WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Have you ever seen anything this stupid?

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Is this a new trend I don’t understand or is this dude as dumb as I think? What did the wheels/tires come off of? I wanted to ask dude but he drove off 30 seconds after I took the pic. View attachment 1147270
Is that the owner walking down the drive in his camo shorts, black socks and slippas?
Doesn't look like an island guy. 🤔

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this a new trend I don’t understand or is this dude as dumb as I think? What did the wheels/tires come off of? I wanted to ask dude but he drove off 30 seconds after I took the pic. View attachment 1147270

Well, it's a Toyota, soooooo..... it already started off looking like shit, even before the skateboard wheels.

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Yes!
40D18199-F572-4E4F-974A-F048F0AF85E7.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, not my cup of tea, but it must be the owner's. I'm sure people like this guy, and even some people here, would disagree with what I've done to some of my cars. Straight axle swaps on 60's Fords, nose high? Worst handling creatures on earth? Had a couple. Super Duty with a 10" lift, 40" tires and tribal flames...had one. Lincoln Navigator on 46" tires and Rockwell axles...I've even put an LS motor in a 49 Ford F-1. The list of automotive depravity is long.

Someone bought the wheels, the tires....and will be buying bearings and seals regularly. If that's how they want to spend their time and money, seems fine to me.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Being a Toyota and with that set up, that's the weapon of choice over in the Hawaiian Islands.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Duuuuuuuude, don't hate on the 15x7 Dayna danes on the minis man!

View attachment 1147354
I'm far from a hater...double diamonds, Z-rack or spinning bed? Yep, thought they were the shit! The mud tires hanging out, no different to me than the drifter wannabes with negative camber and the tires rolled out. To each their own...and at least their stuff still has gas motors and no plug ins....unless they have a bank charger for the hydros!

Tank

Reaction score
I'm far from a hater...double diamonds, Z-rack or spinning bed? Yep, thought they were the shit! The mud tires hanging out, no different to me than the drifter wannabes with negative camber and the tires rolled out. To each their own...and at least their stuff still has gas motors and no plug ins....unless they have a bank charger for the hydros!
hahaha. RIGHT!? I would've killed for that truck I posted when I was in highschool. Shit, I'd still take a 90's hardbody extra cab with a body drop and Z rack! I actually remember that pic I posted in Lowrider magazine around 92 or so.

I loved the lifted trucks on 42 swampers (had one) as well. And Lowriders (had a few of those too). I think it's kind've interesting how trends change each few years and then as you get older you kind've stick with the trends that were popular when you were a late teen / 20s. Thus you usually get old guys rolling 50's / 60's hotrods, vejitos rollin' bombs, older homies rollin 60's low lows, dudes in their 30's early 40's rollin ricers, etc.

I gotta admit though, I'm not a fan of the wheels that stick out like this. Or the draggin ass look, or even the huge rims low profile lifted truck look (although it's slowly growing on me). Not a fan of ricers for the most part either. LOL.

But like you and bones said, to each their own, it's all good. I try to live by the motto, "you do you".

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
hahaha. RIGHT!? I would've killed for that truck I posted when I was in highschool. Shit, I'd still take a 90's hardbody extra cab with a body drop and Z rack! I actually remember that pic I posted in Lowrider magazine around 92 or so.

I loved the lifted trucks on 42 swampers (had one) as well. And Lowriders (had a few of those too). I think it's kind've interesting how trends change each few years and then as you get older you kind've stick with the trends that were popular when you were a late teen / 20s. Thus you usually get old guys rolling 50's / 60's hotrods, vejitos rollin' bombs, older homies rollin 60's low lows, dudes in their 30's early 40's rollin ricers, etc.

I gotta admit though, I'm not a fan of the wheels that stick out like this. Or the draggin ass look, or even the huge rims low profile lifted truck look (although it's slowly growing on me). Not a fan of ricers for the most part either. LOL.

But like you and bones said, to each their own, it's all good. I try to live by the motto, "you do you".
I was gonna say…were you baller enough to have the lowered mini with the hydraulic bed back in the day?……. I wasn’t…. Lol

Those were good times.

Truth be told I would have killed for a fox body back in 1990….

