WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Haven't wanted alcohol in almost a year

Booze/Alcohol consumption poll

• Don't drink not my thing

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Bout the same

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Jesus turned water into wine soooo......

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I enjoy a good buzz couple times a week

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • You need rid homer in muy van?

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • My breathalyzer don't stop me from having a good time

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • TRUMP 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 45 72.6%

• Total voters

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Dunno what happened alcohol just doesn't sound good anymore and I guess I'm okay with that. Never had any issues one way or another and had plenty of fun times just have zero craving or want. I'm sure lot's have gone the opposite way during these lovely times but I wanted to try my first poll for fun

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
57201D80-4C94-47E7-A6BC-EEF5A1C8B390.jpeg

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Drink about once a month at some business event or something like that. I don’t really have any in the house. No need. Then come early November I see how far behind I am in intake and catch up in one or two nights. lol

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I quit last July for no particular reason. It just seemed like I had more important things to do. I have had one social drink at a wedding reception and 15 beers since. Weird part is that I don't miss it. It is a new experience spending time with friends and neighbors as they get trashed, and is very entertaining.

charlyox

Reaction score
I haven’t had a beer yet this year. I’ve had three cocktails at different occasions. I just don’t feel like drinking. I used to love it. I have plenty of beer and booze on hand. Maybe once it warms up I’ll revert. Just don’t have the urge.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Quit 3 years ago. No meetings, just quit. I realized I’m enough of an asshole when I’m sober and I didn’t need alcohol to make it worse. I’m still an asshole, just sober. Now I don’t have to worry about checkpoints and compiling a list the next day after drinking of who I need to apologize to. It’s funny, I have no problem hanging out with people who drink but people get super weirded out when I don’t drink.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I don't drink at home. I work from home, go to bars for a beer and app to get out. I keep it to one beer when out. Main reason, we have a non criminal DUI here. It kicks in at .05 blood alcohol content. They confiscate your car, large fine and 48hr license suspension, etc. It would be a hassle. Police here don't need probable cause to stop you and check sobriety. So they sit outside bars and pull you over coming out. I keep my drinks to a minimum because of that.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
It seems I drink too much about once a year. for no particular reason. The event, friends, maybe on a trip. I drank hard 5 days in a row at Oktoberfest in Munich. Took two weeks to recover. haven't had a drink since. Never had the itch to do it regularly. Maybe a blessing.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I started a low carb weight loss program in January. (Down 30# so far) I think I’ve had 2 beers & 2 glasses of wine since then. Reality may set in when we start going back to the River next month 🍻 Cold Beer and Hot Days are made for each other:D

Dbroncos

Reaction score
I drink several beers almost like a daily routine after i get home from work. I don't feel like i need it but maybe the routine says something different. Funny thing is i don't drink anything while at the lake until the evening once the boat is off the water. everyone thinks I'm strange since i drink so much at home. I guess it is easier to enjoy the lake sober than it is to deal with the everyday hustle and bustle of life.......

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've counted my blessings too many times. I'll have a drink here and there. When I'm at the river or desert I have a good time but I'm usually along for the ride or just on foot in camp.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
My intake is like this the past week.. Crack my first beer around 11:00 with lunch.. Then a trip to the fridge every 20 for another..all day long! Used to be id only drink on the weekends.. Its been Saturday for a month now 😂 🤪 🍻

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I quit from 97 through 04, then in 08 quit for good. Like Dirty Daytona just quit , my son quit 6 years ago same way. For me I can be around anyone who drinks but it is funny when I remember what I acted like. At 63 there is no way I could deal with the massive hangovers I used to have.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
When I was 10 yrs old I accidentally took a swig of spiked punch at a wedding and spit it out. It tasted terrible. In my teens when everyone started drinking I passed on it. They said "you need to acquire the taste". I'm looking around at these teen age dipshits thinking why would I wanna do that?

