WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
There is one realtor that has a invester spread out it’s going to be a shit show when it hits

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
If you could pick up 2 of the front row lots for a decent discount you could build a nice place with a view that really can’t be beat in all of Havi.

Reactions: DWC

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Of course you can exceed 600V underground. We spent years retrofitting all the electrical substations on the various military bases in San Diego with all new 12KV 3 phase primary run UG. In fact their systems are all done in a loop, so it can be fed in either direction in case of a fault.
Most all subdivsions in So Cal built in the last 20 years are all supplied off 12 or 5KV primary run UG between distributed padmounted transformers.
I know in places utilities have much higher voltages run UG, but 12KV and 5KV I believe are what you'll find in most housing developments.

My only real experience with this utility type medium voltage was on Government installations. For large housing and golf course developments, we ran the conduits and set the manholes and Xformer pads, SCE installed the cable and set the transformers.
I'm sure we've got a few utility guys on here that can add to or correct me.

I was going to add, my little rural area where we even own the roads was developed in the mid-70's, all our SDG&E primary is 5KV and not only UG, but direct burial 🤯
You best get a locator or that shovels is going to vaporize ☠
In reading through this I had to comment since i have quite a bit of trans/dist experience in Havasu. Just a rough estimate in infrastructure basing every home equipped with a 120/240-400 amp panel even though the majority will never use that much and a marina that probably will run on 277/480, it would be fed off a 3 phase 12kv sys and based off location i am guessing a small substation tapped of the 69kv. The electrical is going to be a huge upfront cost to the builder/developer and digging for the underground is extremely difficult right there. The key to cost reduction is to run overhead as far ass poss before going ug. Someone here talked about Okonite and yes Okonite UG cable would be used, jacketed in conduit. Okonite high-voltage cable is the standard for Unisource as is Southwire for OH conductors. When I assisted Unisource with the new steel transmission line 5ish yrs ago near there after the mega storm/blo down, some of the pole and foundation holes took 2 days to drill with a cat reedrill. The GM of operations there in Kingman and Havasu is a friend of mine and he knows his shit and whatever they do, there will be a plentiful power resource for that development. It just will not be cheap. Just had to put on my hardhat for a moment and share that for anyone that gives a shit. Lol

Last edited:

MooreMoney

Reaction score
The garage tuck under houses are very expensive to build. I got quoted 350-400 per sq foot for garage tuck under house.

I’ll admit the views can’t be beat but the build costs are going to be very high.

If you could pick up 2 of the front row lots for a decent discount you could build a nice place with a view that really can’t be beat in all of Havi.

USMC2010

Reaction score
This was and will always be a horrible, deal. The state should have built the park on its own, then see what happens around it.

DWC

Reaction score
I’ll admit the views can’t be beat but the build costs are going to be very high.
Agree 100%. Duneflyers neighborhood, Refuge with lake view and Riviera would be tough to beat.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Yep, the state is doing a great job at Cattail Cove.

This made me spit my drink.......
We have launched at Cattail at least 50 times over the past 5 years and every time we ask about the project and progress as a running family joke.

DWC

Reaction score
Says the guy with a view that’s tough to beat! 😉
I’m not complaining at all and we’re not looking to move. Riviera when it’s done is gonna beat when it’s done. Don’t know how loud it’ll be with the condos, hotel, marina and launch traffic but it’ll be cool. I’ve wanted to retire on a golf course for 20+ years. If i could keep the view and watch some golfers hack around it would be awesome.

Tank

Reaction score
Progress

FCEA2A99-06EE-4834-960C-D31C1CE1CCDF.jpeg
27858C17-6DAD-41DB-AE46-758E8F954C43.jpeg

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I’m gonna send that opportunity to a friend of mine that moved to Havasu six months ago. She was the assistant manager of the San Diego yacht club for the last decade and move to Havasu to take care of her parents. It’s looks like a perfect fit.

TCHB

Reaction score
I’m not complaining at all and we’re not looking to move. Riviera when it’s done is gonna beat when it’s done. Don’t know how loud it’ll be with the condos, hotel, marina and launch traffic but it’ll be cool. I’ve wanted to retire on a golf course for 20+ years. If i could keep the view and watch some golfers hack around it would be awesome.
ED533D43-E55D-4C65-B9C4-88DAD3B7763B.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Beautiful view and not in the fairway. Guessing you don’t get too many balls in the backyard. 👍😬

We lived on a course in Atl. When we bought i didn’t want to be short left or medium/long right. We ended up right next to the ladies tee box figuring we were safe. I was shocked at how many times the house was nailed. I hit a snap hook with the best of them. These were ridiculously left. Also got to see just how bad the average golfer was. It was a short, 3 shot par 5. Creek and pond ran the entire hole. Fairway wood, 7 iron, wedge.. Nope, 95% grabbed driver and blew it in the creek right or trees left. If they hit it down the middle it would have been in the creek there. Great times on the deck with a beer..

