WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heading to the Avalon pontoon dealer meeting this morning... updates over the next 2 weeks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jim I am watching all the videos right now!! First time since we have launched the video feature that not one of them has buffered either. I'm not sure if that is because my internet speeds are crazy fast right now or if My IT guy changed something on the back end..

I'm probably 1/4 the way through watching them right now. Appreciate the coverage!! Gonna have to put you on the payroll! :D

RD

Hdgasser

Reaction score
I think you meant to reply to my post.

Ya know I must retract my previous statement. Seems like you can get a new one of these Avalons set up pretty nice for about 35k and a nicer one with tower for 45-50k.

I guess I was mistaking them for some of the toons that are north of 150k.

don’t get it twisted... that Excalibur he posted a video of with twin 450’s is north of $200k

They make them all from 30k+... The Excalibur line starts at $100k

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
2198D558-97D9-40C0-BA77-B1879198E226.png
2198D558-97D9-40C0-BA77-B1879198E226.png

sirbob

Reaction score
Jim I am watching all the videos right now!! First time since we have launched the video feature that not one of them has buffered either. I'm not sure if that is because my internet speeds are crazy fast right now or if My IT guy changed something on the back end..

I'm probably 1/4 the way through watching them right now. Appreciate the coverage!! Gonna have to put you on the payroll! :D

RD

HAHA - thx Dave, trying to keep my mind busy on something new. I'm enjoying the show. More to come!

spectras only

Reaction score
Wondering, why still plywood [ am sure it's marine grade ] used for the floor? Kelron is impervious to rot and would outlast the toon itself. I used Kelron to replace the floor in my 72 Spectra 24. It's only double the cost of marine plywood, but the price of the top line Avalon sure deserves Kelron or any composite material where it matters. Maybe I'm missing something here?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I hope they have worked on keeping their promised delivery times, or at least improved. We ordered an Excalibur in January, 2018 and were told it would be delivered by April. When the delivery got pushed back a couple more times and eventually through the summer (and not guaranteed at that time either), we pulled out of the deal. They are great looking boats and from the Avalon owners I've spoken to they are well liked.
Oopsy.... huge demand for these things presently as us old farts on water have changed desires ha.... hope ya didn't lose any $

sirbob

Reaction score
Quick heads up - we are going live on Avalon pontoons Facebook page in 10 min.

High noon on the west coast - hear the CEO and the Dir of Marketing talk about the 2020 dealer meeting!

sirbob

Reaction score
First boat is ready to shoot for the 2021 catalogue. Three days of this ... next week will be all the on the water shots.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Thanks for your great work on these videos and pics! Do you happen to recall the @price on the blue and gray Catalina with the 300? Just curious where that boat lands.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That's a shit ton of aluminum, curious where they source theirs from?

sirbob

Reaction score
Thanks for your great work on these videos and pics! Do you happen to recall the @price on the blue and gray Catalina with the 300? Just curious where that boat lands.

I only saw dealer prices this week and I really can’t share that.

However I would guess it’s around the low 100s ??? But PLEASE don’t hold me to that - I’m really guessing based on the dealer price I saw. Also I seem to recall that boat (grey/ blue w black out package) had a 175 Merc when I videoed it.

I will say I really like the look of that boat !

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
I only saw dealer prices this week and I really can’t share that.

However I would guess it’s around the low 100s ??? But PLEASE don’t hold me to that - I’m really guessing based on the dealer price I saw. Also I seem to recall that boat (grey/ blue w black out package) had a 175 Merc when I videoed it.

I will say I really like the look of that boat !

Thank you for the ballpark price. That sounds about where I thought it would be. Nice looking toon for sure. Thanks again!

Mrhavasu

Reaction score
While I’m sure there is a fair margin, it’s not as easy as it seems. What I’m showing is the assembly line. That looks easy (but is a skill set) to screw stuff together, but it’s a lot more than that to build these!

They have millions tied up in things like giant metal presses for bending and forming metal, rooms full of embroidery machines, more darn welders than I’ve ever seen in one place, raw materials that are used to make up the sub assemblies etc.

It might look simple but truthfully, I have a new appreciation for these things !

I have one and really like it except for how they cannnot seem to make a floor joint even. I can see the deck joints and some are bad. They also
did not get the aluminum frame tight inside the fiberglass shell wrapping the rear seats. That has caused other problems I had to fix.
The rest of it seems fine, but I have to agree, for the money, it should be better.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have one and really like it except for how they cannnot seem to make a floor joint even. I can see the deck joints and some are bad. They also
did not get the aluminum frame tight inside the fiberglass shell wrapping the rear seats. That has caused other problems I had to fix.
The rest of it seems fine, but I have to agree, for the money, it should be better.
My floor is perfect flat. Zero issues
Now my Montana 5th wheel that another story

riverroyal

Reaction score
Sirbob. We just finshed day 4 on powell in our avalon ambassador. Over 250 miles. Zero issues

Monday was the worse minsoon ive ever experienced. 70 mph wind at least. Zero visibility. Life jackets on. Scared all of us pretty bad. The toon did great. I pointed in down and canyon and stayed at 10mph driving by gps bread crumbs on my dash.

