WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Windsor

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
My wife is a beast at it, she actually likes asking guys if they need help. About 10 years ago we went to the mall parking lot on a Sunday and I showed her mirror trick and she practiced backing into parking slots for about an hour. After that she was a pro.
A few years ago I taught my girlfriends 16 year old daughter how to back the trailer. Hands on top of the wheel using the mirrors. She learned it in no time. They had a hugely lifted truck with dark tint all around. Kinda funny to see people's faces when she'd back down like a pro and hop out to unhook the bow.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Ok it’s not really my wife’s fault, but does anyone else’s wife pick the line that the people in front take the fuckin longest to get their boat out every time? 😄
No…
That would be me whether it’s a line at the store or the ramp 🤦‍♂️

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
My wife can do either and she's a pro at either. When new friends or friends of our normal group see us do our thing on the ramp they can't believe it. We've only been doing it together for 44 years, we've almost got it down pat!! 😁 All of them want to help, out of both our mouths, "just stand there and look pretty" we've got out routine!!!!

One other tidbit, our best friends have been at it this long also and I've seen her stop walking to the boat after parking the rig and go ask to help a person in need and like above many of them are very great full. No need to yell and scream at anybody on the ramp.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yup is murphys law, she now knows to scan the boats and trailers, nicer stuff typically means seasoned owners who know the drill, clapped out single axle with carpet missing bunks is never a good sign, that and rentals.

Her biggest complaint is the new ramp at windsor, we like it becase it isnt as busy and the longer turn in areas so you can get completely straight. What she doesnt like is the trailer disappears over the top for a bit and they didnt paint the lane lines all the way to the water line.

She does too, been doing it nearly a decade. 60% of the time I agree with her assessment and line choice. Then the trailer isn’t far enough in the water so back to the truck to go in further, or they are finger fucking the winch, or the boat didn’t get on straight, or they start taking the bimini down on the ramp lol.

If there is an open lane we are in and out in 90 seconds.

Last edited: