WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu's most stupid listing

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What I've learned with cars, and I think holds true for most things, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Out here I just met the guy who bought a property down the road. 10ac, with a six car garage with a bathroom...no house. Well and septic done and power box on the garage...300k! We thought the seller was crazy to ask that much.

There's an ass for every seat, it's hard to find them sometimes...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yeah I seen the agent post on Fakebook yesterday. Looking closely at the pictures you will notice that most of the materials used are lower spectrum. Look at the showers for example. The tiles used are what you get at Home Depot for $1.25sf.

In today’s crazy market it’s probably around 100K lot, 50K grading/landscaping, 25K walls, 100K pool, 550k house/garage. Total build cost = $825K. Not sure where she’s getting the extra $425K in build costs? I’m not seeing it! Seems like a 50% spec home markup to me, lol.

That’s going to be a hard sell at that price point. It just doesn’t come off like a million dollar home! Just Saying.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Looks like some of the listings around here in the 500k range. Has built ins...layout looks really clean...not even a built in kitchen area or anything in the backyard. And a crammed in cul de sac. Mil plus? No thanks. Must be the hype. :D

TCHB

Reaction score
I think it is way above the $500K range. I am thinking more like $750K.

TCHB

Reaction score
There is one like it on the golf coarse with a view and they want $1.5M. It does have a golf coarse view and lake view.

CigAjerk

Reaction score
Yeah I seen the agent post on Fakebook yesterday. Looking closely at the pictures you will notice that most of the materials used are lower spectrum. Look at the showers for example. The tiles used are what you get at Home Depot for $1.25sf.

In today’s crazy market it’s probably around 100K lot, 50K grading/landscaping, 25K walls, 100K pool, 550k house/garage. Total build cost = $825K. Not sure where she’s getting the extra $425K in build costs? I’m not seeing it! Seems like a 50% spec home markup to me, lol.

That’s going to be a hard sell at that price point. It just doesn’t come off like a million dollar home! Just Saying.

The lot and the retaining wall are the 2 unknowns.

Everything else, I couldn't agree more.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
There is one like it on the golf coarse with a view and they want $1.5M. It does have a golf coarse view and lake view.
Exactly......view....view....view. This has no lake or Golf Course view. If it had unobstructed lake views then the price may be a little more believable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FreeBird236

Reaction score

I want your wall guy.:D Justified or not, I'll bet that house sells for at least 90 to 95% of asking right now.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Says it sold for more than asking in May 2018, $1,070,000
Lot was $135k

If Zillow is accurate.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
A lot in residential estates to fit that set up 200k plus then to 3000 square foot home what garage 600k plus or minus 100k pool and add another 50k for unknown. Before I pulled the trigger on my garage I was thinking of going down this road and it just cost too much. My 2 cents

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
A lot in residential estates to fit that set up 200k plus then to 3000 square foot home what garage 600k plus or minus 100k pool and add another 50k for unknown. Before I pulled the trigger on my garage I was thinking of going down this road and it just cost too much. My 2 cents
I know of a lot in residential estates that's been for sale for a while with the Lake view for a little over $200k.

I have been following your garage build on Facebook and you made the right choice. It is turning out amazing.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I know of a lot in residential estates that's been for sale for a while with the Lake view for a little over $200k.

I have been following your garage build on Facebook and you made the right choice. It is turning out amazing.

I think I know the lot to it's sold to 235k or
something and it's smallI I don't think that lot would handle 3000 square foot house

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

I'm telling you I went down this road with that exact house there's a lot up the street that is 250k. talk to the builder of that exact house 600 plus to do that exact house not including backyard and other miscellaneous stuff.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I think I know the lot to it's sold to 235k or
something and it's smallI I don't think that lot would handle 3000 square foot house
If it is the Lot that I am thinking of you could do a split level property and probably get more than 3000 ft² out of it.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
If it is the Lot that I am thinking of you could do a split level property and probably get more than 3000 ft² out of it.

