaction score
I can assure you the phase 1 lots won’t be 400. Trent was working the boatshow and wouldn’t discuss pricing with anyone because they do not have a public report yet.

You can’t quote prices, or take deposits until that happens.
No specific lot or development phase was mentioned. Something along the lines of get your $400k in now for the lot even if your not ready to build.

Taboma

Reaction score
No specific lot or development phase was mentioned. Something along the lines of get your $400k in now for the lot even if your not ready to build.

I could certainly be wrong, but it seems I recall that at the Foothills development, there was a time constraint period you had to build within. Wonder if this will be similar ?

rvrrun

Reaction score
I could certainly be wrong, but it seems I recall that at the Foothills development, there was a time constraint period you had to build within. Wonder if this will be similar ?
I don't know, we didn't talk about that. He didn't make it sound like there was a limit. I would imagine your neighbors would want an undeveloped lot next to them for all eternity.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They couldn’t take your money if they wanted too.. They can’t accept deposits or money for lots until they have a public report.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What’s going on at CatTail?

Craig Reynolds took it over. I am hearing they are doing a floating bar, and a host of other cool things.

Craig is the guy that originally did the Naked turtle, Pirates Cove, currently has Pirates Den, Outlaws of Sundance, and Cat Tail.. (and I’m sure others I don’t know about).

The guy is a pretty amazing guy, with a really interesting story.

Post some pictures of the phase 1 lots. Quit holding out on us!

Next time I go down there I will post some pics.

Last edited:

rvrrun

Reaction score
They couldn’t take your money if they wanted too.. They can’t accept deposits or money for lots until they have a public report.
That was never mentioned. Only if there was any idea on price.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Thanks, I saw those pictures when you posted them. I know they have done a lot more grading since you took those pictures and I was hoping for a ground level view of the lots to get a better sense of what they will look like.

In this picture I posted a while ago you can see the first of some lots being graded..
View attachment 623766
View attachment 623766

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Thanks, I saw those pictures when you posted them. I know they have done a lot more grading since you took those pictures and I was hoping for a ground level view of the lots to get a better sense of what they will look like.

Buzz the tarmac. Noted. I dig it. :)

Brian

buck35

Reaction score
Where is this? We drove all over hell down there last week and couldn't find shit.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Where is this? We drove all over hell down there last week and couldn't find shit.

You can’t see any of this from the highway in town. But if you were entering town from 95 headed south, you would pass the London bridge and about 2 miles up, the development is on the right.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
That was never mentioned. Only if there was any idea on price.
Without an AZ public report it is very dicey to quote prices as far as the DRE is concerned....anything at this point can only be speculation, some of it good and some of it not.....this is an exciting project and will change the face of Havasu.

For now at least there will be another launch ramp so serve the south side of town!!

buck35

Reaction score
You can’t see any of this from the highway in town. But if you were entering town from 95 headed south, you would pass the London bridge and about 2 miles up, the development is on the right.

We stayed at the sara park rodeo grounds, and one day drove towards parker, I got to the rez and turned around, I dont know if we got there or not. We did pull into a couple spots that looked nice down by the dam , but I have no idea where we were.
To someone thats never been there its a little confusing to find you're way around.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
We stayed at the sara park rodeo grounds, and one day drove towards parker, I got to the rez and turned around, I dont know if we got there or not. We did pull into a couple spots that looked nice down by the dam , but I have no idea where we were.
To someone thats never been there its a little confusing to find you're way around.

So I guess Parker needs to spend $500K plus, for "blue signs" that also give no directions, just like Havasu did ............... HA HA

buck35

Reaction score
So I guess Parker needs to spend $500K plus, for "blue signs" that also give no directions, just like Havasu did ............... HA HA

??????
We drove 2700 miles to see the sights and meet folks. Didn't meet anyone or really see shit.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score