WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Sunset

Reaction score
The wait is over!

Desert Land Group and Havasu Riviera are happy to announce that Arizona State Parks and Havasu Riviera Marina, LLC have signed the consent agreement, a term of the original contract, to move the Havasu Riviera State Park and Marina project forward!

We are beyond excited to be moving forward with the construction and development of the Havasu Riviera State Park and Marina, along with the Havasu Riviera Resort Community! We are committed to bringing you a new centerpiece for the community and to create a new lifestyle standard for activity, recreation and living for residents and visitors of Lake Havasu City!

HCP3

Reaction score
How about a Construction timeline schedule ? Typically all funding sources go by them.

I didn't read anything about funding. Just that they agreed to disagree.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Blah blah blah! It’s been well over a year that I’ve been hearing home sites will be available. Probably a lot of red tape with the city dragging ass. Hopefully this project doesn’t get hit with a recession in the middle of the beginning phases with all the delays over the last 1.5 years

Singleton

Reaction score
Ramp was supposed to be open for Desert Storm 2017.
It will be another few years until that marina is useable. My money is 2020 maybe we see ramp access with paved parking around 2022.
Just another Havasu developers example of over promising and under delivering on projects.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Blah blah blah! It’s been well over a year that I’ve been hearing home sites will be available. Probably a lot of red tape with the city dragging ass. Hopefully this project doesn’t get hit with a recession in the middle of the beginning phases with all the delays over the last 1.5
years

It will already be hit by recession. The runway to develop the area before the next recession hits is shortening daily. They would need to have already broken ground a year ago.

They still don’t yet have a buyer for the bulk land parcels from what I’ve seen. The land is going to change hands several times before anyone will be able to “buy” a lot. You’ve seen how slow every other development in Havasu takes to get off the ground...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It will already be hit by recession. The runway to develop the area before the next recession hits is shortening daily. They would need to have already broken ground a year ago.

They still don’t yet have a buyer for the bulk land parcels from what I’ve seen. The land is going to change hands several times before anyone will be able to “buy” a lot. You’ve seen how slow every other development in Havasu takes to get off the ground...

I put on rdp several weeks ago what you are reading above. It came down to the new AZ parks director signing off on a document that would notify the bank if payments were defaulted in so the bank could protect its assets. If they had that clause then the bank will loan to move forward.

In between that actually happening for the bank to loan the $$ or not, word on the street is parcel 1 is under Contract now. (Meaning they sold it privately)

I am unclear if they will be Pursuing financing or not from the bank now that possible $$ is being brought into the project independently. I can ask though.

I am happy things are moving forward in any regard though and am very much looking forward to watching it come to life!

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I put on rdp several weeks ago what you are reading above. It came down to the new AZ parks director signing off on a document that would notify the bank if payments were defaulted in so the bank could protect its assets. If they had that clause then the bank will loan to move forward.

In between that actually happening for the bank to loan the $$ or not, word on the street is parcel 1 is under Contract now.. I am unclear if they will be Pershing financing or not from the bank now that possible $$ is being brought into the project independently. I can ask though.

I am happy things are moving forward in any regard though and am very much looking forward to watching it come to life!

RD

That is a cool development. I know it is not if, but when it starts building out.

If the timing and price is right, I might buy some dirt. Every investor/developer I’ve talked to paints a drawn out picture and shrugs their shoulders lol.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Any WAG on the price of the land? Might not be a bad idea to drop earnest money down knowing the build may take up to one year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any WAG on the price of the land? Might not be a bad idea to drop earnest money down knowing the build may take up to one year.

From what I understand the person or people that purchased parcel 1 intend on building it out themselves. I am not sure if they will be offering lots in there, or if they will build a series of homes and sell the houses to finance building the rest etc.

More information should be available soon.

Tank

Reaction score
I think it's a double edge sword. I love big projects like this. Watching them come to life and all the cool amenities that come with this project are bitchen (marina). When done it's truly going to be amazing. But on the flip side, the traffic and congestion and people it's going to bring to a town that is already seemingly bulging at the seems....ugh. If I lived there, I would be very apprehensive of it. Lots of pros and cons but you can't stop progress or change. I suppose I just don't want the little town I fell in love with in the 90's to be gone but in the end, its already happening.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
I think it's a double edge sword. I love big projects like this. Watching them come to life and all the cool amenities that come with this project are bitchen (marina). When done it's truly going to be amazing. But on the flip side, the traffic and congestion and people it's going to bring to a town that is already seemingly bulging at the seems....ugh. If I lived there, I would be very apprehensive of it. Lots of pros and cons but you can't stop progress or change. I suppose I just don't want the little town I feel in love with in the 90's to be gone but in the end, its already happening.

Might help the trailering boat traffic. Folks on the south side will use this new ramp and north will use Windsor. Could reduce all the traffic from the south side heading to Windsor and/or marina.

