WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Havalife

Reaction score
So the city tax money is paying for this????

So far the "tax money" is the only thing that wasted money BUT now we have the state fund??????

What developer has skin in the game???

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

So far the "tax money" is the only thing that wasted money BUT now we have the state fund??????

The developer that finally buys a parcel :)

Hammer

Reaction score
are there any plans to make the lake bigger...

My guess is the no wake zone buoys will be pushed out further and eventually all along the entrance to the Rivera marina. It’ll choke down the waterways in that section.

Development is great, but I am less enthusiastic about it in Lake Havasu. Especially something of this magnitude.

Oh well. Progression right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
It’s kind of been the norm for the 30 years I’ve been here, they’re always talking about running out of space yet we have vacant lots all throughout the city. It’s not like were in Southern California or Phoenix, the growth is going to be slow here. We are too far away from “civilization” for the big money players that can come in and complete an entire project and wait to make their money. I am actually amazed things are moving along as fast as they are, I’ve seen it a hell of a lot slower.
When we bought our house in 2001 everyone was saying the lots will be gone in 5 years! Still a lot of empty lots. Right behind us in a big canyon in Henderson is a project called Black Rock with about 200 homes. The project is about 2 years old which includes all the dirt work has 9 homes left to sell. Yes the big guys could build it prett quickly. Pardee homes is the builder here in Henderson.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

No not at all..

The city / state have skin in the game because of the launch ramp / marina.

City with taxes / road etc. State has the 40 year lease on the land they collect rent on and a portion of launch ramp proceeds. The developer owns the land and is now trying to develop it. They will hold the lease and make money off launch ramp, concessions, as well as real estate development / home sales etc.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
How many times did the term "launch ramp" appear in the above. Perhaps the Cash Cow? But don't plan on using any annual launch permit purchased from the state?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How many times did the term "launch ramp" appear in the above. Perhaps the Cash Cow? But don't plan on using any annual launch permit purchased from the state?

When I was there they said the passes wouldn’t work. Being it is a state launch ramp I’m not sure if that is realistic or not.

Havalife

Reaction score
No not at all..

The city / state have skin in the game because of the launch ramp / marina.

City with taxes / road etc. State has the 40 year lease on the land they collect rent on and a portion of launch ramp proceeds. The developer owns the land and is now trying to develop it. They will hold the lease and make money off launch ramp, concessions, as well as real estate development / home sales etc.

Great to hear the CiTY will flip the bill, The project for the CITY is already 4 times over budget. Nice to see someone is looking out for the cause,,,,

if you want to make a development then do your Do diligent and be professional about your vision,

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
When we bought our house in 2001 everyone was saying the lots will be gone in 5 years! Still a lot of empty lots. Right behind us in a big canyon in Henderson is a project called Black Rock with about 200 homes. The project is about 2 years old which includes all the dirt work has 9 homes left to sell. Yes the big guys could build it prett quickly. Pardee homes is the builder here in Henderson.
I am wondering if that’s the same outfit that came in and leveled a bunch of land in Golden Valley out by Kingman and then the whole thing went belly up for several reasons one I believe was lack of sufficient water. All I know is somebody put a ton of money into grading land and they built a few Models and then closed up shop. That may have been around 2008 or 2009 when the economy took a hit. Keep wondering if that will ever amount to anything.

Don’t remember the name of the outfit but I thought it started with a P.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
My guess is the no wake zone buoys will be pushed out further and eventually all along the entrance to the Rivera marina. It’ll choke down the waterways in that section.

Development is great, but I am less enthusiastic about it in Lake Havasu. Especially something of this magnitude.

the great divide is gonna become more and more apparent as Havasu progresses....locals VS weekend warriors...the window of Tuesday thru Thursday , which is the locals perfered..leaving holidays and weekends to be the stay away for locals...as with all areas like Havasu,the " I'm in, lock the gate,"..."Havasu's closed,Go home!" , quit building here...is becoming more and more apparent...I'm probley gonna get tar and featherd...but there is a real,"this is paradise!" in havasu...it's called Wednesday!...

