WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hawaii travel question

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Thinking of going to big island in Nov. Bought a timeshare there 3 years ago and never used it. What are their covid requirements right now? Wife and I are not getting the jab.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Thinking of going to big island in Nov. Bought a timeshare there 3 years ago and never used it. What are their covid requirements right now? Wife and I are not getting the jab.
We were in Maui in March. We had to download some Hawaii app then upload our negative test results. Hawaiian airline also "prescreened" us @ LAX so when we landed we breezed right thru the checkin area. Not sure if its changed by now

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. All other travelers must have their negative test results from a Trusted Testing and Travel Partner(link is external) prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 10-day quarantine.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Test 72 hours before you leave the mainland. Test has to be Hawaii approved testing lab, CVS works. Upload test results to Hawaii’s safe travel website well before the day of travel if possible. Get to the airport 2 hours before flight If you can. Get to the gate stand in the line and get you a wristband. This will allow you to bypass the check point in Honolulu. Or you can buy the wristbands on Amazon. LOL.

You have to be Vaxed or test 48 hours before eating in resturants. I have heard from family on Oahu some resturants are starting to not ask and just seating you.

Bring a lot of masks!!! Everyone loves to wear them these days. If you don’t have a mask a store will not let you to buy a mask. LOL my son had that fight and we laugh about it to this day.

Enjoy your vacation.

Here is a picture of my parents on theIr last trip that they took to Hawaii

2B1CA4D0-1F3B-48A8-8257-AA8CAC1455BD.jpeg

94essex

Reaction score
Went to big island in end of July. We just had to go to the Hawaii govt health site filled out a few things there. Went to Walgreens 2 days before the flight for tests. It was free then had results within the hour. When we landed they checked a qr code for the negative test and everything else was normal. It was pretty relaxed on the island. Masks in doors but not tense. I'm already ready to go back

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Test 72 hours before you leave the mainland. Test has to be Hawaii approved testing lab, CVS works. Upload test results to Hawaii’s safe travel website well before the day of travel if possible. Get to the airport 2 hours before flight If you can. Get to the gate stand in the line and get you a wristband. This will allow you to bypass the check point in Honolulu. Or you can buy the wristbands on Amazon. LOL.

You have to be Vaxed or test 48 hours before eating in resturants. I have heard from family on Oahu some resturants are starting to not ask and just seating you.

Bring a lot of masks!!! Everyone loves to wear them these days. If you don’t have a mask a store will not let you to buy a mask. LOL my son had that fight and we laugh about it to this day.

Enjoy your vacation.

Here is a picture of my parents on theIr last trip that they took to Hawaii

View attachment 1058248
If you don’t have a mask a store will not let you to buy a mask. LOL my son had that fight and we laugh about it to this day.

LOL. Sounds like the younger days of standing outside 7-11 asking for adult to buy beer. I looked up flights and Southwest has pretty good prices from Reno to Kona. 😂

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
If you don’t have a mask a store will not let you to buy a mask. LOL my son had that fight and we laugh about it to this day.

LOL. Sounds like the younger days of standing outside 7-11 asking for adult to buy beer. I looked up flights and Southwest has pretty good prices from Reno to Kona. 😂

SouthWest…..:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good luck with that. LOL. The wife needs to go up to San Francisco in a week for medical reasons. We have reservations on SW but set up a back up plan that we might drive from Havasu

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Much of your trip will be a PITA due to testing requirements unless you plan to eat in your room or outside at the beach the entire time since you don't want to get the Fauci virus' shot.. We are going for like 4-5 days total at xmas, so the family can see the kids...My wife wanted to stay longer...but I want no part of that shit show. The only way I even agreed to go was lie flat (yay miles) so my happy ass can have as many drinks as they will serve me to keep the mask off. Don't be surprised if you don't get the "warm" welcome that you would have in years past...

safe travels website will have all you need to know listed on it...do not skip any requirements or timelines or you will be spending your trip in your room exclusively.

Tell "King Kermit the fuckin frog" 🖕 from us.

(Rumors was a nightclub back in the day, but David Ige is that dense)

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
leaving saturday for honolulu. GF is not vaxed I think she needs to get test every two days while we are there.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
leaving saturday for honolulu. GF is not vaxed I think she needs to get test every two days while we are there.

She needed to get tested before you leave and the results uploaded into the state portal...as will your vax card prior to leaving..

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, we wont be going to Maui anytime soon.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
We have been to Hawaii so many times in the past, especially when my wife was in the travel business. Had many great trips but noticed a steady decline in the quality of life there due to their city/state policies. At this point in my life I am done with Hawaii. There are many other island/beach spots in the world that are much better.

Tank

Reaction score
We have been to Hawaii so many times in the past, especially when my wife was in the travel business. Had many great trips but noticed a steady decline in the quality of life there due to their city/state policies. At this point in my life I am done with Hawaii. There are many other island/beach spots in the world that are much better.
I basically grew up part time on the big island. We still own there. Various family at one time had 4 or 5 places in Kona they owned. Pat rents and grandparents had been going there since the 60's. We were going up to a few years ago at least once a year, usually over Xmas time but we've been going less and less past few years. Wife's not in love with Kona. She likes other islands better. But with their politics in Hawaii the quality of life has deteriorated. We're talking about heading over for Xmas this year again but I don't necessarily want to deal with any COVID bullshit. 🤦‍♂️

Turnup

Reaction score
Heard this am no indoor dining without your proof of vax, not a neg test but proof of vax. I'll scratch Hawaii til the Civil War pops off.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
One of my workers just got back from Hawaii. He and his family have been vaxxed for a while now. Anyways, he said you have to show vax proof at every establishment. Very strict he said..