Tank

Reaction score
Might help the trailering boat traffic. Folks on the south side will use this new ramp and north will use Windsor. Could reduce all the traffic from the south side heading to Windsor and/or marina.
Yea, I'm sure it'll break that up a bit. 3 decent launch ramps to choose from in a close proximity will be nice. I always like using cat tail though.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It will be nice having another ramp there to distribute traffic. I like Cattail with my G23 Nautique so I can access the South end of lake and not have to disrupt water to get there.

Solid play right there.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Californification of Havasu is what I feel this project is doing. More or less it will lessen the small town feel that attracted me to Havasu in the first place.
I'm not against progress, that is inevitable, but holy hell lets not turn our slice of paradise into the next Temecula(formerly known as Rancho California).

outboardrick

Reaction score
I would caution anyone looking into Phase 1 of this project, the next phases will run right over whatever you were promised or expected the completed project to be. Anyone here live in Sailing Hawks?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
It’s a little different then sailing hawks it supported by the state and city it my take sometime move but not much land on the water

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Californification of Havasu is what I feel this project is doing. More or less it will lessen the small town feel that attracted me to Havasu in the first place.
I'm not against progress, that is inevitable, but holy hell lets not turn our slice of paradise into the next Temecula(formerly known as Rancho California).

If the past is an indicator of future, this project is going to take over a decade to come to any sort of fruition.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If the past is an indicator of future, this project is going to take over a decade to come to any sort of fruition.
By then you'll be cruising the 90hp pontoon and won't even need rack storage. Barnicle scraping is cheap in comparison:D lol

TCHB

Reaction score
If you think about how long these projects have been going on and still not done.
1. Refuge
2. Havasu Foothills
3. Sailing Hawks
4. Havasu Mall

Maybe this is normal for this type of town.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If you think about how long these projects have been going on and still not done.
1. Refuge
2. Havasu Foothills
3. Sailing Hawks
4. Havasu Mall

Biggest difference with Riviera vs the others is lake access.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
1. Refuge
2. Havasu Foothills
3. Sailing Hawks
4. Havasu Mall

Exactly.. it is the norm. There are still spaces available in all of those areas. All were supposed to bring a new level of luxury and prestige lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Biggest difference with Riviera vs the others is lake access.

True, but is you can’t store your boat at your house, you still have some access constraints, regardless of rack storage.

I’m sure there will be all manner of house types down there though.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
There is access to the lake payed for buy tax payers other developers just bought land and hope for home to be built great location

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
1. Refuge
2. Havasu Foothills
3. Sailing Hawks
4. Havasu Mall

It’s kind of been the norm for the 30 years I’ve been here, they’re always talking about running out of space yet we have vacant lots all throughout the city. It’s not like were in Southern California or Phoenix, the growth is going to be slow here. We are too far away from “civilization” for the big money players that can come in and complete an entire project and wait to make their money. I am actually amazed things are moving along as fast as they are, I’ve seen it a hell of a lot slower.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
True, but is you can’t store your boat at your house, you still have some access constraints, regardless of rack storage.

I’m sure there will be all manner of house types down there though.

Why would you not be able to store a boat at your house? Almost all of parcel 1 is designed to be tuck under RV garages.

There was only one parcel where the hills would make it a bit weird and they were planning on putting a storage building down in the valley there as well if I remember right. Of course I suppose that is up to whomever starts building that area out, but that was the original plan.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why would you not be able to store a boat at your house? Almost all of parcel 1 is designed to be tuck under RV garages.

There was only one parcel where the hills would make it a bit weird and they were planning on putting a storage building down in the valley there as well if I remember right. Of course I suppose that is up to whomever starts building that area out, but that was the original plan.

You are dialed in then. I was thinking of that “weird” area, and had heard there would be various types of homes throughout.

This is a general question/thought but aside from the possible view, I don’t quite understand the draw of being close to the ramp at Havasu. By the time I hook up the boat and drive to the ramp, if it is 2 a minute or 10 minute drive that does not bother me. And if you need gas or food or beer, you still need to make the same stops.

The Riviera may be the exception to this thought, we will see what actually gets built where.

hallett21

Reaction score
You are dialed in then. I was thinking of that “weird” area, and had heard there would be various types of homes throughout.

This is a general question/thought but aside from the possible view, I don’t quite understand the draw of being close to the ramp at Havasu. By the time I hook up the boat and drive to the ramp, if it is 2 a minute or 10 minute drive that does not bother me. And if you need gas or food or beer, you still need to make the same stops.

The Riviera may be the exception to this thought, we will see what actually gets built where.

Ive noticed a lot of post on here about commuting to the lake.

I agree with you though. If I have to get in the truck 5mins or 20mins doesn't matter to me. Girls always need to stop somewhere and I only get gas at parker oil or airport so it is what it is.

Some people really want to be 10 mins or less to the ramp

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

The rack storage facility has a contract with Parker Oil Fuel trucks. You will be fine - they can even refuel you in your garage if you pull your boat out just past the threshold.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The rack storage facility has a contract with Parker Oil Fuel trucks. You will be fine - they can even refuel you in your garage if you pull your boat out just past the threshold.

Past the threshold of sanity? :)

Reactions: SJP