WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu - What happened to the surge from all the tourists?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just wondering when we will see the surge in cases in Havasu from all the infected tourists that were swarming the town 2 weeks ago? ALAN? Anyone?

Sadly, one person between 75 and 85 died yesterday, and one more case was reported for a TOTAL case count of 36 in Havasu.

Are we done whining about the weekenders on their boats finally?

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
@ALAN F is hiding in a basement somewhere so his cell signal strength may vary.
D4F260B6-2C49-4811-B98A-2F734129AE29.png

ALAN F

Reaction score
Just wondering when we will see the surge in cases in Havasu from all the infected tourists that were swarming the town 2 weeks ago? ALAN? Anyone?

Sadly, one person between 75 and 85 died yesterday, and one more case was reported for a TOTAL case count of 36 in Havasu.

Are we done whining about the weekenders on their boats finally?

I know that if people are dying its not a joke nor a conspiracy.its awful and I am doing what I can to keep myself, family and others safe from being responsible .WTF is a few weeks or months to make sure its really bad or not so bad to refrain from gatherings???

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I know that if people are dying its not a joke nor a conspiracy.its awful and I am doing what I can to keep myself, family and others safe from being responsible .WTF is a few weeks or months to make sure its really bad or not so bad to refrain from gatherings???

It has been months.

I’m not saying let’s all go to a stadium together and have a kissing contest, I’m just saying it’s time to be real about what this is and what this isn’t.

People die every day from the cold, the flu, etc. People dying is tragic, but the average age of death for this virus is above 75, and the mortality rate and risk is literally like the flu for 99.99999% of the population.

Tourists aren’t bringing this virus in and infecting or killing the town. Tourists are not coming in and looting your resources.

I’m not saying it has to go back to normal tomorrow, but let’s just start being realistic. If this virus was actually dangerous to everyone like we were told 2 months ago, this would be a different conversation.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The shop servicing my SxS is busy. Appt made in June!
Shop servicing boat is also booked.
Glad I could spend my money in that tourist hating town.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Just wait. There will be massive casualties from
The California virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

LOF, I brought that very topic up in a thread last week or so and have been meaning to post pretty much what you did. It’s a great question.

ALAN, I’m with you on the large gathering situation. Then again, I generally hate large gatherings anyway, so maybe I’m biased. I don’t think it’s a “large gathering” issue for most people. It’s the fact that certain ramps and other access-to-the-water facilities have been closed or severely restricted. In my particular case, the entire area where I launch my boat was closed and would have made it extremely difficult to access the lake at all had it not been reopened last weekend.

For those of us who find boating to be some of the best social distancing we can get, the fact that restrictions were put in place preventing that were very disturbing...especially when the data just doesn’t support it.

Being as crowded as Havasu is, boating sometimes just equates to the “large gathering” situation. Not my cup of tea, but apparently a lot of other people like it.

Bottom line is I don’t think the bothersome part is so much banning people from large gatherings, it’s that they were restricted from boating (which in some places means large gatherings, I guess) and the removal of those rights just doesn’t seem all that American.

Obviously since there was apparently not a spike as a result of the gatherings in Havasu, it wasn’t a bad thing after all and any restrictions that would be put on that don’t make sense.