WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Of the progress Of that 2 million dollar neighborhood
Tank posted pictures on Friday of 5 houses under construction, one of which is almost finished. There are 5 more under construction that are not pictured. The Marina View neighborhood is only going to end up with 65'ish homes, so 10 out of 65 so far is pretty good progress in my mind.

BTW, the house on the corner in the picture has a glass bottom pool with a man cave under it.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
any news from the developer about the marina
They say it will be open for Memorial day, but I don't believe it. There is a lot of work going on in the marina, but it's moving kind of slow. I definitely think it will open this year, just don't know when.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They say it will be open for Memorial day, but I don't believe it. There is a lot of work going on in the marina, but it's moving kind of slow. I definitely think it will open this year, just don't know when.

They said that in 2018 😂

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
H2OToie to the translating office please! 😆
I love Havasu Blue Label's posts, but maybe you can send him a link to what the definition of a run sentence is...maybe a pic of some commas and periods...
Every one of them I'm like
Screenshot_20180925-134318_Chrome.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The fourth neighborhood Black Rock started inside sales this week. They sold 25 of the 61 lots. Multiple lots sold for 1 Mil and 2 Mil each with basic lots going for 500K+. It's amazing how much money people are willing to invest in waterfront lot's. The developers are making a killing at the Riviera.

Hopefully they get the Marina open ASAP.

DWC

Reaction score
I think it raises the value of the development, as no one wants to have to deal with partying rental neighbors all of the time. Also, I don't think to many homeowners that are spending 2 million plus to build a home in the Riviera are keen to rent their houses out on VRBO.
Completely agree. Our neighborhood has the same rules against short term rentals. It’s one of the few rules i agree with. 😉.

Hammer

Reaction score
The fourth neighborhood Black Rock started inside sales this week. They sold 25 of the 61 lots. Multiple lots sold for 1 Mil and 2 Mil each with basic lots going for 500K+. It's amazing how much money people are willing to invest in waterfront lot's. The developers are making a killing at the Riviera.

Hopefully they get the Marina open ASAP.
Hearing this makes me fall out of love with Havasu a bit. It’s going to get crowded in that small town. In some ways it already is crowded. May have to change gears and become an ocean boater in a few years. The town is already hurting for service staff and restaurants. I guess that comes with time. Places just get bigger. 🤷‍♂️

jailbird141

Reaction score
Hearing this makes me fall out of love with Havasu a bit. It’s going to get crowded in that small town. In some ways it already is crowded. May have to change gears and become an ocean boater in a few years. The town is already hurting for service staff and restaurants. I guess that comes with time. Places just get bigger. 🤷‍♂️
Sad but so true :(

WildWilly

Reaction score

this had already started for me prior to COVID. it was a PITA to get shit done, from the Vet or Dr's, to home services, to launch ramps even on off days etc. But with COVID, its only gotten worse. There are more people here on any given day, businesses are struggling to get people to work, and the service level workers are struggling to find a place to live....like a snowball. We've talked more in the last 6 months about going back to this just being a place to visit, not live. I was warned, moving here full time changes things, and they weren't kidding.

Tank

Reaction score
this had already started for me prior to COVID. it was a PITA to get shit done, from the Vet or Dr's, to home services, to launch ramps even on off days etc. But with COVID, its only gotten worse. There are more people here on any given day, businesses are struggling to get people to work, and the service level workers are struggling to find a place to live....like a snowball. We've talked more in the last 6 months about going back to this just being a place to visit, not live. I was warned, moving here full time changes things, and they weren't kidding.
There was a time I thought I could live there full time after I retire. I think that time has passed for me. It’s a big problem that it’s a weekend and retirement community and now prices on homes are compatible to California, that is more of a problem because part timers, retirees and those paying 2 mil for a small lot aren’t bringing people with them to work and help boost the service industry. In the mean time city is busier than ever.

2 mil for a basic lot? Really?! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I would rather have that bitchen house stacy listed a couple times for 1.5 in sailing hawks that was basically sitting on the water.

Damn I should’ve bought a brand new 3x2 on the south end of town for 99k in late 90’s when I had the chance 🤮

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Are the docks for owners? Temporary? Long term?
There will be three kinds of docks. Long term rental on a first come first serve basis. There is already a long waiting list. Day use docks for Marina service's and eventually the restaurant. Docks for people launching and retrieving at the ramp. My understanding is that when the Marina is finally complete, there will just under 400 dock space's.

Englewood

Reaction score
There will be three kinds of docks. Long term rental on a first come first serve basis. There is already a long waiting list. Day use docks for Marina service's and eventually the restaurant. Docks for people launching and retrieving at the ramp. My understanding is that when the Marina is finally complete, there will just under 400 dock space's.
Shit. Didn’t even know there was a signup. I will pay dearly if anyone gives me their spot lol

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Sp
There was a time I thought I could live there full time after I retire. I think that time has passed for me. It’s a big problem that it’s a weekend and retirement community and now prices on homes are compatible to California, that is more of a problem because part timers, retirees and those paying 2 mil for a small lot aren’t bringing people with them to work and help boost the service industry. In the mean time city is busier than ever.