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
It's a public lake. If one happens to buy a house or wants to live near it, you get to enjoy the public who choose not to. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

That was absolutely my first thought when this whole thing started was how it'll affect the lake just outside the new ramps. Boaters coming out of there into cross traffic high speed zone. I foresee new regulations in that area at some point.
In all honestly, "exclusive communities" have never been my cup of tea.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That was absolutely my first thought when this whole thing started was how it'll affect the lake just outside the new ramps. Boaters coming out of there into cross traffic high speed zone. I foresee new regulations in that area at some point.
In all honestly, "exclusive communities" have never been my cup of tea.

Windsor is already pretty similar. On a busy weekend there is a ton of traffic at speed in front of the no wake zone with boats coming and going.

sirbob

Reaction score
If you think about how long these projects have been going on and still not done.
1. Refuge
2. Havasu Foothills
3. Sailing Hawks
4. Havasu Mall

Maybe this is normal for this type of town.

That’s normal for any type of town.

The bunch of Debbie Downers around here on this sort of thing have no FN idea what they are even talking about. Nobody ever built a project like this in a couple of years.

I don’t care who or where we are talking about.

I’ve posted it before but the large scale civic projects always take at least a decade and usually more like 2 before they would be considered part of the fabric of the town they are in - and that’s not saying done or built out - just get to the level that people think of them as not being a new project.

In south orange county alone very large scale development is min 10 years and more like 20.

Dana Strand - min 20
San Clemente outlets - min 20
Ladera Ranch - 10/15
Rancho Mission Viejo - 15

Etc -

This project in Havasu is right on track and moving along at the normal pace for any large scale civic project - nothing worse than hearing people talk about shit when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Thank you well done waiting for the opening if done in my life time or not at least the kids can enjoy

TCHB

Reaction score
That’s normal for any type of town.

The bunch of Debbie Downers around here on this sort of thing have no FN idea what they are even talking about. Nobody ever built a project like this in a couple of years.

I don’t care who or where we are talking about.

I’ve posted it before but the large scale civic projects always take at least a decade and usually more like 2 before they would be considered part of the fabric of the town they are in - and that’s not saying done or built out - just get to the level that people think of them as not being a new project.

In south orange county alone very large scale development is min 10 years and more like 20.

Dana Strand - min 20
San Clemente outlets - min 20
Ladera Ranch - 10/15
Rancho Mission Viejo - 15

Etc -

This project in Havasu is right on track and moving along at the normal pace for any large scale civic project - nothing worse than hearing people talk about shit when they have no idea what they are talking about.
How many homes we talking about on the Havasu project??

Havalife

Reaction score
I have no idea - 1000?

This is not Mission Viejo, Foothill Ranch, Portolla Hills, Dana Pointe, Laguna Niguel. I hope a real developer comes in and buys it. I just hate seeing the city have money out and no road to get a return.
I had a lot to do with development and planning in the areas I stated above along with Oceanside, Menifee, San Jacinto, Coto De Caza and many more.
Projects can be developed quickly if proper development planning and financing are in place. Development planning can take a long time but not a lot of money, development takes the money.
This project has been talked about for many years, same with the drag racing track.

sirbob

Reaction score
This is not Mission Viejo, Foothill Ranch, Portolla Hills, Dana Pointe, Laguna Niguel. I hope a real developer comes in and buys it. I just hate seeing the city have money out and no road to get a return.
I had a lot to do with development and planning in the areas I stated above along with Oceanside, Menifee, San Jacinto, Coto De Caza and many more.
Projects can be developed quickly if proper development planning and financing are in place. Development planning can take a long time but not a lot of money, development takes the money.
This project has been talked about for many years, same with the drag racing track.

I hate to see a town be out money also, however it is a long term investment in their tax base.

My point is these projects often take a long time to come to fruition. While I’m sure there are some stories of everything going perfect and having no delays - it’s not unusual to see a project come to life in the way this one has...

An idea and some money / stalled by needing approvals from agencies that don’t see the project the way the developer does / followed by the need for new money to come along / through in an economic cycle when money sits on the sideline / and more new money to make it look like it’s been there all along.

