WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu to Laughlin

JFMFG

Reaction score
Well the boat should be done by the weekend. Going to leave Saturday morning early with a buddy to break in the new motor. I’ve always wanted to do a trip from Havasu to Laughlin. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best route to take up river past needles bridge? I know there is a few rock bars I need to watch out for. Going to be in my 28 Magic Deck.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
You had better know that part or have real good sense of how to read the water
or just trim it high and let it fly
it's very hard to give directions on the net
you have to be there to see land marks for the real bad spots --but low water will show you most

doesn't look like a good water release weekend ---check the link --
2-3units is low water

pucker up

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
The water is a bit skinny during the day around Needles.

This is for yesterday, 8/24-
Pay attention to the "Below Needles Bridge" data. It's your best guess on how much water is going to be there from the forecast and "yesterday's data"

When its 12-13k+, or 3 units, its passible.

4 units pretty easy, but use caution.
5 units is like a lake.

FWIW- done it between 1.5 and 2 units. But I have a ditch pump. Had a ski Malibu (inboard) follow me, no problems.

Dan'l

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
As stated it’s not for the faint of heart, or this time of the year imho.
This time of year the water is just plain lower than spring.
May to Early June and a 5 only one worry place and to explain is hard but blue roof 45° across to NV side. But a 4 there’s 4-5 different spots to worry about. As a first timer in a Magic deck I’d say unless you’re following someone don’t do it plain and simple.
Come May hit me up i love running up there.

Joker

Reaction score
May to Early June and a 5 only one worry place and to explain is hard but blue roof 45° across to NV side. But a 4 there’s 4-5 different spots to worry about. As a first timer in a Magic deck I’d say unless you’re following someone don’t do it plain and simple.

I'm in for next year.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I don’t think I’d want the stress of running an unknown body of water while braking in a new motor.😳

Moabifam5

Reaction score
Check you out release data from Davis Dam. We are in Willow Valley and water has been low the last couple weeks. Unless levels rise, I would pick another route. JMO, good luck

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Are you serious?
Wow
I did it once going from Laughlin down but followed 4 other boats and trimmed it up as far as I could, never made it the whole way, besides trashing the prop I busted the drive.
after that I did it couple times in a jet boat, that was fun

rivergames

Reaction score
This past Saturday I got a few miles North of the Needles Bridge and came up to the first shallow sandbar in the middle of the river. I grew a puss and turned around.

I created an APP called SafeWatersAPP hoping fellow members would help mark hazardous locations on the APP when the water is high to boat. Unfortunately, she hasn't been marked up yet.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
You shouldn't have any problems, haven't you heard, they're trying to drain Mead and sending much more water down than ever before.😂

JFMFG

Reaction score
I have also wanted to do this trip. Myself and @Boatmaster have chickened out no less than 5 times. I know for those that frequent it, it's a piece of cake. As we approach the first shallow spot my heart drops every time.
Ya I’ve never gone up past needles bridge

JFMFG

Reaction score
Maybe let’s plan to do it in spring then

Riverryder

Reaction score
we need to plan a run from needles marina to laughlin and back! i would be in!

after the damn dam run i toke the kids to rotary and let them swim. say a big new fundeck going down river was like the balls on that guy!!

JFMFG

Reaction score
I would play it safe and run to Springs and then up to Pirates and back.
Ya that was my original plan so I may stick to it. Run to springs up to the bridge turn around hit pirate and back to springs

LC925

Reaction score

Sweet, looks like there will be a new thread to look out for... @02HoWaRd26 "Havasu 2 Laughlin run 2022"

I'll start the list early 🤣

LC925 - 3
@JFMFG
@Riverryder

I use to boat out of Willow Valley back in the late 90's early 2000's with a friend and his dad who had a place there when we were in HS. 20'/21' Bahner. We would run up past Avi and furthest down would be the sandbar. In 2002 he built a 22'/23' Lavey, would run mainly down river. Then in 2007 built a 25' Tremor, only down from Willow and mainly launch in Needles. Went north past the bridge about 7 years ago, and turned back after seeing a log lodged in the water. Never have gone past it since. Would love to, but following someone who knows the lay of the land since I have forgotten it up there. But then again, I was in the 25' Tremor when it hit a rock bar just south of Willow Valley (son of the owner/my buddy driving). He lost driving privileges after that lol. RIP to his dad, Gil Martin. Great guy and awesome baseball coach that got me into boating.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Sweet, looks like there will be a new thread to look out for... @02HoWaRd26 "Havasu 2 Laughlin run 2022"

LC925 - 3
@JFMFG
@Riverryder

I use to boat out of Willow Valley back in the late 90's early 2000's with a friend and his dad who had a place there when we were in HS. 20'/21' Bahner. We would run up past Avi and furthest down would be the sandbar. In 2002 he built a 22'/23' Lavey, would run mainly down river. Then in 2007 built a 25' Tremor, only down from Willow and mainly launch in Needles. Went north past the bridge about 7 years ago, and turned back after seeing a log lodged in the water. Never have gone past it since. Would love to, but following someone who knows the lay of the land since I have forgotten it up there. But then again, I was in the 25' Tremor when it hit a rock bar just south of Willow Valley (son of the owner/my buddy driving). He lost driving privileges after that lol. RIP to his dad, Gil Martin. Great guy and awesome baseball coach that got me into boating.
Im 100% down for this run

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Needles Bridge is about as far south as I go, about 30 miles south of Laughlin/BHC.
Occasionally to pirates cove.

Dan'l

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

LC925 - 3
@JFMFG
@Riverryder

I'm in.

Dan'l
Ditch pump degenerate.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@LC925 im so down for it!! i bought a little jet boat just to doit. but i broke it so once its fixed i will be doing it for sure to find the path for sancho. furthest i is to the last mobile home park on the CA side past the bridge. anything past the im scared...

@jeepdog know anyone that has some skis so we can doit? haha jk
if you ever organize somethin like that i would be up for it too. would need to rent one from you of course tho.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
@LC925 im so down for it!! i bought a little jet boat just to doit. but i broke it so once its fixed i will be doing it for sure to find the path for sancho. furthest i is to the last mobile home park on the CA side past the bridge. anything past the im scared...

@jeepdog know anyone that has some skis so we can doit? haha jk
if you ever organize somethin like that i would be up for it too. would need to rent one from you of course tho.

It's pretty easy.

Shallow just beyond the Needles Bridge on the Ca side.

Watch the jetties thru Willow Valley.

Just before the Avi, shallow on the AZ side. Stay center or left of center.

Above the Avi, stay to the AZ side, around the left curve. (About ~3 miles above the bridge)

Near Lazy Harry's, center or left of center.

Around boy scout camp, stay to the AZ side.

Keep on the AZ side beyond Big Bend. Watch for the bush. Stay right of the bush. (Rock bar parallel to the river)

Watch the 'new' beach, shallow on the AZ side, (before community park) stay center or left of center.

Exit the 5 mph zone center or towards the Nv side. (@ Harrah's)

Camp Davis beyond the bridge is shallow, so center or left of center.

At the dam, serious rocks on the NV side. They sneak up on ya.

That's all I got.

Dan'l
Ditch pump degenerate.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score

LC925 - 3
@JFMFG
@Riverryder

I would be in for that. Have been talking about it. I have done it twice. Once in a pontoon, a I'm not sure how we made it that trip at night. Another time in a CP, so wasn't really a problem. Never done it driving myself and my wife wants to do it. I go past the bridge, but I've never gone past the avi.

MohavValley

Reaction score
I'm on the water North of the bridge and it's been super low during the day, and the evenings have been hit and miss. One day it's super low all day and in to the evening then one day it's high early (5pm). Last 3 weeks it's low by 9am and low well in the the afternoon (5pm). unless it's one of the random days where they release more earlier and it's up by 7pm which is dark now.

Check the release schedule, it'll be the only way to make it all the way.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@mash on it pm me your number I’ll take you on my boat and you guide me. I’ll be stayin at needles marina in October for my bday.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The secondary issue would be the rentals!!! Come end of school it becomes a hornets nest of uninsured idiots trying to play crash up derby at wide open throttle.

But I’d totally be game but remember to make a plan is hard as you plan for day ❌ and the release ends up only being 2 or 3 and a 4 at Parker and well we can walk up river not boat it. We do it once a year typically, but it’s an early afternoon and water is high, “hey honey let’s run up to Laughlin” type of deal typically.

