WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Head on at Topoc?

rrrr

Reaction score
I looked at Raegan's IG account, it's just heartbreaking.

If any of her friends or family read this, please know I wish to convey my sorrow and condolences. I pray your memories of Raegan are forever of the beautiful smiling young woman who loved her family and friends, and not the tragic circumstances of her passing.

DrHW

Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all involved with this accident. Thanks to everyone helping to continue the effort. God bless and take care.

spectracular

Reaction score
Heard back from another company willing to help. I have not been able get a hold of anyone at the sheriffs office.

Dear Joel,

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products. We would like to take the time out to give our gratitude and thanks in considering using our devices to complete this Search and Rescue mission. Your request has been forwarded to the appropriate department. Once the information has been reviewed, someone will be in contact with you to further assist.

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free to email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m

Good Boating and Fishing!

Brittney – CRC

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Was thinking about her earlier, so sad for the family to have to go through this.

4Waters

Reaction score
We were talking about her and this accident and the boat rules thread on our way home from castiac lake today.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I keep checking this thread and Facebook hoping, praying that she is found. Can’t even image.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Saturday was the first time I'd been out since the accident. We launched at Pirate's, as usual. We headed up river. I looked back at the area of the wreck, with a pit in my stomach. Water was high, and lots of boats. Feel kind of bad, knowing I took my kids out, and someone's kid is still missing. There didn't seem to be anyone searching the north end of the gorge anymore. Wife and I have decided that we'll be headed up river for the near future.

TCHB

Reaction score
I have not heard anything. Sad

Singleton

Reaction score
Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are still searching, but this one is going to end very sad.
Thoughts are with the family, who will have to say goodbye more then once.

To be honest scares me to run from Havasu to Topock, bc I don’t want my daughter to see a body. My gut says she is stuck on something between accident site and mouth of river and one day she will appear. Not something I want anyone in my family to see.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

To be honest scares me to run from Havasu to Topock, bc I don’t want my daughter to see a body. My gut says she is stuck on something between accident site and mouth of river and one day she will appear. Not something I want anyone in my family to see.
Sadly, that's how me and my wife feel as well. I have three kids at home, oldest being 14. An adult can never forget a scene like that, and often will end up with issues from it. Even though the chances are remote, there is still a chance.
I can't imagine the family's pain. I've lost family, but not anything like that. You knew the timing, the planning and the grieving process was starting. No mater your religious background, the finality of death is different than the goodbye.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Wife and I won't go near the river, always South. We hope she is found but we don't want to be the ones. RIP and thoughts to family and friends.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
She may not be found intact. In three weeks alot of things change with a body in the water. At this point the body is just a black mass of tissue, pretty much unrecognizable.

Every time we jumped in to cool down last weekend it freaked me out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
She may not be found intact. In three weeks alot of things change with a body in the water. At this point the body is just a black mass of tissue, pretty much unrecognizable.

Every time we jumped in to cool down last weekend it freaked me out.
My wife was driving the boat south near Havasu Palms, saw a stick or branch that appeared to have a thumb sticking up and immediately changed seats with me. The thought of it creeped her out.

Meaney77

Reaction score
My wife was driving the boat south near Havasu Palms, saw a stick or branch that appeared to have a thumb sticking up and immediately changed seats with me. The thought of it creeped her out.
We were out the last 2 weekends also and its hard not to keep your eyes open to look for something that resembles a floating body.

LBLL

Low Budget Livin' Large
Reaction score
Wife and I won't go near the river, always South. We hope she is found but we don't want to be the ones. RIP and thoughts to family and friends.

Last weekend out on the Lake we found ourselves scanning the shorelines everywhere we went. No, we certainly didn't want to be the ones to find her, but if it meant relieving her family from the anxiety they must be dealing with at this time for even a minute, I'd deal with the long term mental impact. As a parent, I can't nor want to try to imagine what they are going through right now.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Last weekend out on the Lake we found ourselves scanning the shorelines everywhere we went. No, we certainly didn't want to be the ones to find her, but if it meant relieving her family from the anxiety they must be dealing with at this time for even a minute, I'd deal with the long term mental impact. As a parent, I can't nor want to try to imagine what they are going through right now.
I think as difficult as it would be to find her body, you could find solace in the fact that she would be very thankful you found her so her family could lay her to rest. That is how I look at it at least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I felt this for way eight days. Tried super hard to find my friends hoping I would and wouldn't find them. I don't even know how to describe the feeling.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I felt this for way eight days. Tried super hard to find my friends hoping I would and wouldn't find them. I don't even know how to describe the feeling.

Its a desire to feel useful, helpful, and relevent, but at the same time...hope someone does all that better than you so that you don't have to deal with the mental issues that some realize when recovering a body.

Fully understandable, we all want to help.....and why the authorities that deal with this kinda shit should get paid more.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Can't understand how they have not found her yet.This is just a big heartbreaker.Wish the best for the family members.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was thinking about how traumatic the whole ordeal must have been. The chaos of the impact, the scramble of witnesses moving in to offer what help they could give, a floating mass-casualty event. Time must have passed as people put together the actual number of passengers, and people recovered from the water. That was on a Saturday night. Liquor may or may not have been involved, I wasn't there, not my place to say. What gets me is this one thing...something I don't remember seeing posted about here: The interview on Tuesday morning with a girl who was in the Sleekcraft. Her interview was pretty interesting to me. Why would you be interviewed? Why was that about the only thing from that group? Like I have said before, I've seen some horrendous crap, permanent bloodstains in my mind's eye. I have had to recount my view of scenes to the authorities, while still overlooking it. I have then had to relive the events in deposition years later, not having spoken much of them at all to family or close friends. Different people, different ways, I guess. I just thought poorly of an interview placing blame, when there were still three missing. Maybe I'm just tired and grumpy...ok, tired...I'm always grumpy.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Its really horrible this has hapoened and they cant find her. It seemed like back in the late 90's into mid 2000's there was 1 or 2 people dieing each year back in the Narrows here at Naci (it at least seemed that way from my memory). Many times the driver's wouldnt be able to find the body for days or weeks due to the composition of the mud along with large rocks and poor visibility in the area.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

River Runnin

Reaction score
I hesitate to type this but! ...I asked a friend to ask her Medium (physic whatever!) if she is getting any impressions! .... Normally I wouldn't because I'm not a real believer in that sort of thing! BUT!!..over the 12 years of her telling her stories to us, well, lets just say, her person has been right in to many situations to say there isn't something to it!....But here is what the reader had to say!

It's very confusing, she was trapped under a boat when it went down, If found would be within 10 miles. Trying to be sensitive as possible, she said All would be better off if she wasn't found... There is more but I can't type it! ... Just to say that it was very traumatic to her body and why not found yet! :(:(

I very much hope she's wrong! ....And y'all won't think bad of me for posting this.

Been up there looking once, but so many twists, turns, nooks and crannies, the only way I see doing a real search is with an AirBoat!

Airboat 1.jpg

With Lights!

Attachments

• Lighted boat.jpg
    Lighted boat.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 208

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
At this point, I think they would literally have to Grid search underwater with actual divers from point of impact all the way south. Cover every square inch underwater as well as every foot of shoreline. That also means the river is shut down for all other boat traffic. I don't know if there are enough available divers for that operation to even be doable. Or should I say, divers that are qualified enough and able to get there.

Very sad for the family. Definitely plays on the mind as to future vacations to the area until she is found.

JD D05

Reaction score
I hesitate to type this but! ...I asked a friend to ask her Medium (physic whatever!) if she is getting any impressions! .... Normally I wouldn't because I'm not a real believer in that sort of thing! BUT!!..over the 12 years of her telling her stories to us, well, lets just say, her person has been right in to many situations to say there isn't something to it!....But here is what the reader had to say!

It's very confusing, she was trapped under a boat when it went down, If found would be within 10 miles. Trying to be sensitive as possible, she said All would be better off if she wasn't found... There is more but I can't type it! ... Just to say that it was very traumatic to her body and why not found yet! :(:(

I very much hope she's wrong! ....And y'all won't think bad of me for posting this.

Been up there looking once, but so many twists, turns, nooks and crannies, the only way I see doing a real search is with an AirBoat!

View attachment 685584

With Lights!

I knew a medium also. She hated it because she said she could not control who contacted her good or bad. And bad was really hard on her...Anyway she said Susan Powell "came" to her and directed he to a pond near Kennecott Copper. She and a police officer friend went out late at night to look and saw a black trash bad floating in the center. When they got the investigators to go out and look the pond was gone. I am like you I have no idea really but they seem to know shit.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There is a rumor floating around that searches will continue until October 1st, at which time Bruce's Legacy will come in. I am not anyone but a curious river goer, so not about to contact MCSO or Bruce's Legacy. I did go on Legacy site, and they appear to be the real deal, American Badass, when it comes to this type of thing. I would assume at this point identification would be handled by L.E.
At least the family could have services, and lay her body to rest.

Taboma

Reaction score
There is a rumor floating around that searches will continue until October 1st, at which time Bruce's Legacy will come in. I am not anyone but a curious river goer, so not about to contact MCSO or Bruce's Legacy. I did go on Legacy site, and they appear to be the real deal, American Badass, when it comes to this type of thing. I would assume at this point identification would be handled by L.E.
At least the family could have services, and lay her body to rest.

I see that Bruce's Legacy is non-profit, but not free I'm guessing ??

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

View attachment 685584

With Lights!

I personally would not rule any of this out. I would maybe even entertain having someone like this help in a search. Just sayin. I have seen and been around some weird shit and when all else fails... why not?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I knew a medium also. She hated it because she said she could not control who contacted her good or bad. And bad was really hard on her...Anyway she said Susan Powell "came" to her and directed he to a pond near Kennecott Copper. She and a police officer friend went out late at night to look and saw a black trash bad floating in the center. When they got the investigators to go out and look the pond was gone. I am like you I have no idea really but they seem to know shit.

The pond was gone? (Not sure I'm reading that right?)

RD

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I was on the river all week last week...ran from Needles Marina Park south several times...drove to Havasu and had lunch one day. I was in our flatty and headed back and about a mile or two before sand bar I hit something...it drug the motor down hard and vibrated...then went away...it is not uncommon there to be in shallow water...but it made me realize that it could be somebody. It made me crap myself...but then reality came in...it COULD be. I don't draw hardly any water at 40 MPH...like maybe 10" or 12". I want to add that there were divers in the water 1/4 mile south of Topoc bridge when we came through. I also will add that people don't learn. We sat in camp ground and watched people run up and down the river at night and at speed...STUPID...STUPID. I don't get it.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
At this point, I think they would literally have to Grid search underwater with actual divers from point of impact all the way south. Cover every square inch underwater as well as every foot of shoreline. That also means the river is shut down for all other boat traffic. I don't know if there are enough available divers for that operation to even be doable. Or should I say, divers that are qualified enough and able to get there.

Very sad for the family. Definitely plays on the mind as to future vacations to the area until she is found.

Yep, as much as I want her to be found, I dont want to be the one to find her at this point.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was on the river all week last week...ran from Needles Marina Park south several times...drove to Havasu and had lunch one day. I was in our flatty and headed back and about a mile or two before sand bar I hit something...it drug the motor down hard and vibrated...then went away...it is not uncommon there to be in shallow water...but it made me realize that it could be somebody. It made me crap myself...but then reality came in...it COULD be. I don't draw hardly any water at 40 MPH...like maybe 10" or 12". I want to add that there were divers in the water 1/4 mile south of Topoc bridge when we came through. I also will add that people don't learn. We sat in camp ground and watched people run up and down the river at night and at speed...STUPID...STUPID. I don't get it.

You didn't go back to look to see what you hit? Any damage to the running gear?

RD

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
You didn't go back to look to see what you hit? Any damage to the running gear?

RD
It was soft...weird. I've run through sand before...didn't seem like that. And No I did not go back...no damage and nothing underneath...but I traveled all the way back to Needles wondering...didn't like the feeling at all.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
It was soft...weird. I've run through sand before...didn't seem like that. And No I did not go back...no damage and nothing underneath...but I traveled all the way back to Needles wondering...didn't like the feeling at all.

Prolly just a sand bar. I was standing in ankle deep water at this location last week in the middle of the river where I normally see boats run right over it and they prolly have no idea how shallow it is.

IMG_4799.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My old place was on the water near Needles. About a half hour after Avi was done with fireworks, you'd hear them start to head down river. Some were mellow, others stupid. Over the course of 10 or so years, saw several boats bounce off others' moored boats, or heard shouts of profanity as they came up on the jetty. Since kids, my stuff is parked by sundown. Not worth the risk. I've never been much of a drinker at river or dunes. I always thought of it as a dollar thing...I'd spend my fun money to go out and play. If I missed a shift, and scattered my motor at the dunes, or miss-judged depth at the river, I was done for the season. I've never had the expendable income to just drop toys off at a shop without planning. That was when I was young and single...Now it's not a dollar thing (although I'm still broke:)), it's respect for my wife and kids.

sirbob

Reaction score
Prolly just a sand bar. I was standing in ankle deep water at this location last week in the middle of the river where I normally see boats run right over it and they prolly have no idea how shallow it is.

View attachment 686478

I think that area usually has buoys on the Cal side to mark the shallow area?