WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Have a question?

termiteguy

Reaction score
I have installed new doors and windows in in our house I want to clean them and coat them something to keep the water spots off give me some ideas

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I have installed new doors and windows in in our house I want to clean them and coat them something to keep the water spots off give me some ideas
I've heard they do ceramic coat car windows don't know if this would help on home windows.

racetrash

Reaction score
Had our guy do the ceramic film on our windows before we installed them in our Parker Palace, what a difference in heat transfer. He suggested rain x on the outside and let 'em go.

wzuber

Reaction score
I used to run my little road racer car without wiper blades so I'd rub the windscreen with a cut in half onion which repelled water like a champion.
🤷‍♂️
Interesting.....white, yellow, red? Haha
Which worx best?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I used to run my little road racer car without wiper blades so I'd rub the windscreen with a cut in half onion which repelled water like a champion.
🤷‍♂️
Never heard that one. 🤔

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
read your warranty on them before doing anything. Certain things can void them, including films etc.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
🤷‍♂️
I'd heard of a potato but never an onion. learn something new at this place everyday, good or bad.

wzuber

Reaction score
read your warranty on them before doing anything. Certain things can void them, including films etc.
Correct, as I recall films specifically was mentioned on the Jeld-wen warranty. Something about effecting the heat of the window and their seals as I recall. Good mention Ace...
I think ceramic coatimg is a good idea for the vinyl frames. I've also heard of people using armor-all type products too but I can't say how well that worx. I see dust/dirt sticking to be an issue although it should wash off fairly easily.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Rain X will help glass a lot but if your washing/rinsing with hard water nothing is going to stop calcium spots 100%. Get a DI Rinse Station and problem solved.