Havasu to Alamo Lake...

01erionracing

Reaction score
Recon 250.jpg
Can Honda Recon 250 make it?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Just about a week to go for this trip.

Just a recap two spots at Alamo lake campgrounds.

We are meeting at the human bean @8:30 leaving at 9:00 am az time. Run is 90 miles give or take one way!

If you want to gps route I have put together please pm me your email address. I believe we have 5-6 people going!

Bpracing
River Dave
Dirt bag
WMC?

Any others I missed?

01erionracing

Reaction score
I'd like to make this run as well and have 2 options either my Honda quad Recon 250 or my Huqsvarna TE250, which the quad I can carry more camping gear and which the motorcycle not much thing that I can carry.
What's do you think my best option here?

Bpracing
River Dave
Dirt bag
WMC?
01erionracing (Jimmy)

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I'd like to make this run as well and have 2 options either my Honda quad Recon 250 or my Huqsvarna TE250, which the quad I can carry more camping gear and which the motorcycle not much thing that I can carry.
What's do you think my best option here?

Bpracing
River Dave
Dirt bag
WMC?
01erionracing (Jimmy)

Well this is a 90 mile ride through sandy washes fire roads and misc trails maybe some light rock crawling areas. I think either way your biggest concerns are fuel. Can you make it on fuel in either? I want to say the bike as it’s plenty fast but the quad is more practical for a overnight trip. I would carry some of your gear, but I am already overfull and need a couple of items to be carried by other members.

Is anyone else riding a bike for this ride?

Patyacht

Reaction score
Well this is a 90 mile ride through sandy washes fire roads and misc trails maybe some light rock crawling areas. I think either way your biggest concerns are fuel. Can you make it on fuel in either? I want to say the bike as it’s plenty fast but the quad is more practical for a overnight trip. I would carry some of your gear, but I am already overfull and need a couple of items to be carried by other members.

Is anyone else riding a bike for this ride?
They have fuel at Wayside right next to the park.

01erionracing

Reaction score
My bike can run 120+ miles full tank confirmed and I think the quad can do the same. I also have 2x rotopax 1.75 g that I can bring for spare.
BPracing you are correct with the quad I can carry more camping gear and beverage but will be slower.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Anyone else getting butterfly's about this thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What do you mean about butterfly’s? Like excited to go and can’t wait? Then he’ll ya been ready for two plus weeks now

Shortdeck

Reaction score
What do you mean about butterfly’s? Like excited to go and can’t wait? Then he’ll ya been ready for two plus weeks now

IDK. I guess I could go either way. I gotta prep this week. Im not excited about that. [emoji12]

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
5 days until the trip

Let’s get an official roll call from everyone who is going

Bpracing
River Dave
Dirtbag
Shortdeck
Wmc
01erionracing
Who else am I missing ? This will help as we know who is coming and what not

Weather looks to me in mid 80’s during the day and high 50’s for a low.

01erionracing

Reaction score
If my son is going I will take my Gen 1 Tundra then I will have cargo spare just incase someone need to carry extra gas or camping gear.
My plan is to arrive LHC on Friday midnight south side near Sarah park and sleep in the truck.

DLC

Reaction score
I’m in!!! I’ll be riding shotgun with Shortdeck... this looks like a great time and can’t wait for Friday

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
GeForce
hplavey
OSB
Pink taco

Where you guys at?

I am coming out to Havasu on Friday and doing a Happy Hour with some real estate agents. Quite a few people I know are going to be in town for the weekend, so I am just going to hang back in town for Saturday and then head home early Sunday morning. Looking forward to hearing a review of the run.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
2 days to go. Is everyone ready? Looks like it will be great weather this weekend. Pm me for my number if you need to reach me that way. I’m in a yellow commander. You can’t miss it

Wendi

Reaction score
5 days until the trip

Let’s get an official roll call from everyone who is going

Bpracing
River Dave
Dirtbag
Shortdeck
Wmc
01erionracing
Who else am I missing ? This will help as we know who is coming and what not

Weather looks to me in mid 80’s during the day and high 50’s for a low.
Wmc is not going.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
See you guys in a few hours. Meeting at human bean off South muculloch and 95. We are meeting at 9:00 am. We are on the “weatherman channel”

2Driver

Reaction score
You guys are going to have a blast. Have fun and post up some pics.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Please post gps map when done. Fun times

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Here at Alamo lake campgrounds. We all made it!

3:45 min driving time 8:30 min total trip time.

Watching Dave look at his new tent , and shake is head “what the eff do I do with this” wa priceless.

RD isn't exactly the outdoorsy type lol

c_land

Reaction score
Is Maggie Wash passable in a full size Bronco? Ive never been able to make it all the way out there and planning a trip with a bunch of friends in full size trucks.

Reactions: DWC

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip. Are you leaving from havasu?

DLC

Reaction score
I think you can make it

i fit in my can am max and it’s 72 inch wide and 14ft long with plenty of room

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
This has been a cool thread to read.

I know this thread is 3 years old now, but For those not in on the navigation app loop. A good app for navigation that I have found is onx. The paid version is worth it in my opinion and doesn't need cell service to work. Just putting it out there for those who use your phone for navigation maps.

I Have found some of the hardest to see two tracks are even mapped on this thing. Pretty cool deal and if you need to cross private land it lists names and known phone numbers for you to call to gain access. Doesn't always work but I have buddies that are avid hunters who love using that feature and it seems to work well for them.

anyway if this trip happens again I hope I can participate wife and I love our new Jeep and are looking for overnight runs to plan.

Reactions: DLC

Havalife

Reaction score
Is Maggie Wash passable in a full size Bronco? Ive never been able to make it all the way out there and planning a trip with a bunch of friends in full size trucks.

Last year we had a Chevy Tahoe and a full size truck go on a run and they both made it.

guest hs

Reaction score
I want to do this. I’m sure a Manx clone will make it. Let me k ow when it goes down.

Reactions: DWC

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
@Marios Metalworks oh yeah I meant if you want a good navigation app stay away from onx. Probably one of the worst platforms.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
There is a trail/shortcut that allows you to bypass the entire wash.
Correct. The narrows is a sight see but a graded dirt road will allow you to by pass it no problem. When you cross the river you will immediately get into silt so make sure you have 4x4. You will see the school bus

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
This has been a cool thread to read.

I know this thread is 3 years old now, but For those not in on the navigation app loop. A good app for navigation that I have found is onx. The paid version is worth it in my opinion and doesn't need cell service to work. Just putting it out there for those who use your phone for navigation maps.

I Have found some of the hardest to see two tracks are even mapped on this thing. Pretty cool deal and if you need to cross private land it lists names and known phone numbers for you to call to gain access. Doesn't always work but I have buddies that are avid hunters who love using that feature and it seems to work well for them.

anyway if this trip happens again I hope I can participate wife and I love our new Jeep and are looking for overnight runs to plan.

Sounds like a fun trip. I’d join in on another run.