WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Having a tough day

rrrr

Reaction score
Today is my Mom's birthday. She would have been 84. It's been nine years since she passed, and I often reflect on what a loving, giving, and strong person she was. Mom did everything needed to raise six kids over 40 years, and loved my Dad unconditionally. I miss you, Mom.

Today is also the third anniversary of my nephew Andrew's death. He was just sixteen when he committed suicide. Andrew was so loving and caring, he was the sweetest child. My heart still hurts for my little brother and his family.

I've already had my good cry this morning. These things are hard.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Definitely a rough memory. An emptiness that we all know never goes away, and never quite gets filled. So many questions for your nephew at such a young age, just about to mature and make life what he'd want. Hope you call your brother and say hello and tell him you love him. My thought is he's feeling a little worse. Stay strong, you're not done yet.

DLC

Reaction score
Yes better days are coming!

its sad to think of the old passing and taking all the knowledge and wisdom of life’s experiences with them!
and yet
It’s even sadder to think of the young passing that never got a chance to gain the knowledge and Wisdom from life’s experience.

to have this happen on the same Day just plain ol SUCKS!

You’ll be in our thoughts and prayers today

Wedgy

Reaction score
I
Better days are coming...

Hang in there.
Timely RM, TY. Still don't know how to start. rrrr, I too lost my Mom Trudy after moving here to Texas. She was the reason I moved here. Our time together was cut short. So glad I made the move. She also made a big difference and touched many lives with her Love. As did your Mom. Her love lives on.

My son Billy's passing at 6, in 1980, took a part of me away for a very long time. I would visit him and totally lose it for decades. People would say, It's all part of God's "plan." I would say the "plan," sucks.
The love we have for them never dies and it never fades away. It hurts so much it aches. I don't think I get the plan, but it makes us who we are. Love them deeply and forever. We leave our footprints with yours, in the sand.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mom!!!

RIP..

RRRR
The best part, our parents who have left us.... are always there for advice.... when you ask a question, they always reply in their own words...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I feel for you rrrr...lost my Mom this year. Struggling with it day by day. Crazy that your nephew chose that day to surrender to his demons.

I can't possibly understand your pain today, but if it helps at all, many of us suffer with you as well for our own losses recently and past I am sure.

Give yourself a big mutherfucking hug from RDP, when you wake up tomorrow you will continue to make the lives around you better somehow, even if it's just listening and empathizing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"God's plan...", "The Lord works in mysterious ways..."

No words I have can, or ever will, mend a broken heart or recover from a loss.

I too have friends and family I miss a lot, and think of every passing day. I live for the better days, and fear the bad ones I know will come. Better days outnumber the bad...and I hope, some day, that I'll see those I miss again.

Best wishes to you and your family. The sun will set, and rise bringing a new day.

ssc

Reaction score
"God's plan...", "The Lord works in mysterious ways..."

No words I have can, or ever will, mend a broken heart or recover from a loss.

I too have friends and family I miss a lot, and think of every passing day. I live for the better days, and fear the bad ones I know will come. Better days outnumber the bad...and I hope, some day, that I'll see those I miss again.

Best wishes to you and your family. The sun will set, and rise bringing a new day.

Beautiful. I couldn't have said it any better. I lost my step dad and grandfather (I was very close to my grandfather) January 20. 20 years to the day apart. 1982 and 2002. I so miss their words of wisdom.

Cheers, Steve

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your pain of loosing your mother. I hope it gets easier for you....

playdeep

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your mother Ron...
Went and visited my Dad at the national cemetery in Santa fe...been 9 years.
Seems like yesterday.
I just heard your friend Rick Quants first wife Jennifer committed suicide couple weeks ago...wondering if you knew her?

rrrr

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your mother Ron...
Went and visited my Dad at the national cemetery in Santa fe...been 9 years.
Seems like yesterday.
I just heard your friend Rick Quants first wife Jennifer committed suicide couple weeks ago...wondering if you knew her?

Jesus. I knew her a little. That's the second time one of Rick's companions have died. Becky Tays died several years ago, she was the mother of one of his kids.

I know you miss your Dad. My thoughts are with you.

Reactions: DLC

rrrr

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I didn't mention my Mom died the day after her birthday, so today and tomorrow are full of memories, most good, and some sorrow that is getting better.

Last edited:

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I lost my mom when I was 10, and she was sick for 2 years before her death. People ask me how was she, and I have to answer I really don't know. Not to downplay your feelings, but I'd have given my left nut to just have had one adult conversation with her. We should all be grateful for any time we had with a loved one.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
My mother passed on Christmas morning 2005. We should have kept her home but instead called an ambulance and went to ER. It was a horror show, crowded, family fights, second rate crew etc.
She would have been 95 last week.
I miss her every day.