WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Have a sick or aging dog? Here to help.

wash11

Reaction score
RD's thread about his dog, Sasha got me.

I'm far from a vet but I've seen first hand, how fast dogs turn around when grass fed organ meats are introduced to their diets.
If any RDP inmate has an ailing or aging, furry family member and would like to give it a try- hit me up. We deliver to Havasu every other week. The cost is zero. I just want to see some happy dog pics in return.
Liver
Heart
Kidney
Sweetbread
Bones (cut for dogs)

We raise beef and poultry for a living and have a nice customer base that feed a raw food diet to their pooches even though we've never advertised it. We typically charge $5.00lb and a few bucks per stop for delivery and have it available year round. If you are making frequent trips to the vet, you're already feeling the pinch on your wallet, again, no charge for this. As long as I've got it, you're welcome to it.

It's up to you to research how much and when to supplement or talk to your vet. Recipes are plentiful on Google. Amy dehydrates strips of organ meats and keeps them in mason jars as treats. There's no comparison to how much a dog will love a dehydrated liver snack over anything Petsmart has to offer.

Joel 928-486-4043

raw-beef-bone.jpg
IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9633.jpg
IMG_9636.jpg

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Thanks Joel. Since Sashas diagnosis I have her on liver, chicken, turkey or lamb, homemade bone broth, fresh eggs, Greek yogurt and a host of supplements. I’m half convinced she’s hanging on for the homemade meals! She had another bleed today but I’m hoping we caught it. I’ve learned so much about dog food. Our next dog will not be touching commercial dog food ever.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Very cool offer! Im sure some members will take you up and hopefully keep their buddy's around a little longer

hallett21

Reaction score
Do you just cook it real fast or feed it raw? Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wash11

Reaction score

Both. I definitely suggest talking with the vet and researching potential needs online. Every situation is different, but I'm telling you- the results are worth it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Thanks Joel. Since Sashas diagnosis I have her on liver, chicken, turkey or lamb, homemade bone broth, fresh eggs, Greek yogurt and a host of supplements. I’m half convinced she’s hanging on for the homemade meals! She had another bleed today but I’m hoping we caught it. I’ve learned so much about dog food. Our next dog will not be touching commercial dog food ever.

it is amazing what you do when you treat your dog as a family member vs just a pet
our new dog is on a combo of dry food from Fromm (lamb and lentil) and fresh chicken and turkey (rotate daily)
no big box purchased food for the Marshmallow

Singleton

Reaction score

talk to your vet, different breeds require different meat
We avoid red meet with our American Eskimo. Lamb, chicken and turkey are the meats recommended for him

nameisbond

Reaction score
I fed all my dogs raw. I found a meat packing plant that sold the organ meats really cheap. Commercial dog food is crap!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
There’s a couple raw feeding groups on fb that are worth joining. I’m in a couple for Doberman.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
WhAts the story on the puppies in your second pic Joel?

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Years ago we butchered several steers we raised , one of our customers wanted "pet food" the butcher ground all the leftovers (organs etc) I'm sure the dog was pleased but the butcher said NEVER again (was apparently disgusting)

450grip

Reaction score
I had an aging cat, after about 15, he started to move slow,and have internal issues.
I started feeding him chicken& fish bits/organs/skin Etc.
That diet completely changed that damn cat. All his issues went away, and lived another healthy 6yrs and passed at 21.
I fully believe it was the diet.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That’s Gus and Maggie as little biscuits. View attachment 909655
Best dog ever. His passion is collecting almost empty Coors Light cans.

“Almost empty” 😂

We had a little dog years ago that got to clean up spilt beer, which morphed into her tipping over peoples beers so she could clean it up😎

gqchris

Reaction score
Awesome!

I used to have a client who was a meat packer. I would trade work for meat bits. Usually chicken backs and other organs.

He ate all raw food. Eggs, Livers, bones and all.

I have never seen a more healthy dog! That coat shined like a gelcoat!! LOL

People were like OMG, you gave him raw meat, he is gonna get sick! Im like "WTF you think they eat in the wild?!"

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
So I’ve been cooking the meat of the day in the instant pot with veggies. But giving the eggs and liver raw daily. Sprouts are the only thing she will eat fresh when it comes to greens.

WildWilly

Reaction score
I don't have a sick or aging dog, but we already cook a lot for our two as it is so I'd be iterested but don't want to take it away from people with dogs who really need it

wash11

Reaction score
I don't have a sick or aging dog, but we already cook a lot for our two as it is so I'd be iterested but don't want to take it away from people with dogs who really need it

I've got plenty in stock and usually do. Message me here or call/text anytime and we'll get you set up. Joel 928-486-4043

Socalx09

Reaction score
I ended up texting @wash11 after reading this thread. Hunter is a 11 year old and hasn't been doing great lately. He has been isolating himself and vommits after eating sometimes. We took him into the vet right before I read this thread and his liver values were way high. I can't remember which two were very high and abnormal, But one of the ASR, ALT or ALPs. They gave me some pills and I was to have him retested a week later.

Joel dropped off meat and bones to my uncle and also gave some for my uncles dog since he has allergy issues. But, I wasn't able to get the meat before his retest so his results were the same with the pills. I went out to Havasu and got the beef organs and bones and the vet told me to keep the organ meat within a 10% range of his food. He loved to eat again, and didn't throw up when I mixed it with his dry kibble. I decided to take it a step further and make his food. I did turkey, veggies, rice with a mix of organ meat in the crock pot. Hunter loved that and didn't get sick afterwards. I ended up buying some organ meat at the butcher since he loved it so much. After 2.5 weeks of Hunter being on this new diet, I took him in for a re-test yesterday. His liver results improved a lot. He is happy to eat again, in much better shape and actually hangs out in the living room again.

So thank you so much Joel for helping out Hunter and starting the new diet for him. It means a lot and I'm grateful to have a happy dog again.

I have a computer desk under the stairs. This is Hunter letting me know it is dinner time! He never use to alert anyone to feed him, now he doesn't stop following you until you feed him!

IMG_0899.jpeg

wash11

Reaction score
Love reading stuff like this. I wish more people could experience what a real diet change can do for their best friends.

RDP has been really good to our farm business, especially the beef portion. If there's anyone else here that I can help out, just say the word.

Machally

Reaction score
I would really like to try a raw meat diet for my dogs. Can you recommend how I can get started? I have two older dogs,; a German Shepard and a Shepard mix, and an English Bulldog. I am located in North San Diego County if that matters or helps. Thanks!