WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Head on at Topoc?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The river is closed above the sandbar today for the search area. I have a friend out there helping now and may know more later.

Singleton

Reaction score
I understand that but that seems awfully far for all that were rescued that night. I would think 5 Miles down from Topock would be close to the sand bar?
I don’t think the night of the accident folks were found that far south. Hopefully the investigation will share that data, once published

MSum661

Reaction score
I understand that but that seems awfully far for all that were rescued that night. I would think 5 Miles down from Topock would be close to the sand bar?

A person can travel farther and faster than you can ever imagine if you get caught up in the Gut of the river flow.
We lost a great close friend some years back when she jumped off Her boat in broad daylight near Parker Dam and never came back up. A Beautiful, healthy, Sweet Woman with zero signs of any issues. By the time rescue teams started the search into the night, She had already slipped past everyone looking for Her. Exactly 3 days later She was finally found in Bluewater.
To this day it still makes me sick thinking about it.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I just had a tow truck driver come to my house. He saw my quads in me garage, commented on them, and then asked me if I heard about the accident at the river...

Seem like everyone is talking about this.

:(

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Not true on radar. I almost hit a boat at night on Havasu by copper canyon running about 25 MPH. I was running full radar with Raymarine chartplotter... black/dark blue sailboat, no lights on their boat, nothing to reflect for radar, no mast reflector. If the object does not reflect, radar wont pick it up. There wasn't the slightest blip on my radar that night with regards to this boat... shoreline, buoys.. those all showed up, this 1 boat did not. Still remember it like yesterday, their spotlight scared the hell out of me and changed the way I boat at night.

I've been in fog of the So Cal coast where you couldn't see 100' in front of you... that's worse than night boating because there some big stuff out there that cant turn.

I never said run one but not the other. The combo of the two.

buck35

Reaction score
A person can travel farther and faster than you can ever imagine if you get caught up in the Gut of the river flow.
We lost a great close friend some years back when she jumped off Her boat in broad daylight near Parker Dam and never came back up. A Beautiful, healthy, Sweet Woman with zero signs of any issues. By the time rescue teams started the search into the night, She had already slipped past everyone looking for Her. Exactly 3 days later She was finally found in Bluewater.
To this day it still makes me sick thinking about it.

What is the general speed of the current? 5 mph is pretty fast if afloat. I am far away and have never been on the water here but found out today the neighbors lost several family members. Hard to even imagine the grief they are feeling.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a thread that just gave the updates on this accident without all the other posts. I hate to read back through it just trying to find out if they’ve found the other two girls.

Anyhow. Prayers to the families involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a thread that just gave the updates on this accident without all the other posts. I hate to read back through it just trying to find out if they’ve found the other two girls.

Anyhow. Prayers to the families involved.

If you have FaceBook you can always just go to “Mohave County Sheriff's Office” for official updates. Also, too add, on Twitter just do a search with “Mohave County Sheriff's Office”.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Posted about and hour ago from Mohave County Sheriffs FB page.

Capture.JPG

dave29

Reaction score
Years ago I was camping at Bluewater. I threw out my anchor and the rope slipped out of my hand. The current took my line straight down to the bottom and I had no float on it. It was gone. Now I live on a river. The current is one thing but underwater obstacles will catch you foot or arm and that's it.
This whole tragedy is just so sad. Prayers to all!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Kirra’s body has been recovered.

Just horrific.

Uggg. Sorry brother. At least they can have closure.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Damn....not what I wanted to hear....but sadly this is a horrible deal....I cannot imagine the grief.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Learning from mistakes, people just like you and me make mistakes all the time, so it’s not a bad idea to be proactive when it comes to protecting yourself and friends/family. Bad things do happen, so monitor your environment so you can spot problems and react accordingly. Simply take steps to avoid the harm and don't let yourself get too comfortable just because being on the water/road is all second nature to you.

Havalife

Reaction score
It's a large area to search at least 18 miles to the mouth of the lake. Yesterday first victim was found by the sandbar, this morning 2nd victim was found by the mouth of the lake, this afternoon 3rd was found between the railroad and the 40 bridges. It makes it real hard to search that big of an area and then you have to deal with current and debris in the river. Hopefully the last victim is found soon.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Generally don't comment on threads like this due to mis information, speculation, idiotic comments and down right respect for people who have lost loved ones.

Being informed of such a event is truly heartbreaking...

