WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heading to the Avalon pontoon dealer meeting this morning... updates over the next 2 weeks

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I was referring to "+ prop"
that's why i put it in bold
We rented a toon in Bora Bora. Without a captains license there it's 5hp max you can rent. Dang kid in a kayak passed us.....and a damned licensed captain nearly ran into us(we were anchored) with 40 tourists onboard, literally avoided us by a foot or 2, wife and I were about to abandon ship.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Looks like I might have found the mythical creature. It comes with a 40 HP engine. It might work for those bar runs in Parker but I don't think it would make it up river with a real current like Bullhead or Needles.

https://www.avalonpontoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/avalonvls.pdf

View attachment 1007647

View attachment 1007648
It would get the job done, it’ll just take a while to get anywhere. Back in the late 70s I grew up on a 26 foot starlight pontoon with a 50 hp Suzuki. We had a blast on that old boat took forever to get anywhere but it was still fun.

It would be interesting to see how much it would drive up the price to upgrade to a 75 or 90. I wonder what the max from horsepower rating is on that little toon?

78Southwind

Reaction score
It would get the job done, it’ll just take a while to get anywhere. Back in the late 70s I grew up on a 26 foot starlight pontoon with a 50 hp Suzuki. We had a blast on that old boat took forever to get anywhere but it was still fun.

It would be interesting to see how much it would drive up the price to upgrade to a 75 or 90. I wonder what the max from horsepower rating is on that little toon?
It says 115HP at the bottom of the ad for the 20 pontoon. I am pretty sure you are not getting a brand name engine for that price. My buddy has a 20 pontoon with a 75 Honda and it can’t be faster than 15 mph up River.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
Can someone with a Mac download these videos and upload them to YouTube? I tried to watch them with my Ipad and the server they are hosted on just can't hang. I even tried to download one of them on my PC so I could watch it but they are not compatible with MS.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
I got this one to upload to YouTube via my phone.

Even though I couldn't watch it on my PC I was able to upload it to YouTube.

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It says 115HP at the bottom of the ad for the 20 pontoon. I am pretty sure you are not getting a brand name engine for that price. My buddy has a 22 or 20 pontoon with a 75 Honda and it can’t be faster than 15 mph up River.
Probably about right, my old 22 foot bass buggy pontoon with a 70 Johnson on it ran 18 miles an hour set on kill.😊

riverroyal

Reaction score
Can ask them if i can get replacements for these 2015 lights? Apparently they dont like heat.
20201229_130643.jpg

Reactions: DWC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Cool thread! Seeing the process of them building them makes me even more curious on why the hell they cost so much. Seems crazy. The profit margin must be huge!!

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite after looking at all the pics...

Huge difference from how they built my old town.

Old, but very cool thread. 👍

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
There's a lot more fisherman in this world than there are performance toon boaters.
Yessir, it's easy to get stuck in our "performance boat" bubble and forget our bubble is only one of many, many others. Kinda like trucks that don't fit the west coast lifted offroad style are "stupid".
I've learned to appreciate styles not normal to us....not that I'd want one, but the effort put into them.
Have you seen the Asian Ricers with 8 foot exhaust pipes? Funky for sure but the creativity is strong.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yessir, it's easy to get stuck in our "performance boat" bubble and forget our bubble is only one of many, many others. Kinda like trucks that don't fit the west coast lifted offroad style are "stupid".
I've learned to appreciate styles not normal to us....not that I'd want one, but the effort put into them.
Have you seen the Asian Ricers with 8 foot exhaust pipes? Funky for sure but the creativity is strong.

Those truck are Stoopid! 😂

But yeah...

I'm happy just being on the water. 🥰