2 mil for a basic lot? Really?! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I would rather have that bitchen house stacy listed a couple times for 1.5 in sailing hawks that was basically sitting on the water.

Damn I should’ve bought a brand new 3x2 on the south end of town for 99k in late 90’s when I had the chance 🤮
Speaking of which…We have a couple more of those Sailing Hawk view homes coming up in the near future. I love that development.

I have to agree with the service and improvement issue here. It’s hard to find staffing, the roads suck, we need traffic lights in several dangerous intersections, etc. that being said I haven’t quite found a place that competes with Havasu. I love our little town with all of its quirks. You couldn’t pay me to move back to California.

Tank

Reaction score
Sp

Speaking of which…We have a couple more of those Sailing Hawk view homes coming up in the near future. I love that development.

I have to agree with the service and improvement issue here. It’s hard to find staffing, the roads suck, we need traffic lights in several dangerous intersections, etc. that being said I haven’t quite found a place that competes with Havasu. I love our little town with all of its quirks. You couldn’t pay me to move back to California.

For sure! I dig havasu. Just bummed it’s getting so crowded and the issues I posted above. Plus Kelly could never do July or aug out there.

My goal is still to get us a place out there in a couple years. But a second home. Kelly will Never leave the beach.

Tank

Reaction score
Damn!!! They ain’t fuckin around!! That’s legit!

$14 a gallon by august?

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Wife and I checked it out last trip.

I may be crazy, but fail to see the attraction? The scenery sucks, except the lake view. The prices are astronomically high. 200k-2 mil for a rock pile.

The homes are not even on the water. It makes no sense to me.

I’m a person who can normally see the value in stuff. The Islander has everything I need and never see myself as a full time Havasu resident anyway.

Singleton

Reaction score
For sure! I dig havasu. Just bummed it’s getting so crowded and the issues I posted above. Plus Kelly could never do July or aug out there.

My goal is still to get us a place out there in a couple years. But a second home. Kelly will Never leave the beach.

In the same boat. My wife will never leave Carlsbad. That said, wife is realizing southern Utah is looking like a good retirement location

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Wife and I checked it out last trip.

I may be crazy, but fail to see the attraction? The scenery sucks, except the lake view. The prices are astronomically high. 200k-2 mil for a rock pile.

The homes are not even on the water. It makes no sense to me.

I’m a person who can normally see the value in stuff. The Islander has everything I need and never see myself as a full time Havasu resident anyway.
I couldn’t afford to live in there Unless We sold everything and moved there full time. I actually get the attraction. Close to town but not in town. Less windy side of town. Overlooking and close to the water. Next to the launch and Marina. I get it. Still, crazy in my opinion. But more power to those building in there. Good for them. Bitchen project. Bitchen spot. I’m gonna use the fuck out of those fuel docks launch ramp and marina restaurant. 😁👍

Tank

Reaction score
In the same boat. My wife will never leave Carlsbad. That said, wife is realizing southern Utah is looking like a food retirement location
When the politics of ca affect us directly (crime and quality of life) we’re out. She agrees to that 100%. But we really are lucky to be in a great bubble. I don’t think there’s any other place I’d rather live being in ca.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I couldn’t afford to live in there Unless We sold everything and moved there full time. I actually get the attraction. Close to town but not in town. Less windy side of town. Overlooking and close to the water. Next to the launch and Marina. I get it. Still, crazy in my opinion. But more power to those building in there. Good for them. Bitchen project. Bitchen spot. I’m gonna use the fuck out of those fuel docks launch ramp and marina restaurant. 😁👍
I’ll use the fuel docks if the fuel is even close to town. I try to buy non-ethanol at Parker oil. I pull the boat out to clean it properly every 4 days or so. So no big deal to go fuel it.

Last trip, I rode my bike to 76 by Barrett, Parker oil and the Marina.

Marina was 6.14 for 91 ethanol
76 was 5.65 for non-ethanol 91
Parker oil was 5.35 for non-ethanol 91.

Tank

Reaction score
I’ll use the fuel docks if the fuel is even close to town. I try to buy non-ethanol at Parker oil. I pull the boat out to clean it properly every 4 days or so. So no big deal to go fuel it.

Last trip, I rode my bike to 76 by Barrett, Parker oil and the Marina.

Marina was 6.14 for 91 ethanol
76 was 5.65 for non-ethanol 91
Parker oil was 5.35 for non-ethanol 91.
I really don’t get why everyone goes to the 76 Campbell cove next to Barrett. That shit is spendy!! I guess because it’s easy in and out and on the way to Windsor ramp.

I straight finagled the cigarette into hearbst a few weeks ago with some Vaseline and a shoe horn 😂😂👍
I look at getting the boat in and out of tight places like a challenge. Bang the gong, light the torch, LETS DO THIS. 😂😂