WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu's most stupid listing

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
413.00 per sq ft....

In the middle of the fucking desert?????????

SMH. :rolleyes:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Let's talk about lake views for a minute.

Tje lake view is the biggest crock of shit to add price to home.

Oh look honey , we can see the lake from our house , isnt that worth the fucking we just got. I bet Henry across the street wishes he could see the lake ....

Nope Henry doesnt cause Henry can afford a boat to be on the lake ...

Fuck me , lake view of havasu lake...go to a more scenic area if you want lake view [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Regardless of what you think, view is a major influence when it comes to price. In Orange County there are a few streets where the houses on one side have views of all OC and on the other side, no view. The view houses sell for $300k-$400k more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wendi

Reaction score

Oh look honey , we can see the lake from our house , isnt that worth the fucking we just got. I bet Henry across the street wishes he could see the lake ....

Fuck me , lake view of havasu lake...go to a more scenic area if you want lake view [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

I have a lake view from the back corner of my lot (LOL). and the middle of my street ha!

Heylam

Reaction score

If you look through all the overhead wires, you can see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That sounds like a personal attack on everyone that has a Havasu lake view. :p

I do not have a lake view.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That sounds like a personal attack on everyone that has a Havasu lake view. [emoji14]

I do not have a lake view.
Used to have a lake view, but not so much anymore. Quite a bit of blue water to see in between the garage and the neighbors house though, but this house being built should have a pretty awesome view.

This house is over 2000 square feet with a pool and they said they are going to list between $650k-$750k. Also it's on the north side, which is closed.
2019022495132436.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Used to have a lake view, but not so much anymore. Quite a bit of blue water to see in between the garage and the neighbors house though, but this house being built should have a pretty awesome view.

This house is over 2000 square feet with a pool and they said they are going to list between $650k-$750k. Also it's on the north side, which is closed. View attachment 737228

No lake view for me, but a 3-5 min ride on the RZR I have a cool view of the city and lake.

Good spot to have a few drinks and BS. May bring A BBQ up there this spring. that is a far cry from a backyard view though :)

Can’t get here now though. The north side is barricaded.

B0307323-4A52-48C0-B801-0C34A1501AC2.jpeg

Last edited:

jailbird141

Reaction score
Does anyone know the average rate to build per sgft in Havasu right now? Not trying to stir the pot, was just wondering to compare it to what this listing is going for?

milkmoney

Reaction score
I have a lake view from the back corner of my lot (LOL). and the middle of my street ha!
Coming over , at least when you throw me out I can still see the lake from the street ...
Lol. And I am taking Williams ( me lucky shirt) that is stucked in my head still.
Lol [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Reactions: Wmc

milkmoney

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think, view is a major influence when it comes to price. In Orange County there are a few streets where the houses on one side have views of all OC and on the other side, no view. The view houses sell for $300k-$400k more.

No actually. The sooner you realize what I think the better you will be ..lol.

Wouldn't pay them hyped prices either.

[emoji39][emoji202]

2Driver

Reaction score
413.00 per sq ft....

In the middle of the fucking desert?????????

SMH. :rolleyes:

Yeah that’s tall.

Back out the lot and pool cost and you probably have a $300/sq ft budget to build something. Cost of building is getting pricey with material and labor

The house is nice but not really remarkable finishes for that price and it’s only a 3000 foot home. Can’t blame the guy for trying, somebody that has the excess cash and needs a place close in to store a boat and it’s sold

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I like to go out in the evening and watch the sunset on the lake.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know the average rate to build per sgft in Havasu right now? Not trying to stir the pot, was just wondering to compare it to what this listing is going for?

You can't compare Build prices to Selling prices. They are two totally different things.

Plus....

You can build a house for a 125 a square foot or 400 a square foot. Just depends on the options.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

ridebig

Reaction score
I'm not saying what the house is worth. But, that is exactly the house I want in Havasu.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That said I'm not an expert on Residential Estate lots, but a 1/2 Acre in there isn't going to be cheap, view or no view.. That's gotta be 250 alone?

A lot in residential estates to fit that set up 200k plus then to 3000 square foot home what garage 600k plus or minus 100k pool and add another 50k for unknown. Before I pulled the trigger on my garage I was thinking of going down this road and it just cost too much. My 2 cents

That garage is massive at 84 x 20..

It adds up to over a million to me pretty quick. I know it's hard to look at fairly basic (non custom) finishes and say 1.2 million! But it's in a nice location, the house is large, the garages are massive, and the pool is nice.

