WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu this weekend

DWC

Reaction score
We’re heading out Thursday afternoon thru Monday. Good news, bad news.

Good news is the wind is going to be pretty mild all weekend. Bad new is it’s going to be hot as balls. Looks like plenty of time in the water
16BCCDB1-F4B5-4E8B-AA60-605940A48AEE.jpeg
84AD6B48-549E-43FE-82CA-79A4A99342CF.jpeg

waterboy

PONTOON MEMBER
Reaction score
And with bullhead closing ramps, are more people gonna go to havasu?

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
And with bullhead closing ramps, are more people gonna go to havasu?
I’m guessing yes, but not that many more. Probably more going farther up or to Jack Smith than all the way to Havasu.

DWC

Reaction score
I’m going. I’m not launching. Too hot.
prob sit at the pool or a bar a wipe boogers all over, then cough up a lung on someone
So mostly normal weekend. :D We’re hitting the water early. Hide in Steamboat until afternoon and then the pool. Been searching for patio umbrellas for near the pool. Figure we’ll buy a little shade.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Are restaurants closing there with all the rise of covid shit or is that fake news.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are restaurants closing there with all the rise of covid shit or is that fake news.

Everywhere I went yesterday was closed.

I saw cars at Blondies but didn’t go in.
Even the Nautical had masks signs up and 6’ distancing. I did not go in.

Singleton

Reaction score
well when everything closes you can Goto LBR.. lol. It’s run by the mayor and seems to be immune from all the hysteria going on?

Still blows my mind everyone closes when LBR stays open.

I am hearing rumor with restaurants closing was due to health inspector or delivery or customers might have tested positive.
Boathouse Grill had to go through a huge deep clean and was able reopen a few days later, but they emptied the place, cleaned interior and exterior areas before reopening

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Last couple days have been hot, but the breeze made it pretty nice. Water temp is great and no humidity.

spark2678

Reaction score
Accuweather showing record heat Sunday at 122.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I guess I only have to pack shorts for my travels. if i wear anything more might kill me of heatstroke. LOL. I hope that there is at least one place open to feed this fat body. LOL

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Be there next week. Looks to be a little better. Anything over 115 and we stay inside.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
It’s going to be hotter than the surface of the sun, I suggest everyone stay home, enjoy your air conditioning.

Last edited:

Socalx09

Reaction score
Is Windsor still packed before 9am? Couldn’t get a slip this weekend and haven’t launched out of Windsor yet this season. Really wishing the pool was done right now with the heat!

DLC

Reaction score
So mostly normal weekend. :D We’re hitting the water early. Hide in Steamboat until afternoon and then the pool. Been searching for patio umbrellas for near the pool. Figure we’ll buy a little shade.

you can zip tie / hose clamp 1inch pvc pipe To ez up Legs for leg extensigns so 2 legs can be in the pool And 2 legs on the patio deck
great shade for beers drinking!

6BD0BFFD-720D-441C-A821-640AC065D197.jpeg

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Be there next week. Looks to be a little better. Anything over 115 and we stay inside.

Same game plan here! This is the time of year we usually head for Lake Powell or Mammoth to escape the 🔥🔥🔥.

DWC

Reaction score
I bought a couple in ground umbrella holders. (The kind they use in pools). I’m going to pour a little concrete in the dirt next to the pool so i can remove/add when needed. Toughest part has been finding umbrellas.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I bought a couple in ground umbrella holders. (The kind they use in pools). I’m going to pour a little concrete in the dirt next to the pool so i can remove/add when needed. Toughest part has been finding umbrellas.
I'm looking for umbrellas too , where did you find yours ? and the ground pole ?

mobldj

Reaction score
we have been in parker on lockdown since mid march.118 this weekend is just to fkn hot so back to moval till october.i have a pool here so f it.

DWC

Reaction score
we have been in parker on lockdown since mid march.118 this weekend is just to fkn hot so back to moval till october.i have a pool here so f it.
Don’t blame you at all. We’ve had it planned with 2 other couples making it tough to back out. Every text i see i figure they’re canceling

DWC

Reaction score
I'm looking for umbrellas too , where did you find yours ? and the ground pole ?
This is what i picked up. Hoping these and some rapid set make quick, easy and hidden stands.
0FC6800F-BB90-4E8E-9E68-148F87E820F9.jpeg

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
You can get a cantilever umbrella. Take the base off and mount it to some steel when you pour the concrete. My buddy did it and it came out bitchen. Mine I just use the base because if where my baja step is
IMG_20200228_170738152_HDR.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
You can get a cantilever umbrella. Take the base off and mount it to some steel when you pour the concrete. My buddy did it and it came out bitchen. Mine I just use the base because if where my baja step is View attachment 897160
We may still do an offset version. I gotta test it out at 2ish to find the best spot. Either way, turns out shade is a must have!

Reactions: Wmc

charred1

Reaction score
Everywhere I went yesterday was closed.

I saw cars at Blondies but didn’t go in.
Even the Nautical had masks signs up and 6’ distancing. I did not go in.
Just got back from staying at Nautical for 5 days. The wet bar was closed and they asked that there would be no gatherings greater than 10 people in the restaurant and pool area. All the employees were masked up, along with a handful of guests. I didn’t have a mask to wear and was never hassled for it.

Joker

Reaction score
Just got back from staying at Nautical for 5 days. The wet bar was closed and they asked that there would be no gatherings greater than 10 people in the restaurant and pool area. All the employees were masked up, along with a handful of guests. I didn’t have a mask to wear and was never hassled for it.
I hope Alan doesn’t find you

charred1

Reaction score
I hope Alan doesn’t find you
Phuck him! Driving out to Havasu we got passed by a shit ton Az plated cars/trucks (loaded down with their SUPs and beach cruisers) between San Diego and El Centro on Sunday morning, July 5. Good for them, I hope they enjoyed their time in Cali!!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
well when everything closes you can Goto LBR.. lol. It’s run by the mayor and seems to be immune from all the hysteria going on?

Still blows my mind everyone closes when LBR stays open.
LBR - Totally agree. Really can’t say it’s amazing. It’s just too friggin’ obvious.

Some places are closed because their employees have contacted COVID. In LHC those employees are often family or friends.