I sincerely hope that the family and friends grieve and grieve hard, so that they can eventually celebrate their loved ones lives. When the time comes...Celebrate their lives with JOY and know that you will see them again on the other side.

Pray for the grieving...pray for them now.

John 6:40

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It's a large area to search at least 18 miles to the mouth of the lake. Yesterday first victim was found by the sandbar, this morning 2nd victim was found by the mouth of the lake, this afternoon 3rd was found between the railroad and the 40 bridges. It makes it real hard to search that big of an area and then you have to deal with current and debris in the river. Hopefully the last victim is found soon.

How fast they travel underwater is subject to so many factors, body mass (BMI) plays a big part.

brgrcru

Reaction score
so sad. RIP
was hoping all day that somehow the girls just made it shore . but kind of knew the out come.
prayers to all that are involved with this tragedy.
being river people for over 50 years. we have lost so many, it never stops hurting. even if you don't know the people.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
So sad for all involved

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
This entire tragedy is just gut wrenching. When the pastime that we all enjoy turns so tragically fatal it’s hard to reconcile.
My heart is literally broken for these families.

JJK94

Reaction score
It was pointed out to me from friends of the family that Taylor Corbino was in the Sleekcraft, Left out of any news reports I have seen. They have also quoted her father

"Pat Kelly, Corbino's father, was in a nearby boat when he heard the horrific crash.
'We were just turning into Pirate's Cove and our buddy went by us and we were waving at him,' Kelly recalled.
'And we see his lights going on, and then a horrific crash. The river's all dark, it was totally dark.'"

Its totally dark, They are turning into the channel, Doesn't say from North or South. But its totally dark... They wave and they see the lights go on. Shouldn't the lights already of been on? Or just nice choice of words on national TV..
Its too bad that some feel necessary to go public while people are missing.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
So sad to see another horrific boating tragedy this year. Prayers to the grieving families and friends of the deceased and to quick and full recoveries for those injured.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
It was pointed out to me from friends of the family that Taylor Corbino was in the Sleekcraft, Left out of any news reports I have seen. They have also quoted her father

"Pat Kelly, Corbino's father, was in a nearby boat when he heard the horrific crash.
'We were just turning into Pirate's Cove and our buddy went by us and we were waving at him,' Kelly recalled.
'And we see his lights going on, and then a horrific crash. The river's all dark, it was totally dark.'"

Its totally dark, They are turning into the channel, Doesn't say from North or South. But its totally dark... They wave and they see the lights go on. Shouldn't the lights already of been on? Or just nice choice of words on national TV..
Its too bad that some feel necessary to go public while people are missing.
Initial report stated the hallett was northbound and sleek was south

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This was posted on FB two hours ago. Nothing else has been announced.
God I hope they find her today for closure.

Capture.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just an update from someone that is at the meeting. The last victim has not been found yet

HotRod82

Reaction score
My offshore boat has
Raymarine C80 Combo unit that I typically just use for Radar...
I have a Garmin 12" Combo unit that I typically have split screen for GPS/FF
my UHF Radio also has GPS on it...
Raymarine AutoPilot

With all that, I still run at 10knots max at night.

My boat might be worth $45K best case scenario...

I would say that my electronics are getting old, and will be replaced in a year or two..

Thanks for posting this. I was going to post something similar two days ago but decided not to, didn't want to pour gas on the fire. I, like you, have boated out of SD bay at night for literally decades. I NEVER go faster than how far I can clearly see. Period. To me, it would be no different than ripping down HWY 5 at 80 mph in zero visibility 2am fog.

Such a sad deal, totally avoidable.

TCHB

Reaction score
This accident really makes you think about carrying a lot of people on your boat and the responsiblity you have as driver and owner.
Just an update from someone that is at the meeting. The last victim has not been found yet
I talked to the Sheriff’s boat around 5pm and he said they were still looking for the last person. So sad

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
This accident really makes you think about carrying a lot of people on your boat and the responsiblity you have as driver and owner.

I talked to the Sheriff’s boat around 5pm and he said they were still looking for the last person. So sad

Agreed. This accident made my lady tell me that we should start wearing vests. We’ve talked about it before but, we think this might be the push. We’re going to call lifeline here soon to get some made.

Joker

Reaction score
Agreed. This accident made my lady tell me that we should start wearing vests. We’ve talked about it before but, we think this might be the push. We’re going to call lifeline here soon to get some made.

Lifeline has a sale on until Thursday. We are buying 2 to wear while underway.