WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Utilities Cost ??

floatn turd

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm trying to build an acuate picture of what the utilities will cost in Havasu per month.

Full time residence x 4 occupied, 3 bedroom, 1,700-ish sqft house, maybe built in the early 2000s.

Electric: ? (Average in the Summer months)
Gas: ?
Water / Trash: ?
Cable: ?

I have my ideas but just want to see if I'm in the ballpark.

Thank you for any insite you can provide.

FT

Boat 405

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm trying to build an acuate picture of what the utilities will cost in Havasu per month.

Full time residence x 4 occupied, 3 bedroom, 1,700-ish sqft house, maybe built in the early 2000s.

FT
Electric - go solar. Haven't had a bill in 2 years. Before that I was $50-60 in the winter $280 in summer.
Gas - most houses are all electric, If you have it $40 a month with gas appliances
Water/sewer/trash - $80-100
Cable - sky is the limit.
Internet - 400 mpbs - $80 a month

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I’m renting exactly what you listed. Me full time and 3 kids half of the week or so.

Electric is 130 outside of summer, 250-275 during summer set at 76.

Water / sewer / trash is 85

Internet (suddenlink) 79/ month for the promo I got which I’ll cancel before I move into my new place.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
City bill min $82, water sewer trash
Like boat 405 solar min 20.94
Internet I use starlink 110.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
29 year old 1700 square foot house with old air conditioner $382 was my highest Summer and around $112 in early spring

Water/trash around $83 in the winner and around $155 in the summer, I have a lot of agitation that I don’t water during winter averaging.

I don’t live on gas, I probably spend $600 a year in propane, mainly for the pool heater

$95 a month for Internet only 😡

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I’m in Phoenix Arizona. 2100 sqft

Summer months you can count on $375-550 mo electric.

Water is about $125, if you don’t have a pool or lawn, and take long hot showers.

Gas is cheap, since we don’t run our heaters.

Cable/internet is $200-300, depending on how many cable boxes you need.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Water has been about 80 a month for me and 4 kids
electric is right about 100 now that the ac is off and I only run the heater from the time we get home till bed time, summer? I dont remember, I dont think it crossed 300?
Internet, I havent moved it over, but its 85 at the old house. It just went up and I could call and argue it down to a new promotion and will when I move it to my new house next month.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Thank you all for the info.

I was "off" in my numbers.
Glad to hear it's cheaper than I thought.

I thought a Havasu Electric bill in the summer would straight RAPE me, like it does in SoCal.
(High $400's)

Any kind of, "have to haves" ?
Or
Ask the seller if, the house was upgraded with.........?
Or
Recently replaced the...........?

That will make a big difference in an early 2000s house?

Thank you.
FT

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Thank you all for the info.

I was "off" in my numbers.
Glad to hear it's cheaper than I thought.

I thought a Havasu Electric bill in the summer would straight RAPE me, like it does in SoCal.
(High $400's)

Any kind of, "have to haves" ?
Or
Ask the seller if, the house was upgraded with.........?
Or
Recently replaced the...........?

That will make a big difference in an early 2000s house?

Thank you.
FT

Water softener / RO is a must out here.

Have the windows tinted. (Shameless plug for Ace Glass Tinting)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Not full time but the house is occupied 50+% of the year either by my snowbird mom or us. We don't alter temps whether occupied or not anymore. Garage is AC'd at 74*ish year round, house is kept at 72ish. I have a portable unit in my bedroom that I keep at 66 when in town in the summer. 2700sq feet, with another maybe 2200sq garage. 3.5 ton garage ac, 5 ton main house. house is a 17 seer Amana unit, garage is I think a 14 seer. Home was built in early 2000's but we did a full gut remodel in 2020. Lots of LED, better insulation, etc. Open floor plan and a big 110in fan circulating the air in the center of the house that never gets shut off (this was a big impact....)

Electric: $250-325 summer, $100-150 winter
Gas: $50-200 depending if we heat the pool.
Water 100ish/mo autopay..depends on some factors Trash is built into havasu utilities.
We cut the cord at home...but spend around $180 for high speed internet, cable and streaming there.

Window tint, Sunscreens etc all make a big difference. We have wood shutters on all windows in the house, and I put Rpanels in certain windows in the summer...I'm going to add some insulation before it gets hot and radiant barrier the entire attic..hoping to drop 25% in cooling costs after that. I'm wanting to get some new baselines before I do my solar add on.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Howdy,

FT
We are a 2 adult 3 children home with a pool, garage AC’s, laundry running daily, 2011 Build 4/4 2000 sq ft. All electric. Majority of homes in town are unless you are lucky enough to be on a street with gas, in a subdivision or in Residential Estates.
We let the electric company average our bill so it’s the same all year. Ranges from $250-$300 a month all year. (If I didn’t average my August bill is about $700.
Water is about $80-$100/mo They run a sewer assessment every year for several months that’s sets your usage level and your rate is based on that. We screwed up one year and our bill was about $120-$140/mo that year. That Bill includes trash/sewer.
Cable - We don’t have it. Internet We use Optimum at the house and Frontier Fiber Optic at the Office. About $100/mo.we stream everything we watch.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Should be noted that on our electric bill it has that graph that says how much you use.. it’s all of havasu on the graph and that graph looks like

I ——————— I. “Us”. Lol

It literally goes all the way to the right of the page and isn’t on the graph.. we are the less than 1% of gross over users of electricity..

floatn turd

Reaction score
We are a 2 adult 3 children home with a pool, garage AC’s, laundry running daily, 2011 Build 4/4 2000 sq ft. All electric. Majority of homes in town are unless you are lucky enough to be on a street with gas, in a subdivision or in Residential Estates.
We let the electric company average our bill so it’s the same all year. Ranges from $250-$300 a month all year. (If I didn’t average my August bill is about $700.
Water is about $80-$100/mo They run a sewer assessment every year for several months that’s sets your usage level and your rate is based on that. We screwed up one year and our bill was about $120-$140/mo that year. That Bill includes trash/sewer.
Cable - We don’t have it. Internet We use Optimum at the house and Frontier Fiber Optic at the Office. About $100/mo.we stream everything we watch.

Thank you for the info.
And
I did get your msg the other day.
We might be in Havasu soon to look at some houses.
I will give you a call early next week.

Thanks again.

FT