Brian

Reaction score
Has anyone tracked mileage via the waterway? Like springs to the channel, channel to topoc, topoc to Needles bridge, etc...

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
RM 192.3 Parker Dam
RM 209.5 Thompson Bay
RM 211.0 Site 6
RM 233.9 Topock
RM 244.3 Needles Bridge
RM ~259.0 Bridge at the Avi
RM 266.0 Pipeline
RM 274.0 Laughlin Bridge

Dan'l

Brian

Reaction score
RM 192.3 Parker Dam
RM 209.5 Thompson Bay
RM 211.0 Site 6
RM 233.9 Topock
RM 244.3 Needles Bridge
RM 266.0 Pipeline
RM 274.0 Laughlin Bridge

Dan'l
Perfect!

Duramax

Reaction score
The secondary issue would be the rentals!!! Come end of school it becomes a hornets nest of uninsured idiots trying to play crash up derby at wide open throttle.

But I’d totally be game but remember to make a plan is hard as you plan for day ❌ and the release ends up only being 2 or 3 and a 4 at Parker and well we can walk up river not boat it. We do it once a year typically, but it’s an early afternoon and water is high, “hey honey let’s run up to Laughlin” type of deal typically.
Count me in

MohavValley

Reaction score
RM 192.3 Parker Dam
RM 209.5 Thompson Bay
RM 211.0 Site 6
RM 233.9 Topock
RM 244.3 Needles Bridge
RM 266.0 Pipeline
RM 274.0 Laughlin Bridge

Dan'l

Is this saying it's 55 miles from needles bridge to the Avi bridge?

It's more like 15-20 miles.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I run from Bullhead to Havasu at least every other weekend with a 21' V-bottom Bravo1 outdrive. 3 units from Davis Dam is the Minimum I run and once you get to 5 units in the afternoon you can run the Queen Mary through. It gets complicated up going into Bullhead when the dam is open.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I run from Bullhead to Havasu at least every other weekend with a 21' V-bottom Bravo1 outdrive. 3 units from Davis Dam is the Minimum I run and once you get to 5 units in the afternoon you can run the Queen Mary through. It gets complicated up going into Bullhead when the dam is open.

let’s take my boat and you show me the ropes!!
Beer food on me!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Just need to organize with @regor lol, sitting on the beach just below the Avi today and hear something coming, sounds real real good, damn it’s moving too.... oh it’s Regor ripping down from Laughlin towards Needles.

78Southwind

Reaction score
It's pretty easy.

Shallow just beyond the Needles Bridge on the Ca side.

Watch the jetties thru Willow Valley.

Just before the Avi, shallow on the AZ side. Stay center or left of center.

Above the Avi, stay to the AZ side, around the left curve. (About ~3 miles above the bridge)

Near Lazy Harry's, center or left of center.

Around boy scout camp, stay to the AZ side.

Keep on the AZ side beyond Big Bend. Watch for the bush. Stay right of the bush. (Rock bar parallel to the river)

Watch the 'new' beach, shallow on the AZ side, (before community park) stay center or left of center.

Exit the 5 mph zone center or towards the Nv side. (@ Harrah's)

Camp Davis beyond the bridge is shallow, so center or left of center.

At the dam, serious rocks on the NV side. They sneak up on ya.

That's all I got.

Dan'l
Ditch pump degenerate.

The only thing I would add to this is the two sand/rock bars before the Piute Wash. I would stay on the CA side and then zig zag over to the AZ side right after the first sand/rock bar to avoid the other sand/rock bar on the CA side.

Piute Wash Zig Zag.png

Last edited:

wishiknew

Reaction score
Well the boat should be done by the weekend. Going to leave Saturday morning early with a buddy to break in the new motor. I’ve always wanted to do a trip from Havasu to Laughlin. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best route to take up river past needles bridge? I know there is a few rock bars I need to watch out for. Going to be in my 28 Magic Deck.
Best route is turn around and have breakfast at topock

Riverryder

Reaction score
Just need to organize with @regor lol, sitting on the beach just below the Avi today and hear something coming, sounds real real good, damn it’s moving too.... oh it’s Regor ripping down from Laughlin towards Needles.

when we goin? ill be in needles for my bday and eliminator regatta (october 22)but i want to run up river!!