• Havasu Lot 2.JPG
    Havasu Lot 2.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 102
  • Havasu Lot 3.JPG
    Havasu Lot 3.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 111

Singleton

Reaction score
Wow, first the boat and now this. You getting another place or taking time away from Havasu

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Code:
Wow, first the boat and now this. You getting another place or taking time away from Havasu

Well the girls are 5 and 9 now and want to ski, tube, wake surf so we are going to try and get closer to the water. Something where we can make a morning run then come back and relax then go back out later, no more all day marathons. Not exactly sure where we'll end up but trying to stay in Havasu or Parker. If the lot doesn't sell then we will just stay where we are at. :)

Chris

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Code:

Well the girls are 5 and 9 now and want to ski, tube, wake surf so we are going to try and get closer to the water. Something where we can make a morning run then come back and relax then go back out later, no more all day marathons. Not exactly sure where we'll end up but trying to stay in Havasu or Parker. If the lot doesn't sell then we will just stay where we are at. :)

Chris

why don't you do the day trip at windsor camp ground... and what are you..1 mile from the water now???

where would you go in havasu closer???

Singleton

Reaction score
Code:

Chris

Wife and I were thinking about the same idea. Decided if we got a RV or 5th Wheel we would try to get a place at the Islander for the summer.

We put the RV thing in hold since we remodeled the Carlsbad house and purchased a RV storage unit in Havasu.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Wife and I were thinking about the same idea. Decided if we got a RV or 5th Wheel we would try to get a place at the Islander for the summer.

We put the RV thing in hold since we remodeled the Carlsbad house and purchased a RV storage unit in Havasu.

where did you buy at????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Code:

Chris

have you launched at windsor with your mo home?

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Something to be said about that. Been up at Moabi on the peninsulas with friends. Stay all day and just go on runs. Foods all there, kids all play together in the sand. Go on long runs with everyone or just take different runs for tubing or boarding etc. Only problem was after dinner we'd have to go back to the house while everyone else was still hanging out.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
why don't you do the day trip at windsor camp ground... and what are you..1 mile from the water now???

where would you go in havasu closer???

Looking at Havasu Palms on Havasu and Pirates Den in Parker for the short term....ultimately we think the Keyes is where we want to be but obviously that's a big jump. Honestly there is nothing wrong with our current set-up, the park is great and it is the most cost effective place around.

Chris

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Looking at Havasu Palms on Havasu and Pirates Den in Parker for the short term....ultimately we think the Keyes is where we want to be but obviously that's a big jump. Honestly there is nothing wrong with our current set-up, the park is great and it is the most cost effective place around.

Chris

I think you have a bitchen set up there that enables you to store lots of stuff.... plus you have the rv to go somewhere's different at will...
still wondering if you have lanched the boat with the MH

Singleton

Reaction score
where did you buy at????

Purchased a 45' storage unit at Empire Storage (behind the old Walmart). HOA is 250 a year and property taxes are under 500. Got tired of my rent increases

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Purchased a 45' storage unit at Empire Storage (behind the old Walmart). HOA is 250 a year and property taxes are under 500. Got tired of my rent increases

how high is the door.... that's about 62.50 per mon... how much was the unit?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
14' high door x 13 wide. Overall unit is 15x45. Total price was 42k.

with out an appreciation factor/// at 5% you are at $237.50 and at 8% you are at $342.50 per mo. sound about right?

that's on real property...
if you figure it like buy'n a boat .. you can loose 75% in 4 years and still be ok..

Singleton

Reaction score
with out an appreciation factor/// at 5% you are at $237.50 and at 8% you are at $342.50 per mo. sound about right?

that's on real property...
if you figure it like buy'n a boat .. you can loose 75% in 4 years and still be ok..

Your numbers sound right, but I paid cash.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
but.... keeping on track and relative... for about 10k more you could live on this for sale lot....

I studied both idea,,, in fact all three ideas and put the sharp pensil to it...storage vs rv lot vs home.....

I ended up with the best way is a van down by the river...:D

Singleton

Reaction score
but.... keeping on track and relative... for about 10k more you could live on this for sale lot....

I studied both idea,,, in fact all three ideas and put the sharp pensil to it...storage vs rv lot vs home.....

I ended up with the best way is a van down by the river...:D

True

The Mock's have a great setup and thought about purchasing in that park last year. If we had an RV already I would be considering this.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
I think you have a bitchen set up there that enables you to store lots of stuff.... plus you have the rv to go somewhere's different at will...
still wondering if you have lanched the boat with the MH

Sorry missed that part....never launched the boat with the RV, in fact never even towed it with the RV. Usually just drive the Rv out in spring, drop it on the lot and launch with the Denali after that. Boat stayed in Havasu year round in storage. If we go full retard and get a wakeboard boat, we will probably tow it home for the winter too. Might even use it locally when we get those 90 degree days in December and March 😛

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Sorry missed that part....never launched the boat with the RV, in fact never even towed it with the RV. Usually just drive the Rv out in spring, drop it on the lot and launch with the Denali after that. Boat stayed in Havasu year round in storage. If we go full retard and get a wakeboard boat, we will probably tow it home for the winter too. Might even use it locally when we get those 90 degree days in December and March 

I'm looking real hard at this....what do you do with the boat???

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
I'm looking real hard at this....what do you do with the boat???

Singleton is correct, we have a 14x45' unit across the street at Havasu RV and Boat storage. When we had the smaller boat we would just leave it on the lot under a two covers. My brother in law in the spot next to ours leaves his on the lot. 24 hour security and lots of neighbors keep an an eye on stuff so it's retry safe. We always planned to put a large cover/awning over the lot in front of the shed to park under. Call Jeff and take a cruise through the park. Lots of good ideas on how people store stuff in the park. Steve if you are really interested let me know and I'll make sure Jeff gives you the RDP discounted price.

Chris

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Bump for the summer. Also available for rent, monthly or several months.

Thanks,

Chris