WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Spring Break - Fizzled?

WinstonP

Reaction score
Has Spring Break in Havasu fizzled out? I’ve been researching what’s going on this year, and it all sounds very scaled back from years prior.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Has Spring Break in Havasu fizzled out? I’ve been researching what’s going on this year, and it all sounds very scaled back from years prior.

yes it has, by design from what I understand

WildWilly

Reaction score
if you look outside of our world, there are so many people that don't want them here and do everything in their power to run them off or make their time miserable. Lots of the promoters got tired of dealing with it, and the declining bookings and moved on.

WinstonP

Reaction score
if you look outside of our world, there are so many people that don't want them here and do everything in their power to run them off or make their time miserable. Lots of the promoters got tired of dealing with it, and the declining bookings and moved on.

Thanks. Bummer. Are any of the other lakes more fun for spring break?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Thanks. Bummer. Are any of the other lakes more fun for spring break?
It might not be as popular as in years past, but a somewhat well behaved person will have no problems here. The water can be a little chill though, depends on what you're used to.;)

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
There is still a Spring Break presence, search on You Tube “Spring Break Havasu 2019”..... Then 2018 and so on. Boom Bandits did a gig in the channel last year. If you call the Nautical I’m sure they’ll have a program for it. There is an advertisement on YT from someone in Havasu about 2020 SB.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It for sure has tamed down since its high in the 90s and 2000s.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The pics from last year showed 8 guys standing on the nautical beach in sweatshirts. Sausage fest. The city realized the expenses to manage the kids was far more than the revenue they bring into the town so the town council decided to not market the city to the promoters any more.

Tank

Reaction score
I don't blame the city and vendors for not wanting a bunch of drunk college kids in town. Historically don't spend as much at business' and cause more problems than they are worth. Seems most popular spring break towns come and go as the feeling is the same everywhere. Drunk kids causing all kinds of issues? No thanks.

With that said, we had some goooooood times at spring break in Havasu in the late 90's. It was on the must do every year boating trip list for a number of years.

PlanB

Reaction score
Went though the channel last year during SB, and it was a handful of sober kids playing cornhole and the water was cold. Did not resemble Havasu spring break back in it's prime.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jason had his stage setup down in the channel and there was a couple hundred kids down there partying.. It isn't anything like it used to be though where tens of thousands descended on the town...

For a town based on tourism, I think it might be a mistake to chase them out of here..

RD

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

SWAT used to do Havasu. Concerts, raves, events, whatever. Without any organization it’s pretty much moved on to other cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SJP

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
When I went to college back in the day, most schools were out for the same week or so. Nowadays every schools spring break is spread out over a almost two month period. The old days of massive spring break parties are long gone. Glad I got to live the era I did.😁

Performance Grips

Reaction score
I think Havasu has jumped the shark and there is no turning back. I've been coming here 30 years have owned a house for over 20years. The cool little town is gone. Government is getting bigger and will soon start infringing on all the things that make it such a great little town. When I saw the Police with bodycam's and heard they were forming a SWAT team I knew the havasu lifestyle would never be the same. Hopefully the city leaders will keep in mind why people come to havasu and won't completely F it up.

WinstonP

Reaction score
I think Havasu has jumped the shark and there is no turning back. I've been coming here 30 years have owned a house for over 20years. The cool little town is gone. Government is getting bigger and will soon start infringing on all the things that make it such a great little town. When I saw the Police with bodycam's and heard they were forming a SWAT team I knew the havasu lifestyle would never be the same. Hopefully the city leaders will keep in mind why people come to havasu and won't completely F it up.
Thanks for the reply. What a bummer.

WinstonP

Reaction score
Jason had his stage setup down in the channel and there was a couple hundred kids down there partying.. It isn't anything like it used to be though where tens of thousands descended on the town...

For a town based on tourism, I think it might be a mistake to chase them out of here..

RD
Thanks a lot for the reply. Really appreciate it. Do you know of any concerts/parties/etc. happening the weekend of March 20th?

TCHB

Reaction score
Spring breakers turn into boaters. We need the young people or the future of boating is much smaller. The average age of someone buying a new boat is in their 50s. When I started boating the age was much younger.

DWC

Reaction score
When I went to college back in the day, most schools were out for the same week or so. Nowadays every schools spring break is spread out over a almost two month period. The old days of massive spring break parties are long gone. Glad I got to live the era I did.😁
This x2. Schools have done a great job spreading it out. The good ole days are gone for good.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Spring breakers turn into boaters. We need the young people or the future of boating is much smaller. The average age of someone buying a new boat is in their 50s. When I started boating the age was much younger.

I have read several reports of the "YOUNGER" generation,LOL!! They do not attend Racing of any kind,Auto,Boat,Airplane and it seems not buying boats and recreational vehicles. I guess Video Games abd Texting is all they Need in their life. :rolleyes:

DWC

Reaction score
I have read several reports of the "YOUNGER" generation,LOL!! They do not attend Racing of any kind,Auto,Boat,Airplane and it seems not buying boats and recreational vehicles. I guess Video Games abd Texting is all they Need in their life. :rolleyes:
Not sure i agree. I can only go by the kids that are in our group. 10 kids in 4 families. 19-24. All love boats and care as much as I did/do. Personally can’t wait to see what they end up with.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Not sure i agree. I can only go by the kids that are in our group. 10 kids in 4 families. 19-24. All love boats and care as much as I did/do. Personally can’t wait to see what they end up with.

WELL!!, I read it on the Internet so just assumed it was true;)

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Times Change. Palm Springs used to be a big thing too back in the day. Last time I stayed there I didn’t see them like years past. Seems the college Kids want to go to warmer places like Aruba, Bahamas, BVI, Miami etc.

