WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Head on at Topoc?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I agree. That said if you don’t know what you are looking for you likely wouldn’t know what it is that you were looking at.
Totally agree and understand. Hopefully those communities, Snowbirds and bass fisherman, are aware of this this tragedy and continued search.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ve stayed out of this thread other than the first page I think.

My 2 cents.
Having just experienced the greatest physical and emotional loss in my 57 years, words can not describe the feelings I have for her loved ones.
The WORST part for me was waiting to have Deb cremated and get her ashes back. Knowing she was in that freezer was pure hell for me.
I did not sleep well for 10 days.
When I got her back home it was a relief.
I can not imagine the grief involved for her family.

Having said that, IMO the deceased’s spirit is not in that water. She is OK.
She is all around us and with her family.
Grief is a symptom of life.
Closure is a requirement for those who have to go on without a loved one.
A service at waters edge would be what I would do.
But that’s just me and my opinion.

The emotion and need that survivors experience is varied, and I know first hand, like many on here, that getting a loved one home is an extremely powerful emotion...an overriding emotion.
But sometimes letting the departed rest is a closure as well?

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Totally agree and understand. Hopefully those communities, Snowbirds and bass fisherman, are aware of this this tragedy and continued search.
Many won't know she is missing. Perhaps they will say somebody at drivers meeting.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I've been thinking about Raegan lately and an update has been posted on RDP Facebook page. I feel so sorry for the family, especially with the holidays upon them.
RIP young one...

Capture.JPG

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Just unbelievable to me that on the river in an area like that they can’t find her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
What ever happened to the operators? Both sober? Either at fault? I hope it was simply a accident

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yeah this is still on my mind everytime I think about going out there. Sad sitiuation for the family. We were talking about the possible locations with Dave and the group when we were out there and Dave brought up a good point. The currents coupled with where you start in the water could have numerous possible ending locations. He brought up floating the River in Parker and how hard it is to start near the dam and float all the way down without beaching somewhere or having to fire up and recenter. Then you consider on top of the water versus under the water.

The other day I was watching a documentary on Alcatraz and one of the groups of escapies who were never found were believed to be swept out of the bay and into the Pacific. So this group of researchers placed bouys in the water where they figured these guys made it before their raft more than likely fell apart. 2 of the three times they did this the bouys never made it out of the bay. The third time the bouy made it out into the open water. The only difference was the initial placement of a few yards. Underwater obstructions and current patters had a crazy effect on the outcome.

In this case, considering the different locations of the other two recovery's, I'd say the possibilities are endless at this point. She litereally could still be in the river, or all the way down the lake by the dam.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So sad to read the most recent post on RDP Facebook page...RIP.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RiverDavesPlaceGroup/permalink/2197812137102424/

The last update was from 22 days ago. The sheriffs are continuing to look for her 1-2 days a week.

Late last year myself and 9-10 RDP Members spent a couple of days searching for her. We didn't go into it blind and I talked to Bruce's Legacy as well as the Sheriff's dept to try to make the most effective use of our time. With the information I got I decided a slow roll from Pirates on both sides of the river down (roughly current speed) on Jetski's with poles and a RiverRunning's boat running side scan sonar the whole way was the best approach. There are sections that are painstakingly slow with the reeds etc.. and there are sections that you can travel at idle speed (bluff's rocky points where nothing can get hung up). We covered a massive amount of ground in the two days that we looked and basically made it all the way to the mouth of the river (North where it starts into the 3 channels dumping into the lake). I can't say with any guarantee that she wouldn't be found at a later date somewhere between Pirates and there, but I'd be highly surprised if she was.

I think all of us learned more about the river (both good and bad) than we ever knew before.

I hope everyday that something is found to bring the family some kind of closure.

RD

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The Tuesday following the wreck, a survivor and her witness father were on TV doing the interview thing...The party with the multiple fatalities never gave any interviews that I was aware of. My guess would be there was some serious lawyering up. It went dark, real quick. I don't know who's what or why, but still sucks. If operators were drunk, or sober, lights on or off, I just hope if the at fault is still with us, they feel guilt for what happened. If the at fault isn't among us anymore, not much to be said or done. I would like to know if it was booze, or lack of knowledge. I've paid pretty close attention now as I've left Pirate's. I'll tell you something, some people come hauling ass north and come in tight to the bushes on the south of the entrance. They come in hot and blind right up to the buoys. A lot of things look different to me now, after this accident. It opened my eyes quite a bit, and I don't think I'm alone.

