WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HAVASU TO WIKIEUP GPS TRACK

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Wikieup is a great offroad destination ride from Havasu. It's about 55 miles away with Fuel and Food available. You can download my actual GPX track from this weekend here for your Leadnav or other GPS: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1024292?units=miles.

HavtoWikiep.png

1. The first 15 miles or so the terrain is typical Havasu rocky trail or sand wash. You can take Challenger dr to Dutch Flat road or just go straight on Standard Wash. Someone ditched a Maxim boat off of Challenger dr?
+Qpb6IRkREuXEd0foH%ckQ.jpg

2. Mile 18 or so the terrain changes as you drop into the valley. I saw cows grazing and a number of fences ranch areas you can pass through (I think, just close the gate behind you). The roads are much easier to drive on. This area used to be owned by the Santa Fe Railroad, they sold 70k acres of it off in 40 acre parcels known as Stage Coach Trails. Seems like more Joshua trees then in Joshua NP.
4B1gVgChSvGi6KMCJ8Ojlw.jpg

IvVeyiNQTGaCT%sRAiGyOA.jpg
S86ZGwutRJarO1DqgCYFjg.jpg

3. Turn east on Chicken Springs road, very smooth and fast. Head up into a mountain pass, around 5500ft then back down into Wikieup. There is an AZ Peace Trail intersection here that heads north into the hill...need to check that out.

Last edited:

spark2678

Reaction score
At a descent pace, how long a ride there and back is it with stopping there for lunch?

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
At a descent pace, how long a ride there and back is it with stopping there for lunch?

We left about 10am and got back before 5 pm. Stopped a lot on the way up, spent a good hour eating and cruised back with two stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'll have to put this on todo list.

DLC

Reaction score
Hell ya I want to do this....

im thinking sat or sun on presidents weekend.....

what say you guys?
@DWC , @LargeOrangeFont, @jbird, @Bpracing1127 Let’s pack a cooler and rally!

Gentlemen, tonight we drink, tomorrow we ride....

Last edited: