WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heading to Cigarette Rendezvous, Lake of The Ozarks (pics)...

Tank

Reaction score
I think it’s dark blue, a full Kevlar hull, and 3’s not 3A’s. He has a condo on the water there and was a good guy to deal with. Hoping the rest of his remodel was drama free.
I’ll keep my eyes out!

Tank

Reaction score
I’ll never forget the Speedracer boat rolling, not all the way over, in the first turn right in front and to my outside of me at a race in Benicia and watching Dick Simon skipping across the water in front of a bunch of Factory 1 boats to my outside. Thank God nobody hit him.

I have pics on my computer of that. When Cheng bought the boat and named it speed racer he sent it back to cigarette to be completely gone through. Ken, the current owner bought it from a. Guy that had it repainted. While it’s a beautiful paint job (it’s actually on the rendezvous run flier twice) it’s a shame they covered the original paint.

Tank

Reaction score
So, looks like we aint gonna make it. :(:( Super sad face. Our kids dog that's only 4 years old has had a bad infection and sick for two weeks. None of the antibiotics or steroids have done shit and he's declining in health as the days go by. He's on deaths doorstep. He's only 5 lbs and already lost 1 lb. My wife is required to hand feed him this protein crap and give him two doses of medicine a day, not to mention dose our 5 y/o with medicine for an eye infection. Blood work on the dog is at the lab (I'm already 1k into this dog ordeal!) waiting to confirm it's most likely a fungal infection, so hopefully he makes it long enough to confirm and start the meds for that. Was going to have my wife's sister deal with the dog but when my wife called her this morning to find out if she could, she tells my wife she just got off the phone that her husbands mom died this morning! I'm like Jesus H! All signs are pointing to abort. My wife is awesome (some of you know her and she really is freakin awesome) and she's like (with out the guilt trip) you can go, you should go but I just can't leave her to deal with all of this while I'm drinking and running around on cigarettes partying for 5 days. Plus, if our dog dies my 10 y/o and 5 y/o are gonna lose their shit and most likely we're gonna need a distraction or something and I just want to be there for them if that happens. So, I gotta read the signs on the wall and heed the warnings. Shit isn't meant to be for this trip. Super bummed, was looking forward to seeing a bunch of friends from all over the country but there's always the next year, or even the shoot out in August. RD and Stacy are still going and gonna run with my buddy on the Tiger so it'll still be covered and I'll still post all the pics friends send so we can all vicariously live through them!

PlanB

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope everything works out okay...

milkmoney

Reaction score
That sucks ...poor Tito....and yes kelly is awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
That sucks ...poor Tito....and yes kelly is awesome

Thanks Dave. Hope to see you soon brotha!

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that when shit falls apart, sometimes itis better just to not fight it...
Bummer about the trip though.

Tank

Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that when shit falls apart, sometimes itis better just to not fight it...
Bummer about the trip though.
Wife and I were texting back and forth the same thing this morning. Trying to figure this dog thing out, searching for options that were all shot down. It's like it was just meant to be. I fought a bit, but it just wasn't in the cards. But when I go to unbook stuff, it went as smooth as butter so at least that's good.

j21black

Reaction score
One week and counting....Stand by for plenty of pics and most likely some drunk posts:eek::D

Some pics of previous runs.

View attachment 761629

Bottom left of the flyer is Ken's boat. It was orginally an F2 race boat. One of my buddies Perry is on board in the pic.

It's a badass boat. Not sure if he is attending this year or not.

Tank

Reaction score
Bottom left of the flyer is Ken's boat. It was orginally an F2 race boat. One of my buddies Perry is on board in the pic.

It's a badass boat. Not sure if he is attending this year or not.
Ha, you know Ken? Good dude. He is indeed going. Been texting with him past couple weeks about the trip. Offered up a ride for us but we were rolling in the Tiger.

j21black

Reaction score
We've talked on the phone a few times and on forums. Haven't heard much from him since last year's run.

He is supossed to call me first, if he decides to sell her....:D

Tank

Reaction score
We've talked on the phone a few times and on forums. Haven't heard much from him since last year's run.

He is supossed to call me first, if he decides to sell her....:D

He's got it in very nice shape. I don't think he'll ever sell hat thing!! LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Didn’t sleep last night and at the airport this morning.. lookin good I’m sure.

image.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Now you guys tell me. I have $1200 credit for one year because I cancelled our flights. Never flown them.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Now you guys tell me. I have $1200 credit for one year because I cancelled our flights. Never flown them.
Since they suck . Just transfer to me.