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Yep. I purchased several trucks that I took and lowered. I can't tell ya how many people told me how I ruined the truck, it looked stupid, blah blah blah. I reminded them first off, I never asked for their opinion and they didn't help purchase it. I'm sure the owner of that truck is very happy with it. See now I'm looking at presumably your truck here and I'm thinking, What.....it should be lower.......is that a long bed????? Factory wheels???? To each his own. Once again the Judgmental peeps of RDP have spoken.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
In the 70s, lowriders from the Barrio would stretch smaller tires out on the rims because that was what they could afford in the Barrio. In the 80s, the rappers introduced it to MTV. Little Johnny, out in the valley, saw this and thought it looked cool and did it to his Nissan so he could be a rap star too. Interestingly enough, there was a hiccup somewhere. The hicks in the sticks realized that some fatty traction in the tractor pull was the way to win. Now, we have this. Redneck rappers that identify as wiggers that vote for Trump. I just don't get it anymore.

Tank

Reaction score
I was gonna say…were you baller enough to have the lowered mini with the hydraulic bed back in the day?……. I wasn’t…. Lol

Those were good times.

Hell no. I saved my pennies and finally, with the help from my mom and dad was able to buy a dropped 78 El Camino painted 97 Geo Storm blue / green (kind've a turquoise) Originally had 15" Craigers but I put Daytons and a safari top on it as quickly as possible. Interior done and big system. I was good to go. 😁 I actually really loved that thing. Traded it for a lifted (hydros) 69 Impala on Tru-Spokes with 59 caps. balck with a peanut butter phantom top. Fun ride. I gotta dig pics out of all my old rides.

Backlash

Reaction score
Yep. I purchased several trucks that I took and lowered. I can't tell ya how many people told me how I ruined the truck, it looked stupid, blah blah blah. I reminded them first off, I never asked for their opinion and they didn't help purchase it. I'm sure the owner of that truck is very happy with it. See now I'm looking at presumably your truck here and I'm thinking, What.....it should be lower.......is that a long bed????? Factory wheels???? To each his own. Once again the Judgmental peeps of RDP have spoken.
Factory SS truck with only a K&N drop in filter and a bed cover. Short bed, factory wheels, etc. 👍

Backlash

Reaction score
Well, it's a Toyota, soooooo..... it already started off looking like shit, even before the skateboard wheels.
Woman, bite your tongue! 🤣 Don't lump all of us Toyota owners into the same category! Granted, they may not be suitable for towing larger items, but they do pretty damn well in the desert when set up correctly. 😜

JJ McClure

Reaction score

Well said sir. I too am an equal opportunity car guy. Don’t really care what. Hot rods, pre-runners, JDM cars, low riders, SEMA show cars and trucks, German hot sedans, 911’s of any vintage, stanced, lifted, lowered.... don’t like some personally, but I appreciate the time, money, craftsmanship that goes into all of them. You do you. But keep it clean, like the Toyota in OP’s photo.

My personal favorite are hot rod shop trucks... I lean towards gmt400’s but think the next one might be a 12-14 scsb Silverado.

4E3D6ABA-5CEB-476B-89B0-696BEA697090.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score

Those were good times.

I did, Worked my ass off for a B2000 with a bed lift kit, neon lights, car phone. Snug top and all the extras, And I had the dump bed. Holy shit I got so much ass with that truck. Pull up to a car of girls on the strip cruising, bass hitting. Before you know it they were in my truck!

Bed was 4 15" Fosgates. With the Snug top, shit would pound so hard!

Take me back to those days!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well said sir. I too am an equal opportunity car guy. Don’t really care what. Hot rods, pre-runners, JDM cars, low riders, SEMA show cars and trucks, German hot sedans, 911’s of any vintage, stanced, lifted, lowered.... don’t like some personally, but I appreciate the time, money, craftsmanship that goes into all of them. You do you. But keep it clean, like the Toyota in OP’s photo.

My personal favorite are hot rod shop trucks... I lean towards gmt400’s but think the next one might be a 12-14 scsb Silverado.

View attachment 1147380
My dad had a lowered 91 Stepside. That is cool.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I did, Worked my ass off for a B2000 with a bed lift kit, neon lights, car phone. Snug top and all the extras, And I had the dump bed. Holy shit I got so much ass with that truck. Pull up to a car of girls on the strip cruising, bass hitting. Before you know it they were in my truck!

Where did all those Mazda trucks go? They are freaking GONE.

gqchris

Reaction score
Where did all those Mazda trucks go? They are freaking GONE.
Yup, you saw my orange one I recently did right? Tried to re-live my youth. Lets just say that bouncy shitty ride that used to be so cool sucked now as an adult! LOL....And the airride always leaked, something always was needing attention.

Should have just done the ol static drop like we used to! Torsion bars cranked and blocks in the back!

Tank

Reaction score

Pics!?

Tank

Reaction score

dread Pirate

Reaction score

JJ McClure

Reaction score