HighRoller

Mr. All or Nothing
Reaction score
The Tuesday following the wreck, a survivor and her witness father were on TV doing the interview thing...The party with the multiple fatalities never gave any interviews that I was aware of. My guess would be there was some serious lawyering up. It went dark, real quick. I don't know who's what or why, but still sucks. If operators were drunk, or sober, lights on or off, I just hope if the at fault is still with us, they feel guilt for what happened. If the at fault isn't among us anymore, not much to be said or done. I would like to know if it was booze, or lack of knowledge. I've paid pretty close attention now as I've left Pirate's. I'll tell you something, some people come hauling ass north and come in tight to the bushes on the south of the entrance. They come in hot and blind right up to the buoys. A lot of things look different to me now, after this accident. It opened my eyes quite a bit, and I don't think I'm alone.

They need to move the buoys out past the tip of the penninsula IMO.

Another dangerous trend is boats exiting the mouth of the river and heading straight for the mouth of the channel along the eastern shoreline. Talk about chaos...

Tank

Reaction score
The last update was from 22 days ago. The sheriffs are continuing to look for her 1-2 days a week.

Late last year myself and 9-10 RDP Members spent a couple of days searching for her. We didn't go into it blind and I talked to Bruce's Legacy as well as the Sheriff's dept to try to make the most effective use of our time. With the information I got I decided a slow roll from Pirates on both sides of the river down (roughly current speed) on Jetski's with poles and a RiverRunning's boat running side scan sonar the whole way was the best approach. There are sections that are painstakingly slow with the reeds etc.. and there are sections that you can travel at idle speed (bluff's rocky points where nothing can get hung up). We covered a massive amount of ground in the two days that we looked and basically made it all the way to the mouth of the river (North where it starts into the 3 channels dumping into the lake). I can't say with any guarantee that she wouldn't be found at a later date somewhere between Pirates and there, but I'd be highly surprised if she was.

I think all of us learned more about the river (both good and bad) than we ever knew before.

I hope everyday that something is found to bring the family some kind of closure.

RD
Very cool of you to do that Dave. As you know they were VERY close with Taylor. Kirra's sister was at our house last week.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Dave, I know the efforts and willingness that you and many others have put into this recovery effort and my hats off to you guys.
My post was in reference to the statement's that were posted yesterday on RDP FB page.

upload_2019-1-3_11-54-29.png

upload_2019-1-3_11-56-16.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They need to move the buoys out past the tip of the penninsula IMO.

Another dangerous trend is boats exiting the mouth of the river and heading straight for the mouth of the channel along the eastern shoreline. Talk about chaos...
I agree with the buoys needing to be moved. Sometimes common sense isn't common. As for the channel, I'd never even thought about it. In 10 years, I've been through the channel three times. Twice on my BIL's boat...he's all for the LAM crap. The last time was on one of the "Search" days. I couldn't imagine the chaos on big weekends.

Tank, I'm sorry for the connections you have or had to this. To a lot of us, these are pictures and names. When it happened, it was surreal and distant. They aren't pictures and names, they were friends and family. Not to me, but to someone. The reality is, it could have been any one of us, or our kids. That is what truly frightened me about the whole situation.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's sad to say, but the chances of finding Raegan's remains are close to zero.

:(

Taboma

Reaction score
This is certainly a tragic loss :(
It's easy to think of and be reminded of this horrible event most any night sitting by the shores of Lake Havasu, as you hear boats passing on plane, without even a single navigation light being displayed.
Or you hear the music thumping out on the lake, no engine sound, they are floating on a black sea in black space, not a light to be seen.
I suppose they're thinking (More than likely not thinking clearly at all) that they will see the navigation lights of an approaching vessel, they certainly won't hear it because if it's loud on the beach, it's certainly much louder on the boat. Then you have the other vessel, cruising on plane, no lights, thinking the same thing, no problem, they'll see the lights of the other vessel ---- So what could go wrong ?? :eek::eek::eek::(
If you think either of these scenarios is a rare event, you're fooling yourselves. In truth, it would be rare to find an evening when I haven't witnessed it.