WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hawaii

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
this is good news, however I am not sure if we will be coming in December for PipeMaasters as of this time.

I hear you. I just want most to know that the state might be out to keep you out of here I am working on opening things up. I got out of quarantine today and first thing that I did was go on a trip to Home Depot. LOL. I was only one of 5 in the store without a mask. No one said anything to me. Even had a staff member go out of her way to help me find something. Also talked to my favorite check out gal and she was commenting that corporate makes them wear masks at work. She is tired of it on her face for 9 hours a day. I told her about my travels to AZ and the land of no masks and how great life it there. LOL she was shocked that I was able to enjoy a resturant meal without any drama.

Oh one more thing a daughter of a friend was diagnosed with Covid 19 today in TX.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Well got through quarantine yesterday. So today we went to lunch at Dukes in Waikiki. I have to say that if you want to REALLY enjoy Hawaii with minimal crowds I’d come as soon as you can. If you are in the first wave there might be limited Resturants and shops, However you will be able to enjoy the beauty of the islands like no other time with limited people on the beaches. No wait or drama at Duke’s Three tables open when we left.

592D45D2-1219-4770-B80F-A27704221F58.jpeg

traquer

Reaction score
If I had a sailboat now would be the time to take it to Hawaii lol. I think it's ~10 days voyage so your quarantine is almost over by the time you get there.

That being said, the pacific is nothing like the river lol

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well got through quarantine yesterday. So today we went to lunch at Dukes in Waikiki. I have to say that if you want to REALLY enjoy Hawaii with minimal crowds I’d come as soon as you can. If you are in the first wave there might be limited Resturants and shops, However you will be able to enjoy the beauty of the islands like no other time with limited people on the beaches. No wait or drama at Duke’s Three tables open when we left.

View attachment 889879

Man it’s been at least 9 years or so since I’ve been there!

I lived in that outrigger for 6 months one time.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Ok guys and girls who is ready to come to Hawaii???? Looks like August 1st is the first date that you are able to come to Hawaii with an option of not going through 2 weeks of quarantine. You will have to be tested and receive a negative test result for the virus within 3 days of your travels. If not you will have to quarantine. It has been said that returning residents are able to get tested on island after return but not visitors. This will allow the state to not be inundated with test requests from visitors.

As I have noted Waikiki is kind of a ghost town and travel at this point will be like no other time. Not sure how long it will be before it back to the normal “tourist trap” craziness. We have been down a few times to eat and it is nice. Going to Dukes again this weekend. Anyone making over be sure to let me know and I can get you an update as to what is open at the time.

F13EECEF-5283-4A6A-ABED-101AF0DF2605.jpeg

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Went to Duke’s Friday night with friends that ad never been there before. Packed restaurant but no wait to be seated again.

Today we started on our quest to hit the big tourist venues that have haven’t been to in years. We went to the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. Only 6 cars in the parking lot. We enjoyed a tour with only our party of three we in. Next week we are going to hit the Missouri battleship.

0C7837E3-A251-4C13-A5DA-26F968DAA4D4.jpeg
41732431-4DAF-47E1-9494-8ED1903E72C4.jpeg
57B01FA2-DEEA-4F1A-B400-EDBBF8C932B7.jpeg
AD692635-B6E2-4222-8C72-4863A9D5F86D.jpeg
B900B4F2-76AF-4FE4-B4EA-0B5DB368E8E0.jpeg
0C2A90B1-6421-4A56-A32E-331D5DDF9540.jpeg
4C8A39DC-F2B8-49E9-BC93-C60C12A4AB7B.jpeg
24AFF519-777F-475A-9CC7-AF1CAEA6AFCA.jpeg

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Today on our Covid quest to see things that tourist flock to without the crowds we went to Kualoa Ranch. It was a good time that I had never expected. I had not idea of the history or all the movies that were filmed there. The beauty alone is worth the visit.

