WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This whole project started too late. Won’t get off the ground at all

I can not believe that the "Place" up river that Stacy has listed has not sold. Plenty of room, no neighbors, private ramp, landscaped and move In ready. That stretch of River is great. When comparing Pros and Cons this home is IMO The Deal. The Rivera is going to be a Construction Zone for years and some time before the relaxing great neighborhood that I am sure it will become.

Joker

Reaction score
I can not believe that the "Place" up river that Stacy has listed has not sold. Plenty of room, no neighbors, private ramp, landscaped and move In ready. That stretch of River is great. When comparing Pros and Cons this home is IMO The Deal. The Rivera is going to be a Construction Zone for years and some time before the relaxing great neighborhood that I am sure it will become.
I’d look at buying on the river but dealing with insects making it miserable to be outside at night is a turn off. Same reason we passed on Los Lagos.

hallett21

Reaction score
I’d look at buying on the river but dealing with insects making it miserable to be outside at night is a turn off. Same reason we passed on Los Lagos.

Aw man really? Even water front they are bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The Marina View neighborhood in the Riviera has all utilities and infrastructure installed and all lot's are build ready. There are a few houses already in plan check and you will see those break ground in the next month or so. My plans are at the structural engineer and I should be submitting to the city the end of this month with the goal of breaking ground in mid December.

The Marina grading is complete and they are installing all of the utilities as we speak. I would expect the paving of the marina to be complete in the next three months, which would allow the use of the launch ramps that are already in place.

The next neighborhood Wren Cove is finished graded and will be coming up for sale shortly. It will be a more affordable neighborhood and will not cost nearly as much to build as the 2 level lot's in the Marina View neighborhood.

The third neighborhood grading has already started and will come on the market sometime next year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is the launch ramp finished are The slips out floating

launch ramp has been done for over a year.. I have no idea when the slips will be floating. Craig Reynolds was originally going to do the marina but he pulled out of the project.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Was really into it. Went and met the nicest people ... Looked at Marina View , but didn’t like the up /down home layout ... looked at Wren Cove ... very nice ... but by the time u are done building , pool , hard scrape etc ...it’s $1.5 ... minimum ... maybe less if ur in the biz ... thought about living with the construction going on for the next 10 years ... geez ... love the place and smoking views ... but at $1.5 ... IMHO about $300K high for the Havasu market ... could be a very long time to break on a resale ... but when done ... it will be the place to be ... drive ur golf cart down to the restaurant and bar ... so many cool things . I’ll probably look back 5 years from now and say “ dang ... maybe we shoulda done it 🍹”.

Im kicking myself m.. when I worked there, the initial lot values were 140k! And they were willing to sell builder packs for that.. Then they were 230 shortly their after.. then they got the appraisal and holy shitballs..

RD

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Im kicking myself m.. when I worked there, the initial lot values were 140k! And they were willing to sell builder packs for that.. Then they were 230 shortly their after.. then they got the appraisal and holy shitballs..

RD

Had you bought some lot's at 140K you would had a brand new baller pontoon for free with plenty of coin leftover!🤔

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
The package that I had seen was 1 parcel 8 lots 1.2 for that block let’s get building what builder is building your home

franky

Reaction score
Sounds like the Golden Shores deal around 2008.Big money for dirt and a project that died at this level

RD
Dave, why don’t you work there any more?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
part of the concession, I’m not sure how the profits are divided up

Saw a prior post which stated a purchased annual State Launch Permit would get you through the gate, but you'd still have to pay an additional fee to launch at that ramp on State land. WTF? Is there any way you could responsibly offer a final reply to this often questioned situation.

Last edited:

BSP14

Curious Nonproducer
Reaction score
Here’s the short version of the financial agreement as reported in the Havasu News Herald in November, 2019:

The state park is being developed and run by Havasu Riviera Marina, LLC., which is a partnership of Desert Land Group and Komick Enterprises. They will receive more than 90% of the state park’s profit for the next 38 years, amounting to an estimated total of $13 million being returned to the state by 2057, before the state will take full ownership of the park land.

When asked if the Arizona State Parks annual passes will be accepted for use at Havasu Riviera, Jim Komick of Komick Enterprises said he “would prefer not to comment,” and added that they “believe it’s been decided.”

Link to full article from November, 2019, updated on January 31, 2020:

The very short version is, “tax payers get screwed (again), developers pocket big profits...”

IMO

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Here’s the short version of the financial agreement as reported in the Havasu News Herald in November, 2019:

The state park is being developed and run by Havasu Riviera Marina, LLC., which is a partnership of Desert Land Group and Komick Enterprises. They will receive more than 90% of the state park’s profit for the next 38 years, amounting to an estimated total of $13 million being returned to the state by 2057, before the state will take full ownership of the park land.

When asked if the Arizona State Parks annual passes will be accepted for use at Havasu Riviera, Jim Komick of Komick Enterprises said he “would prefer not to comment,” and added that they “believe it’s been decided.”