My old magic would have water over the front for sure.

Solid built boat

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

sirbob

Reaction score

I know I said I thought it had 175 horse motor but when I went back to the hotel last night I kept thinking to myself well was it? So I went back out to the yard to take a look at that boat and it does in fact have a 300 on it. So the price I was talking about earlier in my mind, what I thought it might be would’ve been with the 300 not the 175.

672600A3-2770-40CE-9D0F-10001DFFF3F8.jpeg

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
I know I said I thought it had 175 horse motor but when I went back to the hotel last night I kept thinking to myself well was it? So I went back out to the yard to take a look at that boat and it does in fact have a 300 on it. So the price I was talking about earlier in my mind, what I thought it might be would’ve been with the 300 not the 175.

View attachment 904975

Seems like a nice package. I've always liked the Avalons and it sounds like they're really pushing the line up forward!

DWC

Reaction score
All I can say is I hope I never get to the stage where I buy a Toon.... however, that said I would fully enjoy friends that own them and take me out on occasion when I want a fresh water day .
I would have agreed with you 100% up until I jumped on the Trifecta raft up at the LBR. Those toons were clean as hell. The layout and creature comforts are pretty badass. My BIL is getting ready to buy a new boat. He was looking at deck boats with 525 or bigger power until he started looking at toons.. My bet is he ends up with a nice float with aluminum logs. Neighbor is trying to trade his Tige in for a toon. Just trying to find one.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I would have agreed with you 100% up until I jumped on the Trifecta raft up at the LBR. Those toons were clean as hell. The layout and creature comforts are pretty badass. My BIL is getting ready to buy a new boat. He was looking at deck boats with 525 or bigger power until he started looking at toons.. My bet is he ends up with a nice float with aluminum logs. Neighbor is trying to trade his Tige in for a toon. Just trying to find one.
This is really saying something, because I know the deck boat you have. This week I did maintenance on a twin 350 'toon. The gentleman sold his deck last year and bought it. Happy as can be.

Times have changed. Even the little 90hp model above will go 30+, and the bigger OBs are moving big 'toons at speeds faster than a living room should go. For freshwater, not much a 'toon can't do.

Reactions: DWC

sirbob

Reaction score
8C6C47A7-D59A-4924-8EF1-9546A79B1FDC.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yeah I'm just being stubborn is all... I just still dig running through the air offshore is all.... when I grow up a bit more I know I'll end up tooning. I think it all depends on what a persons boat experience consist of right. I must say however that I am seeing more and more of these things launching at our Newport Beach ramp so that tells me its just a matter of time before I see one out in the ocean on a flat day, ha. The party people gonna push the limits sooner or later round here..... hope I get to see that.

DWC

Reaction score
Yeah I'm just being stubborn is all... I just still dig running through the air offshore is all.... when I grow up a bit more I know I'll end up tooning. I think it all depends on what a persons boat experience consist of right. I must say however that I am seeing more and more of these things launching at our Newport Beach ramp so that tells me its just a matter of time before I see one out in the ocean on a flat day, ha. The party people gonna push the limits sooner or later round here..... hope I get to see that.
If i was dipping it in the harbor I’d go offshore all day. I looked hard at a few offshore boats before buying a deck boat. If the upkeep and slips weren’t so expensive i would have pulled the trigger. Hell, i try to talk my boss into it every few months.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Oh for sure... I've got a 30' and keep it on trailer at Dunes dry docked for $550/ mth.... I use their launch service which is 135/ mth of that total.

Riverryder

Reaction score
So Avalon is the bayliner of pontoons? Assuming it’s owned by Tahoe? Saw in one of the videos Tahoe was listed on the gate?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

LazyLavey

Reaction score
My neighbor has a 24 Avalon, 2018, Yamaha 250 V max. He will be selling as soon as next week, A lot of extras, hardly used..

I'm sure he'll post the sale... stand by

LowRiver2

Reaction score
2BC2DEB4-277A-4F92-A8EA-4259AA767A6F.jpeg
718D6D99-3B4B-434B-9574-530DAD9DCDDB.jpeg
0D9133E1-4EEF-4945-845D-412A1FCED2D2.jpeg
3624B92B-56AC-4832-AC07-F52B89F58B2B.jpeg

Found a wake surf edition on FB. Looks like @RiverDave convinced Volvo Penta on forward props lol. 6.2 for power and Comments had retail price at $158k

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Now THATS a great financial margin right there at that price tag.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dunno, still liking the 20ft no frills new pontoon. Makes more sense than trying to make a 90mph patio, or an aluminum patio dock wrecker. No matter what though, if they sell that's great. It lets the used model market stay fresh with an abundance of variety.

sirbob

Reaction score