WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Windsor

TCHB

Reaction score
B39BFD12-8D5B-4FA2-ADB3-DD5E8E10BB73.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
I helped out at the ramp for 5 years a noticed a change in behavior.

Reactions: DWC

azsunfun

Reaction score
passing through 4th july, wont take boat back until october, it's gotten crazy!

TCHB

Reaction score
I had one guy yelling at a lady while she backed down the trailer. He was calling her a amateur! After they got the boat on the trailer the husband went over and asked the guy why he was yelling at his wife. The guy was screaming that amateurs should not be using the ramp on weekends. The husband dropped him on the spot.

azsunfun

Reaction score
I had one guy yelling at a lady while she backed down the trailer. He was calling her a amateur! After they got the boat on the trailer the husband went over and asked the guy why he was yelling at his wife. The guy was screaming that amateurs should not be using the ramp on weekends. The husband dropped him on the spot.
im'e disabled and wife has to back me in, what a trooper. i told her take as much time as she needs. took her couple tries, but like a champ launched us next to gone again in 2019. those people with amateures is also the ones prep the boat in the launch lanes.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

The husband was a professional 😂

TCHB

Reaction score
I told the guy to back off and let her get trailer down. He just would not stop. I held him in the ready spot until she got the trailer down.. He was a Ahole. I hope he learned his lesson.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
I told the guy to back off and let her get trailer down. He just would not stop. I held him in the ready spot until she got the trailer down.. He was a Ahole. I hope he learned his lesson.

Was it the guy with the Lime green color Eliminator Speedster with twin black outboards? I was there loading up and was windy AF A few minutes before this happened.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Was it the guy with the Lime green color Eliminator Speedster with twin black outboards? I was there loading up and was windy AF A few minutes before this happened.
With the name 'riddler' on the back?

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Drove through right after it happened. At least 8 PD and SO cars. Looked like a bunch of crackers with newer big boats.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I believe that was one of the boats I saw in close proximity to the group.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Drove through right after it happened. At least 8 PD and SO cars. Looked like a bunch of crackers with newer big boats.

Yep, sounds like the typical MO. Talk shit, get smacked down and then call the cops and lawyers to take action legally. 😂

4Waters

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I was walking up the ramp to get the truck and trailer a noticed a lady struggling to back the trailer in (her husband was frustrated, not full on yelling yet). I walked up to her and I could see the frustration on her face, probably a couple of minutes from crying. I told her to take a deep breath and I'm going to teach you a trick.

After a min or so I ask if she was ready and she said yes. I told her with one hand grab the bottom of the steering wheel, if you want the trailer to move right move your hand right, if you want the trailer move left move your hand left, I walked beside her the whole way but only coached her halfway. She thanked me and her husband thanked me a few minutes later when we got the the wipe down area, he asked what I did and I told him, he never knew that trick.

Now I'm a top of the wheel kinda guy but not everyone is.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I was walking up the ramp to get the truck and trailer a noticed a lady struggling to back the trailer in (her husband was frustrated, not full on yelling yet). I walked up to her and I could see the frustration on her face, probably a couple of minutes from crying. I told her to take a deep breath and I'm going to teach you a trick.

After a min or so I ask if she was ready and she said yes. I told her with one hand grab the bottom of the steering wheel, if you want the trailer to move right move your hand right, if you want the trailer move left move your hand left, I walked beside her the whole way but only coached her halfway. She thanked me and her husband thanked me a few minutes later when we got the the wipe down area, he asked what I did and I told him, he never knew that trick.

I use walkie talkies with my gf. We practiced a lot before the going to the ramp. The F450 is lifted and the trailer is 35 feet long. When the boats on it, it’s not too bad. When trailer only, you have to use the cameras and the walkie talkies help. She does great. Great for you to help.

azsunfun

Reaction score
I use walkie talkies with my gf. We practiced a lot before the going to the ramp. The F450 is lifted and the trailer is 35 feet long. When the boats on it, it’s not too bad. When trailer only, you have to use the cameras and the walkie talkies help. She does great. Great for you to help.
what are using have boat and handheld, when the wifes in the truck, can't communicate 12' away.

arch stanton

Reaction score
I have offered to back peoples trailers down a ramp numerous times they have all excepted the offer of course by the time I ask they have tried a few times and are happy to have help, I do have unusually large experience as I have been driving a truck and pup trailer for 30 years and they back up just like a boat, a fifth wheel trailer is not exactly the same and the transition between the 2 causes some confusion. If I'm really showing off I back down and around the guy who has to clean or load his boat on the ramp I am loaded or unloaded and gone in 1 minute
IMG_0589.jpg

hawgty55

Reaction score
It was easier to teach my wife to put the boat on and off the trailer than to back the trailer down. Hell she has problems driving straight. 😂
X2 and she handles the boat better than i do. Shes on the money every time.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

That's the way it should be, I help put every chance I get, it will come back to me one day. My wife hasn't backed with the dually yet so I am waiting on that saga to start.