761935FD-511B-4E66-B510-F4928B8EEE81.jpeg
48E2CA9C-590F-4D13-AC8F-3910FAD6BCED.jpeg
ADAB4139-214C-4EA7-9504-948AB5259F92.jpeg
C34AF251-CEE1-4D97-8905-87B55E025680.jpeg
0B37ACA5-13CB-4A50-B3C0-B3A8652B4263.jpeg
FB696258-0883-4DED-9A0B-1E397F8829B4.jpeg
C4C82C7D-1587-4BD5-8A3C-774CCF040BE1.jpeg
281BBB31-192E-434B-8CA6-E68FA2E8256E.jpeg
E0479545-77F9-4BB2-A246-DD00C4FB8192.jpeg
C7FA09DE-B48F-496F-85E7-6C0C5EC392BE.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Today on our Covid quest to see things that tourist flock to without the crowds we went to Kualoa Ranch. It was a good time that I had never expected. I had not idea of the history or all the movies that were filmed there. The beauty alone is worth the visit.

View attachment 896226 View attachment 896227 View attachment 896228 View attachment 896229 View attachment 896230 View attachment 896231 View attachment 896232 View attachment 896233 View attachment 896234 View attachment 896235
We did a 6 hours private SXS tour on the ranch. It was a great adventure.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
We are screwed. Thanks liberal government and heads in the sand!!!!!

I returned back to Hawaii after a business trip and vacation in AZ. Once again they pulled the rung out from under me. They were going to open up the state to travel upon my return. Didn’t hapen so everyone is still needing to quarantine for 14 days. Then they have a spike of positive test results. Still no significant deaths Other than elderly and underlying health conditions. So they close up inter-island travel. So we just hit 40 deaths last week aNd additional “cases” so they are now talking about stay at home for one month. They claim that we need to do this for the greater good of the population. OMFG this is crazy. Might be heading to the mainland for a month.

Anyone want to have a visitor in a nice setting or swap homes for a month? My wife likes to clean and I can cook or do a little remodeling if needed. LOL

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I returned back to Hawaii after a business trip and vacation in AZ. Once again they pulled the rung out from under me. They were going to open up the state to travel upon my return. Didn’t hapen so everyone is still needing to quarantine for 14 days. Then they have a spike of positive test results. Still no significant deaths Other than elderly and underlying health conditions. So they close up inter-island travel. So we just hit 40 deaths last week aNd additional “cases” so they are now talking about stay at home for one month. They claim that we need to do this for the greater good of the population. OMFG this is crazy. Might be heading to the mainland for a month.

Anyone want to have a visitor in a nice setting or swap homes for a month? My wife likes to clean and I can cook or do a little remodeling if needed. LOL
a spike in the state that has has the most restrictive regulations in the nation, if not maybe the world? But...... but....... masks and social distancing are the answer!!!

Taboma

Reaction score

I do get your frustration and I'm sure I'd feel the same, but just for the record, cuz I'm kinda old, I would find my own death rather significant :oops: 😁

Now that you set foot back in Hawaii soil, will they allow you to travel to the airport and fly back out ? I miss the islands, but I'm kinda glad we didn't move there in the mid 90's as we'd planned.

As a reminder --- California is closed inbound, wide open outbound. 👍 Oh and we're rationing electricity cuz it got hot. 😖 So please, bring your own. ;)

FreeBird236

Reaction score

We're still holding out slight hope for the last week in October, but it's not looking good. I'm starting to believe the states that have recently went through peaks and are now heading down are in much better shape than a state like Hawaii that has no immunity.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Hey would you look at that......they just closed things up for another 28 days. Travel to the islands will not open until October 1st at the earliest. I doubt that will happen...

I am so happy since the death rate per capita is raising fast and now there are 40 deaths out of 1.4 million people in the state. I thin that is 0.00002857% of the population.

Also a whopping 3500+= cases since March

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Just another liberal Democratic governor ruining their state

"If we save just one life it's all worth it"

4bxvml.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Now we need to cut federal money to only the basic funding . Not just Hawaii but all states that are destroying there own economy . It's not fare to the rest of the country to pick up the cost when these crazy gov make these decisions .

