WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Headed to LOTO

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Well, I am finally getting this checked off the bucket list. Heading to LOTO tonight for a few days. Has anyone been? What do you recommend to check out, eat, and most of all drink?
Been on my bucket list too. But I would check out Performance Boat Center, restaurant, showroom, etc.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Well, I am finally getting this checked off the bucket list. Heading to LOTO tonight for a few days. Has anyone been? What do you recommend to check out, eat, and most of all drink?

Should have some good weather for it. I live 2 mayne 2.5 hours away. Rained today but supposed to be nice and clear till next weekend. From what i saw anyways but who knows.... Hope you enjoy your time at the lake. Be safe

Tank

Reaction score
LOTO IS FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!!

All we did was boat, eat, drink, wade in pools, rinse, repeat.

Where you staying?

As stated above, check out PBC. Down at the original pool (redhead yacht club) order the bang bang or pow pow (I forget what its called) but it's a sweetish buffalo shrimp, insane! Off the hook. Pizza's pretty tasty too.

Also go check out the new pool up the hill. The restaurant has like a Bahamian flair. Nachos were interesting but very good.

The big thing to do there is run to a bar / restaurant and then get into the 3' deep pools and swim up to the bars and drink a few hours, then run to the next bar and do the same.

We enjoyed Coconuts and
as well as Tap & Grill, which is owned by the same people.

and back water jacks

We also hit dog days which was ok, a bit crowded but our group liked it. Food was pretty tasty.

Franky and luies beach front bar (kinda a dump but still cool)

Everyone there whether it's the people that live there, visiting from surrounding states, employees, cops, just everyone we met were super cool, down to earth, friendly, and chill. Seemed everywhere we went we BS'd with someone visiting from somewhere. Just a good vibe all around.

Few pics from a couple months ago.
38.png
40.png
48.png
63.png
71.jpg
80.png
81.png
c.png
i.png
KK.png
WWW.png
x.png
YY.png

She's Mine

Reaction score
LOTO IS FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!!

All we did was boat, eat, drink, wade in pools, rinse, repeat.

Where you staying?

As stated above, check out PBC. Down at the original pool (redhead yacht club) order the bang bang or pow pow (I forget what its called) but it's a sweetish buffalo shrimp, insane! Off the hook. Pizza's pretty tasty too.

Also go check out the new pool up the hill. The restaurant has like a Bahamian flair. Nachos were interesting but very good.

The big thing to do there is run to a bar / restaurant and then get into the 3' deep pools and swim up to the bars and drink a few hours, then run to the next bar and do the same.

We enjoyed Coconuts and
as well as Tap & Grill, which is owned by the same people.

and back water jacks

We also hit dog days which was ok, a bit crowded but our group liked it. Food was pretty tasty.

Franky and luies beach front bar (kinda a dump but still cool)

Everyone there whether it's the people that live there, visiting from surrounding states, employees, cops, just everyone we met were super cool, down to earth, friendly, and chill. Seemed everywhere we went we BS'd with someone visiting from somewhere. Just a good vibe all around.

Few pics from a couple months ago.
View attachment 910510 View attachment 910511 View attachment 910512 View attachment 910513 View attachment 910514 View attachment 910515 View attachment 910516 View attachment 910517 View attachment 910518 View attachment 910519 View attachment 910520 View attachment 910521 View attachment 910522
Great info, thanks for all of it. I hope to be able to check out PBC and a few of the restaurants and bars you mention here.

golakers

Reaction score
Redhead
Paradise
Coconuts
Shorty Pants
Margaritaville
Tap and Grill
AND MORE

brownsuger

Reaction score

I live 3 hours away and have been there a few times. Not a bad time to be had at any place you go IMO....
Tourism is up double there from a year ago, so if you're on the water my advice is to be damn careful.... A lot of idiots in go fast boats paid for by daddy that have no clue as to what their doing....

Tank

Reaction score
Starting off with a full plane!
Flying into KS or St. Louis? About a 2.5 to 3 hour drive to the lake either way. Not a bad drive though.

Oh, and if you've never seen lightening bugs, it was kinda a big deal for us to go out and see them. We've never seen 'em before and they are a freak of nature cool. There's also a shit ton of armadillo's running around and ground hogs. I know it sounds dumb but we had a blast running around the golf course at midnight looking at the fire flies. Just shit you don't ever get to see being from California.

She's Mine

Reaction score
Flying into KS or St. Louis? About a 2.5 to 3 hour drive to the lake either way. Not a bad drive though.

Oh, and if you've never seen lightening bugs, it was kinda a big deal for us to go out and see them. We've never seen 'em before and they are a freak of nature cool. There's also a shit ton of armadillo's running around and ground hogs. I know it sounds dumb but we had a blast running around the golf course at midnight looking at the fire flies. Just shit you don't ever get to see being from California.

