WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Having e-mail issues, need help.

srttruck

Reaction score
I'm having e-mail issues. I have a domain with godaddy, using smtp2go as a delivery service with gmail. I'm having problems with incoming international emails getting rejected. I can send to those same international emails, and their receiving them, I just cannot receive theirs back as they're getting rejected. If anyone knows someone who could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks

I even tried a new prop and YES. Still didn't work🤣

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'm having e-mail issues. I have a domain with godaddy, using smtp2go as a delivery service with gmail. I'm having problems with incoming international emails getting rejected. I can send to those same international emails, and their receiving them, I just cannot receive theirs back as they're getting rejected. If anyone knows someone who could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks

I even tried a new prop and YES. Still didn't work🤣

The first problem is your using GoDaddy. And then you are using 2 other email services on top of that? Why?

This is what I use to diagnose email problems...

srttruck

Reaction score
The first problem is your using GoDaddy. And then you are using 2 other email services on top of that? Why?

This is what I use to diagnose email problems...

Shit I dunno, it's free, guess that's why I'm asking for help, lol. It all works seamless till just recently it's rejecting these international emails only. I've been on mxtoolbox and it's showing everything is checking out OK.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with godaddy other than someones personal opinions of the company. MILLIONS of domains are hosted there that work perfectly fine.

Email relies on two things... a MX record for receiving and a TXT SPF record of the IP/host thats sending outbound. (when an email server receives an email from a host, it does a lookup of these records and if they dont match it considers it spam and rejects it). Check those yourself using tools at https://mxtoolbox.com/ or post the domain and we can check them for you.

If you're using both gmail and smtp2go make sure you have SPF records for both in one string. Or some will have you place a CNAME record in your DNS and then use a SPF record of -all so that any host that has a valid record for your domain is permitted to send mail.

Theres also some DKIM records that you can add that wont ensure, but assist with your mail not being marked as spam. Make sure you have records for those added for both gmail and your smpt2go service as well.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with godaddy other than someones personal opinions of the company. MILLIONS of domains are hosted there that work perfectly fine.

Email relies on two things... a MX record for receiving and a TXT SPF record of the IP/host thats sending outbound. (when an email server receives an email from a host, it does a lookup of these records and if they dont match it considers it spam and rejects it). Check those yourself using tools at https://mxtoolbox.com/ or post the domain and we can check them for you.

If you're using both gmail and smtp2go make sure you have SPF records for both in one string. Or some will have you place a CNAME record in your DNS and then use a SPF record of -all so that any host that has a valid record for your domain is permitted to send mail.

Theres also some DKIM records that you can add that wont ensure, but assist with your mail not being marked as spam. Make sure you have records for those added for both gmail and your smpt2go service as well.

I honestly have no clue why, but...

I've taken more than one client off GoDaddy, and everyone of those clients had been hacked.

I don't have to explain to you how shared servers work, and those guys are the king of sharing.

GoDaddy is the devil, in the Word Press meetups I attend.

And if you want tech support...

Get out your wallet, cause it ain't free with those guys!

Just my 2cents. 😊

Reactions: Maw

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Shit I dunno, it's free, guess that's why I'm asking for help, lol. It all works seamless till just recently it's rejecting these international emails only. I've been on mxtoolbox and it's showing everything is checking out OK.

Did you check the Senders domain with MX?

sintax

Reaction score

This....

Ensure your SPF, DMARC and DKIM are tuned up and accurate

traquer

Reaction score
This....

Ensure your SPF, DMARC and DKIM are tuned up and accurate
That's a big one, had that happen with my g suite. If you're paying for something, Google has great support. Godaddy is ok too. Get someone on the phone to set it all up.