Singleton

Reaction score
Just paid $400 so my son could get an Hawaii approved Covid test with results being returned tomorrow.
If negative, Friday he boards a plane for UofH to move into his dorm Friday night. If results are positive, he has to modify his class to be online only and stays home for the fall semester.
He will be part of the UofH educational bubble. Allowed to move throughout campus as needed for 14 days. Day 15 he can explore off campus locations.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Now we need to cut federal money to only the basic funding . Not just Hawaii but all states that are destroying there own economy . It's not fare to the rest of the country to pick up the cost when these crazy gov make these decisions .

Decided yesterday that I will be spending as little as possible here on islands. Just like WA and OR not going to give them one extra penny than needed. Looking to change business model if possible to be based out of somewhere else.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Hey would you look at that. The wife and I are at lunch and she gets an alert. Starting Thursday Oahu is going on a 14 day lock down. LOL F’n idiots!!!!! Met with our financial advisor and he commented that be ready......They are going to raise taxes to cover all the losses. I really need to figure out a way to not make any money in the islands. Anyone know of a good way of doing that?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Hey would you look at that. The wife and I are at lunch and she gets an alert. Starting Thursday Oahu is going on a 14 day lock down. LOL F’n idiots!!!!! Met with our financial advisor and he commented that be ready......They are going to raise taxes to cover all the losses. I really need to figure out a way to not make any money in the islands. Anyone know of a good way of doing that?

I'm wondering how this will affect all the vacation properties/rentals on the islands? I look at real estate in Kihei all the time and I don't see anything out of the ordinary but how long can people go without collecting rent?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
a family member by marriage is all in agreement with Island shut down to save the Islands from Covid-19 apocalypse....

I have to bite my fingers not to reply on her Facebook posts..... LOL

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I'm wondering how this will affect all the vacation properties/rentals on the islands? I look at real estate in Kihei all the time and I don't see anything out of the ordinary but how long can people go without collecting rent?

We're doing the same but up in Kapalua.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
a family member by marriage is all in agreement with Island shut down to save the Islands from Covid-19 apocalypse....

I have to bite my fingers not to reply on her Facebook posts..... LOL

Yeah, there have been 49 deaths so far since March. What is that 10 a month. 1.5 a week. Look up the information on who has died.....most with preexisting conditions And in their 80s. Come on man!!!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The chinese will finish buying everything on the islands...that's how it'll be affected.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
move.

Singleton

Reaction score
Just got my son back to UofH-Moana last Friday.
He is on a 14 educational lockdown. He called today, the in person classes he had have been move online except marching band (which he is on scholarship for). His roommate packed up and is leaving Friday since his physical classes went online (No refund being given for vacating dorm early).

Hawaii does not expect tourism to be back to 2019 levels until 2032. Property taxes, toursist taxes and income taxes going up.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just got my son back to UofH-Moana last Friday.
He is on a 14 educational lockdown. He called today, the in person classes he had have been move online except marching band (which he is on scholarship for). His roommate packed up and is leaving Friday since his physical classes went online (No refund being given for vacating dorm early).

Hawaii does not expect tourism to be back to 2019 levels until 2032. Property taxes, toursist taxes and income taxes going up.

Any word on what happens to a marching band scholarship if there is no marching band?

Singleton

Reaction score
Any word on what happens to a marching band scholarship if there is no marching band?

He still gets the money.
The band plays at all sporting events, so hopefully he starts playing live again next semester

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Hawaii does not expect tourism to be back to 2019 levels until 2032.

12 years from now? So if I do the math right, that's after Ivanka's second term as President and right before Dan Crenshaw begins his first?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200825-204402_Chrome.jpg

Hey Lucy...someone's lying...

Hawaii covid deaths
16 deaths o/70
15 deaths o/80

no other Covid deaths reported

people are drinking the Government Koolaid....

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
View attachment 915359

Hey Lucy...someone's lying...

Hawaii covid deaths
16 deaths o/70
15 deaths o/80

no other Covid deaths reported

people are drinking the Government Koolaid....

That is great!! Can you provide a link to that chart? Another thing I wonder is are they factoring in multiple tests for one person? I have heard of working residents that must take multiple tests before coming back to work. If correct I have been informed that the government is not able to track that as one case with multiple tests.