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
What is a “Licensed Recreational Boat Captain”? Does such a license exist?

Last edited:

Groper

Reaction score
What is a “Licensed Recreational Boat Captain”? Does such a license exist?
Yes,

and

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yes,

and

USCG is the only authority which issues licenses. There are 2 divisions of CG Captains licenses. 1) The smallest is commonly known as a 6 Pack Captain's license. This allows a person to carry up to 6 paying passengers, plus crew, on uninspected vessels up to 100 tons. 2) The next USCG designation is a Master's license to carry more than 6 paying passengers, plus crew, on inspected/uninspected vessels of 20, 50 or 100 gross tons.

The CG Auxillary has no authority to issue licenses or enforce USCG rules and regulations. CG Auxillary may inform, suggest and provide courtesy topside inspections, when permitted by the operator of the other vessel. They have no authority to board your vessel. Their courtesy inspections may be declined.

At this time, there is no licensed issued or required to operate a recreational vessel, as long as they are not carrying paying passengers.

Last edited:

Groper

Reaction score
USCG is the only authority which issues licenses. There are 2 divisions of CG Captains licenses. 1) The smallest is commonly known as a 6 Pack Captain's license. This allows a person to carry up to 6 paying passengers, plus crew, on uninspected vessels up to 100 tons. 2) The next USCG designation is a Master's license to carry more than 6 paying passengers, plus crew, on inspected/uninspected vessels of 20, 50 or 100 gross tons.

The CG Auxillary has no authority to issue licenses or enforce USCG rules and regulations. CG Auxillary may inform, suggest and provide courtesy topside inspections, when permitted by the operator of the other vessel. They have no authority to board your vessel. Their courtesy inspections may be declined.

At this time, there is no licensed issued or required to operate a recreational vessel, as long as they are not carrying paying passengers.
Correct,
On pg.4 of the "Position Summary" it's mentioned as a preferred applicant and does not specify which of the two are preferred I would assume for LHC it would be a 20 ton Lic. to be able to transport more than 6 persons.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Correct,
On pg.4 of the "Position Summary" it's mentioned as a preferred applicant and does not specify which of the two are preferred I would assume for LHC it would be a 20 ton Lic. to be able to transport more than 6 persons.
My impression was, those putting forth preferred requirements for applicants, didn't understand the terms/requirements they were putting forth. For me, that can be a Red Flag kind of thing.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
My impression was, those putting forth preferred requirements for applicants, didn't understand the terms/requirements they were putting forth. For me, that can be a Red Flag kind of thing.
Every employment posting they have on LinkedIn is via third party company/recuriter that is UAE based from the looks of it.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Every employment posting they have on LinkedIn is via third party company/recuriter that is UAE based from the looks of it.
Proof reading of an employment posting by the person responsible can be helpful. Hiring, when conducted by someone who doesn’t have an understanding of the requirements placed upon the applicants, can be a shaky situation. Doesn’t reflect well.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

Reaction score
This looks like a great VRBO setup. Are there any restrictions?

Orange Juice

Reaction score
No sir, it's in the CC&R's. No short term rentals allowed.
That reduces the value, especially since it’s in a vacation town.

I’m sure as soon as the builder is out, the home owners will axe the Short term rental clause. CCR’s are only as good as the voting members.?

The Question is, how long will the builders take to sell out.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
That reduces the value, especially since it’s in a vacation town.

I’m sure as soon as the builder is out, the home owners will axe the Short term rental clause. CCR’s are only as good as the voting members.?

The Question is, how long will the builders take to sell out.
I think it raises the value of the development, as no one wants to have to deal with partying rental neighbors all of the time. Also, I don't think to many homeowners that are spending 2 million plus to build a home in the Riviera are keen to rent their houses out on VRBO.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Lots maybe sold but they are not being built so the 2 million plus people are no where to be found just some everyday guys that bought a lot and thought they would make quick dollar shit I was offered a parcel for 1 million good luck on the build out is the concession open for business no any up dates on the marina opening what have they told homeowners please inform us poor folks

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I think it raises the value of the development, as no one wants to have to deal with partying rental neighbors all of the time. Also, I don't think to many homeowners that are spending 2 million plus to build a home in the Riviera are keen to rent their houses out on VRBO.
All true, but we’re talking Havasu.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Stop signs anything is the marina parking lot have handicapped signs up light post are they lite at night