Over the years I had many laughs watching my drunk friends do the dumbest things and even had to rescue many of them including my younger brother (UCLAHater for those who remember) when they were passed out somewhere or just sick. I was never a hater just not participating in the drinking part. Sometimes I found being sober when the ladies were drunk was an asset. ;)

It's all good until you realize you're 40 and half your friends are literally falling apart. Some became alcoholics, most have had a dui and unfortunately some drank themselves to death. I still have a small number of friends (50-65 years old) who still love bragging about what they got wasted on last night just like they did when they were 19. Sometimes I see that type of sensationalism here on RiverDaves. It is what it is I guess.

Anyway, I wish you alcoholics the best and hopefully you all live to 100. 🥃 :cool:

poncho

Reaction score
I drink several beers almost like a daily routine after i get home from work. I don't feel like i need it but maybe the routine says something different. Funny thing is i don't drink anything while at the lake until the evening once the boat is off the water. everyone thinks I'm strange since i drink so much at home. I guess it is easier to enjoy the lake sober than it is to deal with the everyday hustle and bustle of life.......

I take new people out on the ocean all the time, it's always funny when they know me from parties, weddings etc. if I'm not driving its game on.
I'll get asked throughout the day "are you going to have a beer"?.....there's plenty of time for that after the boat is tucked into it's slip. Once I'm tied up I enjoy the routine of cracking an ice cold and tending to cleaning up with some good music playing.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I did my share of drinking when I was young, when I hit around 30 couldn't handle the hangovers anymore. Now I just drink occasionally, but has to be between mid morning and mid afternoon, I need it out of my system by bedtime, which is why I won't usually have a drink with dinner.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
as the Blake Shelton song says, “The more I drink, the more I drink.” I always found myself not stopping at 2 or 3 or 20, so no more for me. I guess I was keeping my demons drunk so I didn’t have to fight them. I’m finding it’s a lot easier to kill those fuckers when I’m sober!! Cheers!

wzuber

Reaction score
I quit drinking on the regular about a year and a half ago. It was a very good choice for me and was easier to do than I thought it would be. Some on this forum may have even noticed I'm not as big of an asshole as I used to be, especially in the political forum. haha

4Waters

Reaction score
I quit drinking on the regular about a year and a half ago. It was a very good choice for me and was easier to do than I thought it would be. Some on this forum may have even noticed I'm not as big of an asshole as I used to be, especially in the political forum. haha
Haven't noticed, LOL

I don't spend much time in P&G

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I started drinking in HS. Heavy! My senior year, I started going to the river, jezuz it was game on. We would get So fucked up it was unreal. Massive hangover on Monday, better by Tuesday, the Wednesday, started getting ready to go back to the river again, driving out with an igloo full of wine cooler on the front seat of my truck. We were wasted by the time we hit Center. How we didn't die, I'll never know.

By the time I turned 21, I was done. I HAD to scale back and join the real world. I partied more between 16 and 21 than anyone should live through. Looking back, it was just nuts. But boy we had us some fun.

Was just a social drinker after that. Never did I drink alone, and I haven't had a hangover in 40 some years. I don't drink to get wasted, just to have a few laughs.

As you can see by my CV-19 survival kit thread, these days, I want to come home and have a Nice drink to relax with.

Everyone is different. My serious drinking days are long gone. They sure make me smile thinking about em though. I'm sure I paid for a good portion of Sundance Saloon! 👍 🌵🥃

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I should own about half of down town Fullerton from my 20s... Also should have a nice stake in a couple of places in Newport from my 30s.

I'm drinking more these days than ever. I hate being stuck at home starting to go crazy.... Most days I won't drink anything these days it's one or two a night. My wife doesn't drink and it works for her.

All I really want to do now is have a couple of friends over and toss a few back tonight just to hang out with someone who arent my kids. I'm not going to but I'm freaking over Corona.

C-2

Reaction score
Quit 3 years ago. No meetings, just quit. I realized I’m enough of an asshole when I’m sober and I didn’t need alcohol to make it worse. I’m still an asshole, just sober. Now I don’t have to worry about checkpoints and compiling a list the next day after drinking of who I need to apologize to. It’s funny, I have no problem hanging out with people who drink but people get super weirded out when I don’t drink.

Yup, same here....14 years later. Not worrying about 2-day hangovers is the best, and "that list."