Projects of this scale are not usually 1 developer sitting around with cash for the whole thing. Lots of different builders and developers come in with money to make it a reality.

I don't see the drag strip being anything like this project. Apples and oranges in my mind.

Singleton

Reaction score
When I was there they said the passes wouldn’t work. Being it is a state launch ramp I’m not sure if that is realistic or not.

I remember reading, State Park pass will get you into the new state park area of the Riveria development, but the concessionaire has right to charge an additional fee for launch ramp.

Example
State Park entrance fee = 20
Launch ramp fee = 25

If you have AZ state park pass, you pay 25. No AZ state park pass, you pay 45

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I remember reading, State Park pass will get you into the new state park area of the Riveria development, but the concessionaire has right to charge an additional fee for launch ramp.

Example
State Park entrance fee = 20
Launch ramp fee = 25

If you have AZ state park pass, you pay 25. No AZ state park pass, you pay 45

FWIW I don’t even know why they would charge an extra uplift now if there is nothing else there.

If the uplift is too much it will limit the clientele down there quite a bit.

2Driver

Reaction score
If they can build out that residential project and add a massive launch facility it would be awesome, perhaps even double the number of boats that can get on the lake. After that the city can set a new goal of doubling that.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I am wondering if that’s the same outfit that came in and leveled a bunch of land in Golden Valley out by Kingman and then the whole thing went belly up for several reasons one I believe was lack of sufficient water. All I know is somebody put a ton of money into grading land and they built a few Models and then closed up shop. That may have been around 2008 or 2009 when the economy took a hit. Keep wondering if that will ever amount to anything.

Rhodes.
Now some of it is farmed. Kingman farms, or something like that.

Dan'l

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Rhodes.
Now some of it is farmed. Kingman farms, or something like that.

Dan'l
Yes, you’re right it was Rhodes, well I guess an R sort of looks like a P. LOL

Haven’t been back on Aztec Road for quite a few years. I might have to drive through there one of these days take a look around.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yes, you’re right it was Rhodes, well I guess an R sort of looks like a P. LOL

Haven’t been back on Aztec Road for quite a few years. I might have to drive through there one of these days take a look around.

Yup that's Rhodes middle finger to Kingman and Mohave County --- "You might stop me from building homes, but AZ will let me pump as much water as I'm able to feed horses"
AZ state priorities: (Actual order a guess-timate :p)
1. Mining
2. Hunting & fishing
3. Cattle
4. Agriculture
5. Tourism
6. Fish and Amphibians
7. A few other things
8. Residents (People)

boater250s

Reaction score
7C165270-68DE-4615-A9C1-8AA5ED9C306B.jpeg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
If they can build out that residential project and add a massive launch facility it would be awesome, perhaps even double the number of boats that can get on the lake. After that the city can set a new goal of doubling that.
You don't live in Havasu do you!!!!

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score

Here is info on that nuckel head

https://kdminer.com/news/2013/jun/12/farm-going-in-at-former-golden-valley-development

Waterheater

Reaction score
I never understood why Havasu doesn't have the tire barriers like Powell and Mead. Especially Nautical, with all the damage from the storms blowing through. They would stop that completely. Put a line of them in front of the Riviera and you would never have to worry about wakes or storms.

hallett21

Reaction score
I never understood why Havasu doesn't have the tire barriers like Powell and Mead. Especially Nautical, with all the damage from the storms blowing through. They would stop that completely. Put a line of them in front of the Riviera and you would never have to worry about wakes or storms.

@BoatCop

I’m sure money and red tape are the issue. Maybe boat cop can enlighten.

Taboma

Reaction score

That article was originally published in 13', by 14' things weren't going quite so well with his partnership.
Also mentions how he claimed he was going to use water saving methods, then didn't.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/rhodes-northwestern-arizona-farm-becomes-partnership/

My only concern, although my well is at a much higher elevation, depleting the aquifer under Red Lake and that valley could have a negative impact on mine and my neighbor's wells.

Tank

Reaction score
They won't be able to get the forklift anywhere near the water at this at rate

Is that the rack storage building I see in the digital rendering?! LOL Gonna want that next to the water if that's what it is. That's a long drive!!