Icky

Reaction score
South west isn't that bad, 2 options at the min you hit the 24 hour mark, check in for your flight and hope to get an A or B # and if you dont like the # you got, pay to upgrade to the A 1-9. That being said I like delta, American and jet blue hetter

Tank

Reaction score
South west isn't that bad, 2 options at the min you hit the 24 hour mark, check in for your flight and hope to get an A or B # and if you dont like the # you got, pay to upgrade to the A 1-9. That being said I like delta, American and jet blue hetter

Southwest has to be better than Spirit Air. Oaf! Flew that shit one time and one time only. Wife’s like, “never again!” Tickets can be half price of others and she’s still like, “nope!”

I do like delta. Virgin is pretty good. We’ve been FUUUUUUCKED more than once by American!!! I vowed to never use them again so try my hardest not to. I used to like United but it seems they never fly the times and destinations I need.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I flew spirit once also. never ever again i dont care if they offered free flights i would not fly on that pos airline again

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Spirit isn’t even an option for me.. Did that once to Florida and my ass still hurts from that seat!

LHCBOY

Reaction score
I fly SW all the time. Little secret with SW. I always pre-board sit in the first row and have the middle seat empty. If you are tall or a little larger like me. When booking your ticket, book another one with the middle name as XS. This will ensure pre-boarding after wheel chairs and the middle seat empty always even if the flight is FULL. Then when the trip is complete call them up and request a refund for that XS seat. Usually takes 72 hours for the refund to hit my Amex. Search XS seat for Southwest for all the info. They will give you the directions on how to do this also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milkmoney

Reaction score
Like you need that. If I had half your money, I’d burn mine!

:D:p
If I had all the money you think I have ....I would burn yours too

milkmoney

Reaction score
I flew spirit once also. never ever again i dont care if they offered free flights i would not fly on that pos airline again
Spirit isn’t even an option for me.. Did that once to Florida and my ass still hurts from that seat!
I have a 350 buck credit on spirit...which one of you want it. Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just landed in St Louis! Getting the rental car and on our way.. probably gonna take a nap when we get there

buck35

Reaction score
I fly SW all the time. Little secret with SW. I always pre-board sit in the first row and have the middle seat empty. If you are tall or a little larger like me. When booking your ticket, book another one with the middle name as XS. This will ensure pre-boarding after wheel chairs and the middle seat empty always even if the flight is FULL. Then when the trip is complete call them up and request a refund for that XS seat. Usually takes 72 hours for the refund to hit my Amex. Search XS seat for Southwest for all the info. They will give you the directions on how to do this also.

Wouldn't that be fraud?
What about the poor fucker on a standby ticket left behind so you can sprawl out in your 2 seats.??

HCP3

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be fraud?
What about the poor fucker on a standby ticket left behind so you can sprawl out in your 2 seats.??

They only refund the the XS ticket if the flight does not go out full. But, I do see your point.

"Southwest publishes extensive details on their policy on its website. Southwest’s policy is also probably the best well known — customers of size are asked to buy a second ticket, but if the plane doesn’t go out full they refund the cost of that second seat."

Last edited:

LHCBOY

Reaction score
They only refund the the XS ticket if the flight does not go out full. But, I do see your point.

"Southwest publishes extensive details on their policy on its website. Southwest’s policy is also probably the best well known — customers of size are asked to buy a second ticket, but if the plane doesn’t go out full they refund the cost of that second seat."

Never had them not refund the ticket. I fly 3 times a month out of Tampa and never had an issue here is the refund policy
View attachment 764038

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be fraud?

No fraud doing it as this is a published policy for SW. I do this not for my convenience but for the other passengers. I sure would not want to sit next to my fat ass in a small seat.

And for the standby passengers that is exactly what it is standby. I have been on the other side of it and I just deal with it.

Tank

Reaction score
Did you take a drone?! Thanks for the pics Dave. Keep em coming.

Funny the purple and yellow boat was built by the guy that built our top gun we bought from him

And the second boat is Toms old boat “Hot For Teacher” that fast Freddy blew away in havasu LOL!
In the drone shot that’s a 45 Maximus at the end (1 of 5 made). American Muscle 46er down a couple from it was owned by a buddy out here in California for a while.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
you're a good dad/hubs/fur dad Tank! Hows the pups? Beautiful boats!