To the turds that feel the need to bark at someone struggling, what's the point in that. We all have been new at some point in time. Just like my old man says "Dont be a dickhead"

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Crazy - I have not been out too much this summer. Heading out this weekend. Hopefully things have calmed down a bit. I always launch at Windsor. I have helped plenty of gals retrieve boats, back down trucks, secure boats to dock etc. I have also watched people loose it at the ramp, drive their boat and dry park on ramp and wait for truck, and other countless stupid moves. It is endless but I guess you have to roll with it.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’m always surprised how many women launch. Pretty cool. My wife pulls it off and puts in on. I do the launching. My easier for me to do it. Plus I can enjoy one last cigarette walking from the parking stall to the dock for her to get me 😀

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
My husband gave me a choice whether I wanted to drive the boat or back the trailer. I chose back the trailer. Boating conditions change i.e. wind, depth, other boats, but the ramp never changes. Once you have the technique down it’s always the same. We have a really good system down and we take pride in our ability to get on and off the water quickly.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My wife is a beast at it, she actually likes asking guys if they need help. About 10 years ago we went to the mall parking lot on a Sunday and I showed her mirror trick and she practiced backing into parking slots for about an hour. After that she was a pro.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Currently, when getting on the water, I back the truck down, get in the boat/start it and my wife unhooks it and backs me deeper until I get off the trailer. She then parks the truck/trailer (she's done a great job - always in between the lines, straight, etc..) and we go have a great day on the water. When we're done, I have to dock the boat and get the truck, back in and put the boat on the trailer. The wife isn't comfortable enough to back in on her own yet and wants to learn when it's not busy. She will eventually learn to drive the boat and trailer it, but taking baby steps with her. Anyway, after I load it, she hooks it up and pulls us out and drives to a spot for us to wipe it down. This has been working for us so far.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My wife is a beast at it, she actually likes asking guys if they need help. About 10 years ago we went to the mall parking lot on a Sunday and I showed her mirror trick and she practiced backing into parking slots for about an hour. After that she was a pro.

Truth. We went to the high school parking lot for about 30 mins before the first time we launched the boat and did ok. After a couple months, she was a pro.

gqchris

Reaction score
I do it all by myself. Kinda sucks, but I never want to be one of those guys screaming at his wife if she made a mistake.

And if some knucklehead started harassing my wife while she was backing down, I would end up in Jail.

Such a pussy move to harass a woman backing down a trailer. Gets me so heated!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Ok it’s not really my wife’s fault, but does anyone else’s wife pick the line that the people in front take the fuckin longest to get their boat out every time? 😄
Yup is murphys law, she now knows to scan the boats and trailers, nicer stuff typically means seasoned owners who know the drill, clapped out single axle with carpet missing bunks is never a good sign, that and rentals.

Her biggest complaint is the new ramp at windsor, we like it becase it isnt as busy and the longer turn in areas so you can get completely straight. What she doesnt like is the trailer disappears over the top for a bit and they didnt paint the lane lines all the way to the water line.

PlanB

Reaction score
Wife used to back the truck while I did the boat. When we had our Cig she used to have to park in the dirt lot at Windsor that is now near the entrance to the channel. The lot was completely different back then, and they would not let you park large rigs in the main lot. I would drive the boat down to the beach down there and she would have to swim to the boat because of the rocks on the beach.

Now with a slip I use the ramp once a year. If I had to go back to launching I would probably give up boating, at least summer boating. Don’t miss launching and retrieving everyday.

Dettom

Reaction score
So many shit birds now. The migrate this time of year, mostly from a certain western state. Although to be fair, many settle in Havasu and bring others with them.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I was at the marina last year waiting in the boat, a buddy is getting the truck, the ramp is very busy. He gets directed to a lane, there is a truck with the trailer in the water so he has to wait for them to pull out, but the boat never shows up. He can't switch lanes as everyone is lining up as normal. So 20 minutes later the boat pulls in and loads, we load right after and end up in tie down area at the same time. I was pissed and let them know it, am I a dick or were they out of line? They kept their heads down and didn't say shit back.

samsah33

Reaction score
Ok it’s not really my wife’s fault, but does anyone else’s wife pick the line that the people in front take the fuckin longest to get their boat out every time? 😄
there and walmart. every. fucking. time.

Dettom

Reaction score
Currently, when getting on the water, I back the truck down, get in the boat/start it and my wife unhooks it and backs me deeper until I get off the trailer. She then parks the truck/trailer (she's done a great job - always in between the lines, straight, etc..) and we go have a great day on the water. When we're done, I have to dock the boat and get the truck, back in and put the boat on the trailer. The wife isn't comfortable enough to back in on her own yet and wants to learn when it's not busy. She will eventually learn to drive the boat and trailer it, but taking baby steps with her. Anyway, after I load it, she hooks it up and pulls us out and drives to a spot for us to wipe it down. This has been working for us so far.
That’s exactly what we do. Gotta find what works, work as a team and get it done.

Dettom

Reaction score
We did that too. No pressures..