WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Having a ton of sponsors on a forum sucks!!!

Magic34

Reaction score
If HB goes that way, it is definitely worse off.

On GlamisDunes.com, there are a ton of sponsors, which seems OK. However in every thread I feel like someone responds to something I say trying to sell me their shiat.

You have 20 vendors in the Rhino arena, and they are all trying to earn the same $100 over there. So when you ask a question, it is like getting out of your car at the used car lot, salesman are waiting for you at the door.

Anyone else feel the same way?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Yeah....I see it on other forums....In those settings moderation needs to take place not only with the masses but also the vendors..

Heck with HB...not sure if it was vendors complaining...but they shot themselves in the foot along with hotboat.....

Ultra got instant feedback on their new 32, same with Howard, and a bunch of others...

That's pretty cheap focus groups if you ask me....post a thread, some pics, and wait and wade through the crap....and not wait for the 6 month lag or production, pictures and publish deadlines...

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Ill bet the sponsors don't leave...they dont want to risk a bad review of their products by Hot Goat!!:D

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I hate when I post a question about a detailer and get all those people wanting to detail my car......and then that DriWash guy gets in there as well. It's just too much to handle.

:joke

Magic34

Reaction score
I hate when I post a question about a detailer and get all those people wanting to detail my car......and then that DriWash guy gets in there as well. It's just too much to handle.

:joke

Ha... I rarely told people what I did. There was that short few months span (2 years ago) where I sold a bunch of stuff cheap to give everyone a good deal, but soon after I got away from that.

I dont think it is right to talk smack to other members if you are trying to get/earn their biz. So the easiest thing for me to do is NOT talk about my biz, and talk all the smack I want.

Seriously though, I hate it when the sponsors follow every post and try to sell something to the members. It happens a ton on gd.com.

We didn't have that on Hotboat and that site was rather large. It was nice just going about the fun and not having the salesman behind every post selling you something.

I did like how when dealers came aboard, they put all info/talk about that product/company in that section. Kept that sales feel out of the other threads.

Magic34

Reaction score
That's pretty cheap focus groups if you ask me....post a thread, some pics, and wait and wade through the crap....and not wait for the 6 month lag or production, pictures and publish deadlines...

I will admit, I used it as such 2 times. It was great and didn't cost a dime. :D

B---S---

Reaction score
If HB goes that way, it is defintiely worse off.

On GlamisDunes.com, there are a ton of sponsors, which seems OK. However in every thread I feel like someone responds to something I say trying to sell me their shiat.

You have 20 vendors in the Rhino arena, and they are all trying to earn the same $100 over there. So when you ask a question, it is like getting out of your car at the used car lot, salesman are waiting for you at the door.

Anyone else feel the same way?

AHMEN BROTHER

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I think the ad sells at GD.com are mostly at the rhino threads.

Boats, luckily, come with most add ons already, hence not so much pushing aftermarket stuff.

I don't see much spamming in the sand rail threads as they are more like boats: already have all the extras.

I've detailed cars/boats/trucks on the side for 19 years and never spammed it on any site, just recommended what worked for me on a questioned situation. Besides, any good detailer gets enough business word of mouth or from job site contacts.

Magic34

Reaction score
I think the ad sells at GD.com are mostly at the rhino threads.

Boats, luckily, come with most add ons already, hence not so much pushing aftermarket stuff.

I don't see much spamming in the sand rail threads as they are more like boats: already have all the extras.

I've detailed cars/boats/trucks on the side for 19 years and never spammed it on any site, just recommended what worked for me on a questioned situation. Besides, any good detailer gets enough business word of mouth or from job site contacts.

GD.com has become more business than fun forum. I like that site as a whole, but the few little things that turn me off, keep it the last site I visit when I have time. There are great people there as there is at every site.

Offshoreonly.com is all business also, less of the casual.