RD

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I like the views from my house, property cost was only a small piece of the total build and well worth it (IMHO). Construction was right at $100/ft under roof which also picked up some landscaping and front driveway (maybe 10 trucks worth of concrete). The pool, spa, travertine decking, retaining walls, etc. added another $120k. I have no idea on it's value to anyone other than myself.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Best lake view home in Havasu who has one

I have a pretty good view, but I wouldn't say it's the "best" view.. If I have a small interruption in the middle of it from my neighbors roof, but other than that it's panoramic and I can see the whole island and lake on both sides of it etc..

The really cool views are when you get a little more elevated, and or right down on the water. We are right in the middle of town so it's rare to even have a view, let alone the view that we have.

This house is one that my wife is selling right now that has one of the most amazing views in LHC. It's right around the same price as the one originally discussed in the thread.

RD

USMC2010

Reaction score

This house is over 2000 square feet with a pool and they said they are going to list between $650k-$750k. Also it's on the north side, which is closed. View attachment 737228

I was wondering when that would happen.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I have a pretty good view, but I wouldn't say it's the "best" view.. If I have a small interruption in the middle of it from my neighbors roof, but other than that it's panoramic and I can see the whole island and lake on both sides of it etc..

The really cool views are when you get a little more elevated, and or right down on the water. We are right in the middle of town so it's rare to even have a view, let alone the view that we have.

This house is one that my wife is selling right now that has one of the most amazing views in LHC. It's right around the same price as the one originally discussed in the thread.

RD

Perfect example of million dollar value right there. Just look at the view and on top of that, the finishes. Everything is top of the line. Pretty sure this is a gated community too.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Alright guys.... I have figured out the valuation issue here that all of you glanced over.......

Every window has interior shutters. Just ask One-A-Day, that's is a BIG cost. Lol!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yes, its built in Residential Estates and is a pretty awesome house, but 1.25 million with no lake view?

I was even told that you can't build this same house new for 1.25 million. What does everyone think??

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2012-Burke-Ln-Lake-Havasu-City-AZ-86406/191732211_zpid/

Lol, today you're the RE doom and gloomer.:) This seller seems rather confident in their listing price......and frankly, the right perspective buyer may very well be there soon. None of us know for sure but there sure are a shitload of armchair experts with opinions throwing derogatory spears at this beautiful home.
o_O

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This seller seems rather confident in their listing price......and frankly, the right perspective buyer may very well be there soon. None of us know for sure but there sure are a shitload of armchair experts with opinions throwing derogatory spears at this beautiful home.
o_O

Well said.. If it sells pretty quickly, then I think we'll find out it probably wasn't over priced either. LOL. I'm not sure if it will sell or not though, my wife would be a better judge of that.

RD

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score

Like this one???

Attachments

• Evening Deck.jpg
    Evening Deck.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 271

pkbullet

Reaction score
Things must be expensive to build out there, doesn't seem to be any high end touches at all for that money per ft.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well said.. If it sells pretty quickly, then I think we'll find out it probably wasn't over priced either. LOL. I'm not sure if it will sell or not though, my wife would be a better judge of that.

RD

Realistically how many million plus buck houses are moving in Havasu?

The one your wife is now representing has been on the market awhile, and is pretty cool.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Realistically how many million plus buck houses are moving in Havasu?

The one your wife is now representing has been on the market awhile, and is pretty cool.

Good question. That one I know she has some action on it right now, I am surprised given how nice it is that someone didn't snatch it already.

RD

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Good question. That one I know she has some action on it right now, I am surprised given how nice it is that someone didn't snatch it already.

RD
In any market the high end homes aren't your typical "sold in 1 or 2 months" kinda listings.
12 months isn't even out of the ordinary for a high end priced home.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
In any market the high end homes aren't your typical "sold in 1 or 2 months" kinda listings.

That one has been on the market longer than that, but I don't think it had the proper marketing behind it. The $1.2M + stuff in my area has been slow to sell as well.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
100% true. They also require a broker that is versed in Luxury. I have an MSA with First Team / Christie's International and they kill it with luxury marketing. As soon as the listing goes live, the marketing that is done, both national and international, is amazing.

I actually just took over an office by you on Grand and have 2 others in Encinitas. Was down there yesterday.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
100% true. They also require a broker that is versed in Luxury. I have an MSA with First Team / Christie's International and they kill it with luxury marketing. As soon as the listing goes live, the marketing that is done, both national and international, is amazing.

I actually just took over an office by you on Grand and have 2 others in Encinitas. Was down there yesterday.

"Versed in luxury" new term of the week.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

On Grand in Carlsbad?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
On Grand in Carlsbad?
Yep. Was going to hit you up but I didn't have a lot of time. Next time I head out we should grab lunch. I will be out there at least once a month, if not more.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yep. Was going to hit you up but I didn't have a lot of time. Next time I head out we should grab lunch. I will be out there at least once a month, if not more.

For sure. Great little dive on Grand called the G Spot.