Flying in St. Louis via DFW. Right on. We dig in seeing shit that you never see in Ca. Looking forward to this trip even though it is short at least it will give us a small taste and fuel the desire to come back.

we are looking to rent a boat so we can get on the water.

Tank

Reaction score
Flying in St. Louis via DFW. Right on. We dig in seeing shit that you never see in Ca. Looking forward to this trip even though it is short at least it will give us a small taste and fuel the desire to come back.

we are looking to rent a boat so we can get on the water.
You'll want to go back. We're already booking the 2021 Cig Run. We almost went back a few weeks ago, just to go. But I don't want to deal with the COVID crap while traveling.

There's boat rental places all over the place. Stand by when you're out there in the wakes of 60' cruiser plowing through the water at 15-20 mph. Water gets stupid sloppy.

Where are you guys staying?

She's Mine

Reaction score
First stop after check in is Baxter’s Lake Side Grill. So far everyone has been over the top nice. Even the 2 hour drive in from St. Louis was awesome.

check out this view.

Attachments

• 079ADA0C-BDF9-48AB-8313-98973EBE6C34.jpeg
    079ADA0C-BDF9-48AB-8313-98973EBE6C34.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 95

BlowMe

Reaction score

Yall dont have them there?

BlowMe

Reaction score
I live 3 hours away and have been there a few times. Not a bad time to be had at any place you go IMO....
Tourism is up double there from a year ago, so if you're on the water my advice is to be damn careful.... A lot of idiots in go fast boats paid for by daddy that have no clue as to what their doing....

Been like that on the Mississippi the past couple of years as well. Fucking morons. I call them " tax returns" seemed like every moron bought one with their tax return or stimulus check. We chased down a big cruiser last weekend. He went by plowing and about sunk about 6 of our boats. We chased him down and had some words with him

Tank

Reaction score
Yall dont have them there?

Nope! I’ve never seen a lightening bug in my life. And I’m 45. Until we hit LOTO. Or a ground hog or an armadillo. Those are Not ca native lol

Tank

Reaction score
First stop after check in is Baxter’s Lake Side Grill. So far everyone has been over the top nice. Even the 2 hour drive in from St. Louis was awesome.

check out this view.

RDP is getting some good rep in LOTO lately. I think we need a satellite office. Maybe an RDP 4 bedroom house on the water with dock. Like members thing. What say you @RiverDave

BlowMe

Reaction score
Nope! I’ve never seen a lightening bug in my life. And I’m 45. Until we hit LOTO. Or a ground hog or an armadillo. Those are Not ca native lol

Guess its just something i took for granted and never really thought about....running around the back yard as a kid whacking them with whiffle ball bats was a blast lol. And if you draw lines on the concrete with their butts they still glow for awhile btw lol. Fun times growing up. And the armadillo population has blown up in the past few years. They never used to be out here by me and now im seeing them on the side of the highway 10 minutes down the road. Its crazy.

Tank

Reaction score
Guess its just something i took for granted and never really thought about....running around the back yard as a kid whacking them with whiffle ball bats was a blast lol. And if you draw lines on the concrete with their butts they still glow for awhile btw lol. Fun times growing up. And the armadillo population has blown up in the past few years. They never used to be out here by me and now im seeing them on the side of the highway 10 minutes down the road. Its crazy.

Margaritaville property is insanely huge (old tankari or whatever it was called) and the golf course path is super cool and winds through the woods and stuff so we were all hammered and walked it and just tripped the fuck out chasing lightening bugs. Great time.

Dead armadillos all
Over and ground hogs walking everywhere. And deer! Jesus never seen so much deer

Joe mama

Reaction score
Went there many years ago fricking fun place. We were on a family members
16’ pontoon with a little outboard, middle of the week just seeing the sites and hitting some bars. Out of nowhere comes this huge wake the pontoon nose dives and buries into the next roller. No shit, all our shit was floating in the lake along with three family members, the driver throws it in reverse since the nose was under water and the prop was spinning in the air. Lol There is some big swells that come out of nowhere...Good times

She's Mine

Reaction score
Hung out at the hotel bar. Staying at The Lodge. Cool place for sure. Saw this little guy heading back to the room, tried chasing it to get a better pic but 3 Long Islands won over the pic.
6FAFFBE0-B5DA-42BE-A5BA-B8760EDA8945.jpeg
B5F247AB-3232-4226-92FF-957147119AEA.jpeg

caribbean20

Reaction score
We were there in June. Stayed in a cabin suite on the water at Margaritaville. Redhead, Shorty Pants both fun. For a high end meal, Jeffreys Steak & Lobster on Hwy KK. I chartered a 31’ CC and had the captain show us around (my first trip), plus we had a DD, it was worth it.

Some awesome hardware out there. We saw a mean MTI canopy hauling the mail. We liked it so much we’re looking for a vacation house on the lake. Many, many nice properties.