D19

Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with residents. All the old people who now reside full time in Havasu had no problem partying there asses off back in the day, but now that they’re old, they want the city to enforce more rules and restrictions. Total BS

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Granted, I’m old now, but I came to Havasu for spring break for the first time in 2004. 22 years old, new truck, new boat, I was living the fucking dream! I fell in love with Havasu that trip, and have been traveling to there ever since. Had to take a few years off when life bitch slapped me back to reality, but the desire to be there never left. I’m a 3-4-5 total times a year visitor now (Still living in Oregon) but that spring break trip 200% shaped me in a LOT of ways!

Tank

Reaction score
Granted, I’m old now, but I came to Havasu for spring break for the first time in 2004. 22 years old, new truck, new boat, I was living the fucking dream! I fell in love with Havasu that trip, and have been traveling to there ever since. Had to take a few years off when life bitch slapped me back to reality, but the desire to be there never left. I’m a 3-4-5 total times a year visitor now (Still living in Oregon) but that spring break trip 200% shaped me in a LOT of ways!

I’m right there with you. First drug my brand new boat to havasu with a new truck in 97 at 22 years old and immediately fell in love and never stopped going.

On the younger boater topic -
Our 26 year old daughter was raised around performance boats and loved them then and loves them now and actually owns 2 scarab CC’s with her fiancé. Our 11 and 6 year olds LOVES performance boats. Boaters beget boaters. The bug is passed on. With that said, 90% of spring breaker college kids don’t care specifically where the party is and it isn’t about boating, it’s about the party. A handful will walk away with an appreciation for boating but they aren’t the ones necessarily that are the future of performance boating.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
well, I see it a whole different way...havasu loves people to visit...the problem is so many won't leave....people are buy'n houses and moving there full time.... no way the city can keep up..havasu has always been come here have your fun, spend some money and go home...

Slick

Reaction score
I don’t see the older people are bothered by the spring breakers. Probably more the cops and the city. I see most park their boat and/or lawn chairs on the London Beach Park side and “People” watch. Hell I even get off my ass and go for a run each day thru the channel😁

Here is the link for spring breakers: https://azspringbreak.com

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with residents. All the old people who now reside full time in Havasu had no problem partying there asses off back in the day, but now that they’re old, they want the city to enforce more rules and restrictions. Total BS
Who you calling old. I think my 1st SB in Havasu was '74. Though I don't party like an animal anymore, still fun to watch. And back in the "old" days we didn't trash every where we went and start fights.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
There’s a whole Lotta old farts that like to go watch the show. Don’t lump them all into the same basket, it’s no different than everybody lumping the young troublemakers into one basket.

“get off my lake sonny” 😝😊

Slick

Reaction score
Who you calling old. I think my 1st SB in Havasu was '74. Though I don't party like an animal anymore, still fun to watch. And back in the "old" days we didn't trash every where we went and start fights.
Calling myself old. Because I have feel like a creeper when they are younger than my kids😬

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I went to college back in the day, most schools were out for the same week or so. Nowadays every schools spring break is spread out over a almost two month period. The old days of massive spring break parties are long gone. Glad I got to live the era I did.[emoji16]
I agree. I know I left a piece of my liver in Copper Canyon back in the day... [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

merc_400r

Reaction score
had some fond memories of spring break in college in havasu

grumpy88

Reaction score
I think a bigger hit to the boating market is the cost of a new or used boat . Then toss in you will shunned if your not in a dcb,nordic,or hallet why would young people get into boating . There was a time 4 kids got in a truck that had the best chance of making it to the river and back towing a 18 jet boat with a 455 olds and had the time of there life . Most kids are not willing to be seen in a " gayliner " or a 70's jet boat any more . I think that will be the biggest decline in boating in my opinion

Tank

Reaction score
The 90’s at the sand bar were the best!
Did someone say, Drildo?! 😳 🤪

Used to love how people would rent those big house boats at Nautical and the first and last thing they say, "don't go to the sandbar!".....Always like 4 houseboats every year at the sandbar. LOL

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I think a bigger hit to the boating market is the cost of a new or used boat . Then toss in you will shunned if your not in a dcb,nordic,or hallet why would young people get into boating . There was a time 4 kids got in a truck that had the best chance of making it to the river and back towing a 18 jet boat with a 455 olds and had the time of there life . Most kids are not willing to be seen in a " gayliner " or a 70's jet boat any more . I think that will be the biggest decline in boating in my opinion

Then they are not true boaters. Some of the best days on the water are in my beat up pontoon boat.

gqchris

Reaction score

Yup, I remember one time in High School we had to share the Starter from the Truck to the Boat once at the lake, and swapped it back to get home! We were too broke to buy another, and we all made it work!

PlanB

Reaction score

Used to love how people would rent those big house boats at Nautical and the first and last thing they say, "don't go to the sandbar!".....Always like 4 houseboats every year at the sandbar. LOL

We were recently talking about the debauchery of the past and why it stopped. I think cell phone cameras were the cause of death. Nobody wants to be put on YouTube doing questionable shit. The stuff that went on at the sand bar and Copper Canyon back in the day was epic. The young boaters have no idea how mellow it is now in comparison.

RDPswagette

Reaction score
check out the event calendar at AZSpringBreak.com

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Everything is different now, we somehow thought it was fine to ride to the river with two folks in lawn chairs sitting in the bed of the truck with a cooler of beer between them, and then when the beer ran out to climb from the moving truck on rice road on to the bow of the boat to get the other cooler in the boat. Kids these days are pussies.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Another thing to consider is they got the boat up there from havasu. Yet people can’t navigate a 20 something foot boat through the same channel without hitting reeds or getting stuck lol