Is this the lot?
Screenshot_20190320-081150.png
Screenshot_20190320-081150.png

Wendi

Reaction score
Yes, its built in Residential Estates and is a pretty awesome house, but 1.25 million with no lake view is laughable.

The agent told me that you can't build this house for what they are asking.....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2012-Burke-Ln-Lake-Havasu-City-AZ-86406/191732211_zpid/

Joe as a fellow loan officer don't you think we should be supporting our local realtors and not shooting them down? I'm surprised at all your comments on Facebook where she is pushing this property. Liz Miller has been agent for a very long time. I don't think she is completely out of line with her pricing, as it sold for $1,070,000 5/31/2018 over asking.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Joe as a fellow loan officer don't you think we should be supporting our local realtors and not shooting them down? I'm surprised at all your comments on Facebook where she is pushing this property. Liz Miller has been agent for a very long time. I don't think she is completely out of line with her pricing, as it sold for $1,070,000 5/31/2018 by her.
Just because it sold for a price, doesn't mean it is worth it!! I can give 2 shits about FB and all the stupid "Whipper" groups. If I have an opinion on something, then I am going to speak my mind. It is an overpriced house and she is doing her seller's a disservice by listing it that high.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Just because it sold for a price, doesn't mean it is worth it!! I can give 2 shits about FB and all the stupid "Whipper" groups. If I have an opinion on something, then I am going to speak my mind. It is an overpriced house and she is doing her seller's a disservice by listing it that high.

I said sell over 1.1 million

Wendi

Reaction score
Just because it sold for a price, doesn't mean it is worth it!! I can give 2 shits about FB and all the "stupid Whipper groups". If I have an opinion on something, then I am going to speak my mind. It is an overpriced house and she is doing her seller's a disservice by listing it that high.

Joe I'm not here to battle you I'm just saying as a loan officer you are acting unprofessional. What is it hurting you? BTW you are always the first to comment on FB and the stupid "whipper" groups LOL!!! just sayin

NicPaus

Reaction score
The quote to build our house was 1.2 million to build in havasu, not including the lot that we already owned, nor the pool. That house can be built for considerably less.
$450 a ft if I recall. This would start around $350 a sq ft to build by me if you own the lot plus the city fees, architect and engineers fees. Depending on choice can go way up from there with custom touches. If you can't afford no need to bash the realtor.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Every now and again there's a glaring reminder that the market is ripe for a correction. This is one of those reminders.
No correction, another recession ....its coming hang on to your ass-ets.....[emoji39][emoji1787][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Will comment on the estate area soon I own 2 homes a my kids owns lots in the estate are we paid in 2002 for dirt. 40 grand. Great area over valued I have builders calling all the time met one builder a true dick stated I would like to buy your lot told him 500 hundred thousand laugh at me So I ask what’s the price on sqf to build his response was well in the estate area we are getting 275 a foot laughed.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The lot and the retaining wall are the 2 unknowns.

Everything else, I couldn't agree more.

You do realize those are privacy walls and not retaining walls right? Yeah the lot price is a swag!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I want your wall guy.:D Justified or not, I'll bet that house sells for at least 90 to 95% of asking right now.

These appear to just be 5’ High X 400’ long (2000sf) privacy walls. She said building costs not retail costs.

You’re probably right about the price. Theirs an ass for every seat as they say, lol.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Let's talk about lake views for a minute.

Tje lake view is the biggest crock of shit to add price to home.

Oh look honey , we can see the lake from our house , isnt that worth the fucking we just got. I bet Henry across the street wishes he could see the lake ....

Nope Henry doesnt cause Henry can afford a boat to be on the lake ...

Fuck me , lake view of havasu lake...go to a more scenic area if you want lake view [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CigAjerk

Reaction score
You do realize those are privacy walls and not retaining walls right? Yeah the lot price is a swag!

I count 7 courses at a different elevation on the backside of your "privacy wall". Hence, my referal to a retaining wall.

But you're probably right. I'm just a bread guy here on vacation

ISi3egaicbze0g1000000000.webp