Today they said on the news that Queen’s Medical Center, one of the largest, is about maxed out with 100 Covid patients. So they are only able to help .00007142% of the population. That is stupid low. They need to figure a way to increase that adn get the economy going again.

That would explain the high rate of case in working aged residents compared to the older.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
That is great!! Can you provide a link to that chart? Another thing I wonder is are they factoring in multiple tests for one person? I have heard of working residents that must take multiple tests before coming back to work. If correct I have been informed that the government is not able to track that as one case with multiple tests.

Today they said on the news that Queen’s Medical Center, one of the largest, is about maxed out with 100 Covid patients. So they are only able to help .00007142% of the population. That is stupid low. They need to figure a way to increase that adn get the economy going again.

That would explain the high rate of case in working aged residents compared to the older.

Tank

Reaction score

Our place has only rented once since April I believe. Vacation rental is in the dumps. I don't see people holding onto their second homes they rely on rent to pay for, for very long. I see the market shit the bed soon over there if they don't pull their heads out of their asses.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Our place has only rented once since April I believe. Vacation rental is in the dumps. I don't see people holding onto their second homes they rely on rent to pay for, for very long. I see the market shit the bed soon over there if they don't pull their heads out of their asses.

Interesting was talking to a couple in New York about a home they are looking to purchase. Was Air B&B for years. You are correct the vacation rental market is being flooded. Fortunately we have family homes as investment properties at this time. I do see good deals becoming available Soon on vacation rentals if you can wait it out.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
News conference minutes ago.....Honolulu locked down for two more weeks. What the hell let’s crush EVERYTHING!!!!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
The real problem is that they can just make shit up, we as common serfs have no access to the actual data.

They can say whatever they want, and we can't do shit without an armed takeover of the local and state government.

They have an active 14 day quarantine and have had an explosion of new cases? It's a FUCKING ISLAND.

I'm calling total bullshit.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
News conference minutes ago.....Honolulu locked down for two more weeks. What the hell let’s crush EVERYTHING!!!!
Science be damned, they have a moron they need to get elected.

fuck democats

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
The wife just got a text alert. Lieutenant Governor josh Green has tested positive with Covid. Watching the news this afternoon they talked to a 92 year old women. She had the test done and said it was not a big deal. Just take the swab and go around your nostrils But today rather than the 5 times them made us go 15 times around each. Talk about controlling the results. The tests are more sensitive than ever, more movement to pick up a positive result on each person.

Here we go they are close things down more than before........

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The wife just got a text alert. Lieutenant Governor josh Green has tested positive with Covid. Watching the news this afternoon they talked to a 92 year old women. She had the test done and said it was not a big deal. Just take the swab and go around your nostrils But today rather than the 5 times them made us go 15 times around each. Talk about controlling the results. The tests are more sensitive than ever, more movement to pick up a positive result on each person.

God damn.

Singleton

Reaction score

Here we go again. We are starting to get updates from the university about moving your student out of the dorms early and that spring semester could be online as well. Had a January vacation planned and now the wife and I are already talking about postponing that.

Taboma

Reaction score

Interesting that your Lt Governor is also an active Emergency Room doctor. Reported that some member of his security team tested positive, so he was re-tested after being tested negative a few days prior. He must bring a rather unique perspective, but perhaps wields little influence ?

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Interesting that your Lt Governor is also an active Emergency Room doctor. Reported that some member of his security team tested positive, so he was re-tested after being tested negative a few days prior. He must bring a rather unique perspective, but perhaps wields little influence ?

Yeah, it is a different perspective aNd at odds with the Governor. He was at the forefront in the beginning and then they pulled him off the front line of communication. He does not say much anymore.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a different perspective aNd at odds with the Governor. He was at the forefront in the beginning and then they pulled him off the front line of communication. He does not say much anymore.

How dare he disagree, lucky to still be alive. :oops:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Not sure which is more anoying......The truth of the video or Crowder’s antics. LOL it is mildly funny....long....but funny

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
BTW, they claim to be opening up the state for travel without quarantine if tested No more than 72 hours before travel. They say it will happen on October 15th. I think that this is the 3rd time a date has been set. Who thinks it will happen this time?