The very short version is, “tax payers get screwed (again), developers pocket big profits...”

IMO

Assume Jim Komick is a major corporate officer in Komick Enterprises. Yet, when questioned about previously purchased AZ State Launch permits he’d “prefer not to answer”, although he “believes it’s been decided”. Ya, that sounds like a squared away multi million dollar operation. ??? Isn’t that another way of saying I Don’t Know?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, why don’t you work there any more?

Someone went to Jim Komick and told him that I had claimed I was the only person that could sell property in the riviera.. whole thing was bizarre? Pretty obvious I wouldn’t say that as when I was working there I worked for Trent, Luke, and about five other guys that had RE licenses... that and I was actually hired as a buying agent anyways not a listing agent..

Anyhow Luke and Michael called me into the office to talk about it and it just wasn’t worth having the conversation so we parted ways on good terms.

worked out well for me in the long run. ;)

franky

Reaction score
Someone went to Jim Komick and told him that I had claimed I was the only person that could sell property in the riviera.. whole thing was bizarre? Pretty obvious I wouldn’t say that as when I was working there I worked for Trent, Luke, and about five other guys that had RE licenses... that and I was actually hired as a buying agent anyways not a listing agent..

Anyhow Luke and Michael called me into the office to talk about it and it just wasn’t worth having the conversation so we parted ways on good terms.

worked out well for me in the long run. ;)
Hmmm. Didn't Luke leave and then came back?

Singleton

Reaction score

IMO

I still can’t figure out why the developer did not make an effort to get the launch ramp open and get some revenue coming in. I am never one to delay revenue

JFMFG

Reaction score
What’s the over under on the ramp being open this season? 😂

Reactions: DWC

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
I have not been by in a while, any homes start trenching yet?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ramp won’t happen this year, I would be willing to bet no houses go up either

I will bet ya a 100.00 on each, just to make it exciting.. probably break even, but if ya want to do it let me know. Lol

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Well thats a start for sure..

I was there this weekend and saw them forming the footings for an RV garage on one lot.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Well thats a start for sure..
Gonna be a lonely place for a few years until it slowly builds out....but a great place for a raging party....... except for the construction nails in all the guests' tires. I wouldn't recommend RD let Stacy take her car with the tire/nail luck they've had lately.😁
Glad to hear there is progress but also sad to have the added congestion in town😏

Hammer

Reaction score
If the economy tanks due to the election/COVID, a lot of people will be sitting on deprecated dirt that they can’t afford to build on.

I hope that isn’t the case. I’d like to see that place finished.

Singleton

Reaction score
What’s the over under on the ramp being open this season? 😂

Their 2 weeks is worse then RiverDave. When Dave says 2 weeks it is at least done in 2 months.

We are pushing 2 years since ramp was pushed into water and IMO it will be 2022 before the boat uses it

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Gonna be a lonely place for a few years until it slowly builds out....but a great place for a raging party....... except for the construction nails in all the guests' tires. I wouldn't recommend RD let Stacy take her car with the tire/nail luck they've had lately.😁
Glad to hear there is progress but also sad to have the added congestion in town😏

Dave just got her some new Tweels. No more problems and they were installed 30 seconds after he got there!

I think if you buy a lot in the Riviera you get a free set!

Capture.JPG

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave just got her some new Tweels. No more problems and they were installed 30 seconds after he got there!

I think if you buy a lot in the Riviera you get a free set!

View attachment 958529

While they may not be sexy.. they are functional as hell! No more worrying about police spike strips either!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
While they may not be sexy.. they are functional as hell! No more worrying about police spike strips either!

True.

They also ride like garbage and get extremely squarely at highway speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DLC

Reaction score
I was there this weekend and saw them forming the footings for an RV garage on one lot.

that means they got a permitted set of plans! Which is good news everyone can submit and build ! If one can = everyone that bought a lot can build.

they need to open up the signal at the 95! I wanted to take a drive thru and check it out

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If the economy tanks due to the election/COVID, a lot of people will be sitting on deprecated dirt that they can’t afford to build on.

I hope that isn’t the case. I’d like to see that place finished.

Give it a few months and I'm betting you are right. Cheap mortgages are going to go away, and the economy is going to suffer dearly starting in a couple of weeks. Elections have consequences

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The plans for my house in Marina View have been submitted to the city and I am planning on breaking ground in February. There are quite a few other houses in plan check and I think there will be at least 30 home starts this year in the Marina View neighborhood out of 70. Also there will be a lot of home starts in the Wren Cove neighborhood starting in mid to late summer of this year.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Give it a few months and I'm betting you are right. Cheap mortgages are going to go away, and the economy is going to suffer dearly starting in a couple of weeks. Elections have consequences

The majority of the people building in the first two phases of the Riviera could pay cash for their home builds and the economy/interest rates will not have any influence on if the homes get built or not.